What's the most overpriced used item you've seen for sale lately?

Ohioguy

Jun 15, 2010, 2:37:06 PM6/15/10
My wife and I were driving back home yesterday when we heard a
program called "Trading Post" on the radio. Some guy called in with 22
8 track tapes - country music - said he wanted 100 bucks!

I was amazed, truly. I could see him getting maybe $10 or $20 from
the right person, but these weren't shrinkwrapped or anything like that,
and he didn't mention any rarities.

What's the most overpriced thing you've seen lately?

Al

Jun 15, 2010, 4:51:44 PM6/15/10

I saw a vintage pink girl's Schwinn bike at the SA for $200. I realize
these have collector value, but I'm all about functionality. They also
had a men's 26" department store level bike for $120. It's amazing how
differently garage sales and entities value things. That's part of the
fun of garage sales. You can sometimes make assumptions about pricing
from the early things you see. You still have to check it all out as
that special item could be back there.

"Trading Post" sounds like the Canadian station AM800 show.

Bill

Jun 16, 2010, 10:41:59 AM6/16/10

> What's the most overpriced thing you've seen lately?

I saw an old computer at Goodwill for $125.00!

These are free at the dump and pretty much about $10/$20 elsewhere.