The 11th Commandment

His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Spirits of the Jungle

Sep 23, 2010, 1:45:51 PM9/23/10
http://www.the-ten-commandments.org/the-ten-commandments.html

I tend to forget the 10 Commandments, perhaps because they are COMMON
SENSE (thou shalt not steal) or PLAIN STUPID (thou shalt not covet thy
neighbor's donkey). The last one can be rearranged though to read
"Thou shalt not cover your neighbor's SUV or house" to really make
sense, but to envy your neighbor is the engine of capitalism.

Anyway here's the 11th Commandment:

"You can do whatever the fuck you want so long as you don't hurt
anyone."

This single Commandment is to be printed, circulated and drilled into
the brain of every single Christian out there. Notice that under this
law SUVs are a "no way Jose."

THE WISE TIBETAN MONKEY SAYS

"May the Spirits of the Jungle be with you"

Opus

Sep 24, 2010, 11:48:39 AM9/24/10
On Sep 23, 12:45 pm, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Spirits of

Actually that comes close to the only "commandment" in most pagan
philosophies today, with the Wiccan Rede being the most quoted, " An
as ye harm none, do as ye will shall be the law." The Golden Dawn has
a different take on it that means essentially the same thing but you
have to have read about 40 pages of dissertation to understand it: "Do
as you Will shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the Law, Love under
Will." The capitalization changes the meaning assigned to the words
Love and Will, making them shorthand for pages of doctrine. Rather
than waste bandwidth explaining subjects I'm only peripherally aware
of I'll let the student research this on his or her own. I know Wicca,
Golden Dawn is something else entirely.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Spirits of the Jungle

Sep 24, 2010, 12:59:48 PM9/24/10

Someone brought that up in another forum, but I thought it wasn't in
fashion any more.

I'm sure the "Spirits of the Jungle" ring a bell through the forests
of Northern Europe. Jesus came from the arid lands of Judea to end the
fun.

Tannim

Sep 24, 2010, 1:07:34 PM9/24/10

I always thought the 11th Commandment was "Honor thy children." Anyway,
while we're on the subject of Commandments, let's look at what Jesus had
to say back in Matthew:

Mat 22:34 But when the Pharisees had heard that he had put the
Sadducees to silence, they were gathered together.
Mat 22:35 Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question,
tempting him, and saying,
Mat 22:36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
Mat 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with
all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
Mat 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.
Mat 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour
as thyself.
Mat 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

If you look at the 10 Commandments from Exodus:

Exo 20:2 I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land
of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
Exo 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
Exo 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any
likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth
beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
Exo 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I
the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers
upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate
me;
Exo 20:6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and
keep my commandments.
Exo 20:7 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for
the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
Exo 20:8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Exo 20:9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
Exo 20:10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it
thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy
manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that
is within thy gates:
Exo 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and
all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD
blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
Exo 20:12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long
upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
Exo 20:13 Thou shalt not kill.
Exo 20:14 Thou shalt not commit adultery.
Exo 20:15 Thou shalt not steal.
Exo 20:16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
Exo 20:17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not
covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor
his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

and you actually read them, in light of what Christ had to say in
Matthew, you realize that He spoke the truth, for if you love God with
all your mind, heart, and soul, you violate the first two, and if you
love your neighbor as yourself, you won't violate the other eight.

- I a m b u t m a d n o r t h - n o r t h w e s t . W h e n
t h e w i n d i s s o u t h e r l y , I k n o w a h a w
k f r o m a h a n d s a w . -

His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Spirits of the Jungle

Sep 24, 2010, 2:39:06 PM9/24/10
On Sep 24, 10:26 am, "Mike" <mikehu...@lycos.com> wrote:
> Don't you wish you could afford a new SUV or a new car

No, I wish to ride a bike and never drive again.

Nothing could be more depressing than driving in America anyway. ;)

MikenGina

Sep 24, 2010, 1:56:16 PM9/24/10

*From this page:

http://www.religioustolerance.org/thelema2.htm
*
The Law of Thelema was revealed to the world by a praeterhuman
Intelligence calling himself Aiwass in Cairo, Egypt in March and April,
1904 e.v. Aiwass appeared first to Rose Edith Kelly -nee-
Crowley, in an altered state of consciousness (ASC), and
subsequently to the British poet and magical adept, Aleister
Crowley *(pronounced Crow-lee)* (born in Leamington, England on
October 12, 1875 e.v.). Aiwass proceeded to demonstrate his objective
existence independently of the psyches of both Crowley and Rose,
by leading them to the stele of Ankh-af-na-khonsu, a Theban
Egyptian priest of the 8th century B.C.E., in the Boulak Museum,
where they had never been. He then dictated a sacred text to
Crowley called the -Book of the Law-. For five years thereafter
Crowley resisted the Law of Thelema and the mission of Thelemic
prophet laid upon him by Aiwass, regarding the Cairo Working, as
it is called, as an "astral vision" (-i.e.-, a purely
imaginative – but not "imaginary" – experience). However,
Crowley’s subsequent attainment of the grade of Master of the Temple
in the Supreme College of the Great White Brotherhood resulted in
his acceptance of the Law of Thelema and of his own prophetic
role as described in the -Book of the Law-. Crowley proclaimed
himself as the prophet of a new eon for humanity for the first
time in his long mystical poem, -Aha-! (1909), which has been
compared in beauty and profundity to the -Bhagavad-Gita-.
Thereafter he signed his correspondence and formal instructions
with the two main slogans of the -Book of the Law-, “Do what
thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law” and “Love is the law,
love under will.”

