Does Anyone Ever See Club Soda / Seltzer in Cans Anymore ?

1 view

Jeffy3

Feb 12, 2009, 3:38:48 PM2/12/09
The large plastic bottles can usually be found on sale but once you
open them they go flat and we don't use it all in one day. The little
glass six or eight packs are always a rip off. Would be nice if could
find it in 12 oz cans even if its generic no-name soda like you can
find in supermarkets.

hchi...@hotmail.com

Feb 12, 2009, 4:55:12 PM2/12/09
On Thu, 12 Feb 2009 12:38:48 -0800 (PST), Jeffy3 <jef...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

One tip is to not refrigerate it. It doesn't need it anyway and the
warm air in the neck condenses as it cools, drawing out more of the
fizz. You can also decant it into liter bottles (unless your town has
an anti-litering ordinence.)

Seerialmom

Feb 12, 2009, 7:36:54 PM2/12/09

I still have 3 cans in the fridge from when my kids wanted to make
bubbly jello. I believe it was Shasta brand club soda.

Lou

Feb 12, 2009, 8:18:51 PM2/12/09

"Jeffy3" <jef...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

I don't drink carbonated beverages of any sort any more - lost my taste for
them. But in the old days, I had a seltzer bottle.

jkutt...@hotmail.com

Feb 12, 2009, 8:32:48 PM2/12/09

YEs, I also buy them. I dont see them in Walmart. but I do see them in
Kroger and in tom Thumb.. Also I buy the mexican sodas in a bottle
but they are like 60 cents. a bit more expensive.

Evelyn Leeper

Feb 12, 2009, 9:31:31 PM2/12/09

They have cases of cans of Vintage (Vantage?) seltzer in Shop-Rite here
(NJ) all the time.

Where is "here" for you? Maybe it's a regional thing.

--
Evelyn C. Leeper
I know you can't live on hope alone but without hope

SMS

Feb 13, 2009, 8:27:48 AM2/13/09

IIRC, Whole Foods has it in their 365 brand, $2.29 for six cans. It may
be in the water or mixers section, not in the soda section.

You're right, those small bottles of Schwepps or Canada Dry are a big
rip off.

Whole Foods also sells very good tonic water, one of the only ones on
the market with real sugar and not HFCS (the other one is a very high
priced brand I saw at Cost Plus World Market).

jayn...@earthlink.net

Feb 13, 2009, 12:14:02 PM2/13/09

Evelyn Leeper wrote:
> They have cases of cans of Vintage (Vantage?) seltzer in Shop-Rite here
> (NJ) all the time.
>
> Where is "here" for you?  Maybe it's a regional thing.
>
> --
> Evelyn C. Leeper
> I know you can't live on hope alone but without hope
> life is not worth living.  -Harvey Milk

Yep. Bought a 12 pack of Vintage Seltzer 12 oz. cans at Shop Rite
about a month ago for $1.99 (during the "Can-Can" sale!).

Jayneau (in central NJ)

Jeffy3

Feb 13, 2009, 1:43:31 PM2/13/09

Thank you all. I am in the Philadelphia area, and will definitely run
over to the nearest ShopRite.