Re: OT help needed

Message has been deleted

Bob F

Feb 4, 2015, 10:12:57 AM2/4/15
Have you checked KPLU? They seem to have multiple choices.

Derald wrote:
> On Feb.5, KUOW (Seattle NPR affiliate) is discontinuing its mp3 stream
> in favor of a in-browser player. Can (and will) someone provide me
> with a URL for _any_ other "west coast" (Pacific Time Zone) NPR mp3
> (or "Apple" or "IPod") stream? Surely, I'm not the only one who
> listens online to those smugly superior statist bastards. Just
> trying to save myself some searching time.
>
> Thanks!

Message has been deleted

Bob F

Feb 4, 2015, 1:43:50 PM2/4/15
Derald wrote:
> "Bob F" <bobn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Have you checked KPLU? They seem to have multiple choices.
> Thanks; will do. I'm embarrassed to say (well, not really) that I
> "found" KAZU <http://kazuaudio.csumb.edu/live128.m3u> within minutes
> of posting here.
> My hours are erratic and when I miss the local "Morning Edition"
> (for example) broadcast, streams from radio stations in other time
> zones get me to where I came in. I hear "wait, wait; don't tell me"
> three times each Saturday ;-)

My condolances. :-)

With KPLU and KUOW, you should have even more choices. They seem to broadcast
weekend shows at different times. Ever try "Democracy Now" on KBCS?

Message has been deleted

Bob F

Feb 4, 2015, 8:15:45 PM2/4/15
Derald wrote:
> "Bob F" <bobn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> My condolances. :-)
> Oh, c'mon, now; you know those guys're pretty funny. I'm surprised
> at the amount of absolutely useless trivia one can pick up.
>
>> Ever try "Democracy Now" on KBCS?
> Not for quite some time and never on KBCS. I'd have listened to it
> on WMNF, a community supported "alternative" station in Florida.

Oops! I should read your signiture line before I replied. I was assuming you
were in this area.

Bob F

Feb 4, 2015, 8:16:30 PM2/4/15
And I should proofread my spelling.