Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

catalpa

ungelesen,
25.01.2020, 15:39:0625.01.20
an

<gggg...@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:5d8d4065-3d1e-4e5c...@googlegroups.com...
> https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/08/how-this-japanese-method-of-saving-money-changed-my-lifeand-made-me-richer.html

"Instead, I had a habit of shopping when I felt bored, stressed, or unhappy
about something. I also shopped when I was in a good or celebratory mood,
with a tendency to go beyond my means."

I have never understood people who enjoy shopping. To me people who enjoy
shopping have their brains wired wrong, just like people who enjoy gambling.

ItsJoan NotJoann

ungelesen,
25.01.2020, 16:11:1425.01.20
an
I enjoy shopping if I find exactly what I needed and was looking for. But
just to go shopping to *find* something to buy or just shopping out of
boredom is not something I do.

rbowman

ungelesen,
25.01.2020, 16:57:2125.01.20
an
I don't enjoy shopping in that sense. However when looking for an item,
say a car, I do enjoy doing the research and comparing the various
options to find the best match for my purposes.

The Real Bev

ungelesen,
25.01.2020, 17:51:1825.01.20
an
On 01/25/2020 12:39 PM, catalpa wrote:
> <gggg...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/08/how-this-japanese-method-of-saving-money-changed-my-lifeand-made-me-richer.html
>
> "Instead, I had a habit of shopping when I felt bored, stressed, or unhappy
> about something. I also shopped when I was in a good or celebratory mood,
> with a tendency to go beyond my means."

That was my smoking pattern, but add in "starting or finishing a task or
phone call or pretty much anything else".

> I have never understood people who enjoy shopping. To me people who enjoy
> shopping have their brains wired wrong, just like people who enjoy gambling.

Shopping is what you do when you need something. And you do it alone,
and as quickly and efficiently and cheaply as possible.

Exception: yard sales. You never know what you'll find, and it won't
cost much more than a buck! The downside is that eventually you just
have pathways through your house.

--
Cheers, Bev
"By the time they had diminished from 50 to 8, the other

ItsJoan NotJoann

ungelesen,
25.01.2020, 18:31:5525.01.20
an
On Saturday, January 25, 2020 at 4:51:18 PM UTC-6, The Real Bev wrote:

> Shopping is what you do when you need something. And you do it alone,
> and as quickly and efficiently and cheaply as possible.
>
> Exception: yard sales. You never know what you'll find, and it won't
> cost much more than a buck! The downside is that eventually you just
> have pathways through your house.
>
> Cheers, Bev

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!!!

rbowman

ungelesen,
26.01.2020, 01:00:5426.01.20
an
On 01/25/2020 03:51 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
> On 01/25/2020 12:39 PM, catalpa wrote:
>> <gggg...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/08/how-this-japanese-method-of-saving-money-changed-my-lifeand-made-me-richer.html
>>>

>> "Instead, I had a habit of shopping when I felt bored, stressed, or
>> unhappy
>> about something. I also shopped when I was in a good or celebratory mood,
>> with a tendency to go beyond my means."
>
> That was my smoking pattern, but add in "starting or finishing a task or
> phone call or pretty much anything else".

That was the biggest problem when I stopped smoking. Back then if you
stopped to talk to someone at work you lit up. Get a cup of coffee, grab
a butt. Think about a design problem, fire up a Lucky.

The Real Bev

ungelesen,
28.01.2020, 01:52:1928.01.20
an
Life punctuation.

The really shitty thing is that whenever I smell fresh smoke I want to
smoke again. Lying bastards assured me that within a short time of
having quit I'd find the smell disgusting. No.

--
Cheers, Bev
"Why put fault tolerance in the OS, when it's already built

0 neue Nachrichten