*The symbol on this page hangs in our house. Gina was a follower of
Thelema and the O.T.O. for many years. She did translations of The Book
of the Law for the Brazilian O.T.O. founded by Marcelo Ramos Motta.
She met Motta and many others in high standing with the O.T.O. Motta
spoke with her in Toronto in the mid 70's.
Interesting if you want to read up on it.*

http://www.dowhatthouwilt.com/

*Many passages are quoted from the Book of the Law*

Invoke me under my stars! *Love is the law, love under will.* Nor let
the fools mistake love; for there are love and love. There is the dove,
and there is the serpent. Choose ye well! He, my prophet, hath chosen,
knowing the law of the fortress, and the great mystery of the House of
God.

All these old letters of my Book are aright; but צ [Tzaddi] is not the
Star. This also is secret: my prophet shall reveal it to the wise.

I give unimaginable joys on earth: certainty, not faith, while in life,
upon death; peace unutterable, rest, ecstasy; nor do I demand aught in
sacrifice.

My incense is of resinous woods & gums; and there is no blood therein:
because of my hair the trees of Eternity.

My number is 11, as all their numbers who are of us. The Five Pointed
Star, with a Circle in the Middle, & the circle is Red. My colour is
black to the blind, but the blue & gold are seen of the seeing. Also I
have asecret glory for them that love me.

Chapter 1:53-60
Liber AL vel Legis (The Book of the Law)
sub figura CCXX
as delivered by XCIII = 418 to DCLXVI

*\"life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving
safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in
broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming
-- wow-- what a ride!!!\"*

Duane Hebert

Sep 24, 2010, 3:29:38 PM9/24/10
"His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Spirits of the Jungle" <nolionn...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Try hitchhiking in America.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Spirits of the Jungle

Sep 24, 2010, 3:44:54 PM9/24/10
On Sep 24, 12:29 pm, "Duane Hebert" <s...@flarn.com> wrote:
> "His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Spirits of the Jungle" <nolionnoprob...@yahoo.com> wrote in messagenews:cc5b2da9-19dc-4eca...@q2g2000vbk.googlegroups.com...

> > On Sep 24, 10:26 am, "Mike" <mikehu...@lycos.com> wrote:
> >> Don't you wish you could afford a new SUV or a new car
>
> > No, I wish to ride a bike and never drive again.
>
> > Nothing could be more depressing than driving in America anyway. ;)
>
> Try hitchhiking in America.

That sounds worse than walking!

Opus

Sep 25, 2010, 11:55:03 AM9/25/10
On Sep 24, 11:59 am, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Spirits of

the Jungle" <nolionnoprob...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Sep 24, 8:48 am, Opus <opusthep...@gmail.com> wrote:
>snip<

> > Actually that comes close to the only "commandment" in most pagan
> > philosophies today, with the Wiccan Rede being the most quoted, " An
> > as ye harm none, do as ye will shall be the law."  The Golden Dawn has
> > a different take on it that means essentially the same thing but you
> > have to have read about 40 pages of dissertation to understand it: "Do
> > as you Will shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the Law, Love under
> > Will." The capitalization changes the meaning assigned to the words
> > Love and Will, making them shorthand for pages of doctrine. Rather
> > than waste bandwidth explaining subjects I'm only peripherally aware
> > of I'll let the student research this on his or her own. I know Wicca,
> > Golden Dawn is something else entirely.
>
> Someone brought that up in another forum, but I thought it wasn't in
> fashion any more.
>
> I'm sure the "Spirits of the Jungle" ring a bell through the forests
> of Northern Europe. Jesus came from the arid lands of Judea to end the
> fun.

I don't know that religion has a "fashion", but to many the statement
as written in the Rede is the ultimate statement of responsibility,
not of anarchy. The first clause is "An it harm none" which is much
like the Judeo-Christian "Thou shalt not kill", easy to say but
impossible to actually do. What the Wiccan practitioner does is to
strive to minimize the damage he or she does in life while still
living that life. "Harm none" extends to the self and everything you
touch, but everything does something harm, the idea is to harm as few
as possible while helping as many as possible.

For instance, using computers. On the one hand using a computer
requires electricity, which in the US is mostly from burning fossil
fuels. On the other hand by using computers we can be our own mass
media, communicating with millions while not using a single sheet of
paper, thereby saving forests. So you have the tradeoff of a little
air pollution vs. not killing thousands of trees.

