I Was Gonna Make A Will

Beaver...@live.com

Nov 15, 2017, 8:34:02 PM11/15/17
I once drew a rudimentary one out like this is who gets the football cards but it's time to do something more formal and legal.

Because I have a bit of money in the bank and I don't want the state to take a hefty cut just figuring out who my parents are, I decided to do the responsible thing and put it in writing.

However I immediately got tripped up. In the state of California, it requires the signature of 2 people. yet I don't even have one person to go to dinner with, how am I supposed to pull that off?

(I seethed over it a few months and backburned it but I am feeling a bit under the weather so I thought I should attempt it again).

John Weiss

Nov 15, 2017, 9:21:18 PM11/15/17
On 11/15/2017 17:33, Beaver...@live.com wrote:

> Because I have a bit of money in the bank and I don't want the state to take a hefty cut just figuring out who my parents are, I decided to do the responsible thing and put it in writing.
>
> However I immediately got tripped up. In the state of California, it requires the signature of 2 people. yet I don't even have one person to go to dinner with, how am I supposed to pull that off?
>
> (I seethed over it a few months and backburned it but I am feeling a bit under the weather so I thought I should attempt it again).

Try a bank, credit union, Driver License office, church office...

21bla...@gmail.com

Nov 21, 2017, 3:01:04 PM11/21/17
i just did a simple will

1. it had to be Handwritten, by you i think

2. then have 2 witnesses sign it, After you sign it, i think
[i stopped by a real estate office, at my small local shopping center]

3. keep it, and maybe one copy, somewhere safe
[i plan on getting a safety deposit box, eventually]

not too complicated, and frugal cost [my witnesses didn't charge anything]

it can probably be as long as you want

you can do plenty of research online, for simple wills

marc

ItsJoan NotJoann

Nov 21, 2017, 3:42:13 PM11/21/17
On Tuesday, November 21, 2017 at 2:01:04 PM UTC-6, 21bla...@gmail.com wrote:

> i just did a simple will
>
> 1. it had to be Handwritten, by you i think
>
> marc

Handwritten wills, also known as holographic wills, are legal and
binding in many states. However, each state defines what is acceptable
within its boundaries.

21bla...@gmail.com

Nov 21, 2017, 4:18:13 PM11/21/17
in California at least,
my handwritten simple will had to be witnessed [my signature] by 2 people
[2 people not in the will]

marc

mymoneyhoney

Dec 15, 2017, 1:01:09 PM12/15/17

ItsJoan NotJoann;717981 Wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 21, 2017 at 2:01:04 PM UTC-6, 21bla...@gmail.com
> wrote:-
>
> i just did a simple will
>
> 1. it had to be Handwritten, by you i think
>
> marc
>
> -
> Handwritten wills, also known as holographic wills, are legal and
> binding in many states. However, each state defines what is acceptable
> within its boundaries.

Just make sure you write it in pen and not pencil!!!!

--
mymoneyhoney

Beaver...@live.com

Dec 15, 2017, 9:38:31 PM12/15/17
Sharpie, big writing on plain white paper.