Sprouts recalled due to salmonella contamination, 4 people sickened

zeez

May 22, 2010, 5:06:25 PM5/22/10
http://consumerist.com/2010/05/trader-joes-walmart-sprouts-recalled-for-salmonella.html

Sprouts sold at Trader Joe's, Walmart, Kings Super Market, Numero Uno
Stores, C�rdenas Markets, Gonzalez Northgate Markets, Wal-Mart stores,
Jons Markets, and Canton Foods have been recalled after an outbreak of
salmonella sickened more than 20 people in 10 states.

There have been no deaths but 4 people have been hospitalized.

The recalled alfalfa sprouts are labeled and packaged as follows:

* Caldwell Fresh Foods - 4-ounce plastic cups and one pound
plastic bags, and 2-pound and 5 pound plastic bags in cardboard boxes
with sticker affixed with the printed words Caldwell Fresh Foods.

* Nature's Choice - 4-ounce plastic cups

* California Exotics brands - 5-ounce plastic clamshell containers

If you've purchased these sprouts, return them to where you bought
them or simply discard them. If you experience the symptoms of
salmonella after consuming sprouts, seek medical attention.

Caldwell Fresh Foods Recalls Alfalfa Sprouts Because of Possible
Health Risks [FDA] http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm213119.htm
More About:

* recalls,
* salmonella,