There is also the matter of eating meat. We have evolved so that a
portion of our diet can be meat, and that ratio can be anywhere from
0/100 to 100/0 meat to vegetable matter. On the one hand you have to
kill an animal to eat meat, on the other hand, to quote Binkley from
Bloom County, "Boiled carrots never have a nice day."

Even in our transportation we have a choice of harms, between time
consumed to pollution created. My personal choice is usually walking
or riding my bike but there are times when I use public transit or
ride in a car if there's no other way. And sometimes there is just no
other way.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Spirits of the Jungle

Sep 25, 2010, 4:23:07 PM9/25/10

You may say some religions are "fashionable" when they allow you to
"camouflage" into the system, while the opposite is when they get you
in trouble.

Being a Christian, for example, opens doors for you in the West, but
gets you in trouble in Egypt.

> For instance, using computers. On the one hand using a computer
> requires electricity, which in the US is mostly from burning fossil
> fuels. On the other hand by using computers we can be our own mass
> media, communicating with millions while not using a single sheet of
> paper, thereby saving forests. So you have the tradeoff of a little
> air pollution vs. not killing thousands of trees.
>
> There is also the matter of eating meat. We have evolved so that a
> portion of our diet can be meat, and that ratio can be anywhere from
> 0/100 to 100/0 meat to vegetable matter. On the one hand you have to
> kill an animal to eat meat, on the other hand, to quote Binkley from
> Bloom County, "Boiled carrots never have a nice day."
>
> Even in our transportation we have a choice of harms, between time
> consumed to pollution created. My personal choice is usually walking
> or riding my bike but there are times when I use public transit or
> ride in a car if there's no other way. And sometimes there is just no
> other way.

All of it makes sense to me so it gets two thumbs up from me. ;)

The Real Bev

Sep 26, 2010, 11:09:23 PM9/26/10
On 09/24/10 10:07, Tannim wrote:

> Exo 20:17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not
> covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor
> his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

This is also the origin of the prohibition against homosexuality.

--
Cheers, Bev
"If you were trying to be offensive, you would have succeeded if I

Tannim

Sep 27, 2010, 12:01:31 AM9/27/10

Actually, Bev, the prohibition of homosexuality goes farther back. The
first prohibition of homosexuality can be found in Genesis 1:28.
Genesis 19 really hammers the point home. Also, Genesis 2:23-24.

Don Klipstein

Sep 27, 2010, 1:55:30 AM9/27/10
In article <i7p1sv$39d$2...@news.eternal-september.org>, The Real Bev wrote:
>On 09/24/10 10:07, Tannim wrote:
>
>> Exo 20:17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not
>> covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor
>> his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.
>
>This is also the origin of the prohibition against homosexuality.

The above prohibition appears to me to have gender neutrality with
regards to oxen and donkeys and servants, as well as houses.

And, please give consideration for how much a human of either gender
and any sexual orientation desires a "hot date with" oxen, donkeys, or
even buffalos or any heads of cattle, or houses for that matter.

Getting into bed with paid servants is another matter - prostitution,
less-common for servants to deal with as opposed to ones whose job
descriptions describe prostitution...

And why should I as a gay man covet any neighbor's wife? Not that
I covet husbands other than mine in my neighborhood... My boyfriend
gets me "sexually exited" better than anyone else on "God's Green
earth" can!

Certainly, I prefer to "have a hot date into te bedroom" with my
boyfriend rather than an ox or a donkey or a neighbor or anyone's
wife!
--
- Don Klipstein (d...@misty.com)

The Real Bev

Sep 27, 2010, 2:12:02 AM9/27/10
On 09/26/10 22:55, Don Klipstein wrote:

> In article<i7p1sv$39d$2...@news.eternal-september.org>, The Real Bev wrote:
>>On 09/24/10 10:07, Tannim wrote:
>>
>>> Exo 20:17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not
>>> covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor
>>> his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.
>>
>>This is also the origin of the prohibition against homosexuality.
>
> The above prohibition appears to me to have gender neutrality with
> regards to oxen and donkeys and servants, as well as houses.

Indeed. The purpose of such covetousness is nonspecific to say the least.

> And, please give consideration for how much a human of either gender
> and any sexual orientation desires a "hot date with" oxen, donkeys, or
> even buffalos or any heads of cattle, or houses for that matter.
>
> Getting into bed with paid servants is another matter - prostitution,
> less-common for servants to deal with as opposed to ones whose job
> descriptions describe prostitution...
>
> And why should I as a gay man covet any neighbor's wife? Not that
> I covet husbands other than mine in my neighborhood... My boyfriend
> gets me "sexually exited" better than anyone else on "God's Green
> earth" can!

Thou shalt not covet they neighbor's ass. I think that's pretty clear.

> Certainly, I prefer to "have a hot date into te bedroom" with my
> boyfriend rather than an ox or a donkey or a neighbor or anyone's
> wife!

The commandments seem to be of a more general nature -- wives, stuff,
farm animals, asses, all are forbidden to be coveted if they belong to
thy neighbor.

--
Cheers, Bev
Eat this, NSA: bomb assassinate Washington North Korea Iraq spy poison