Possible to buy a GOOD laptop?

බැලීම් 42
පළමු නොකියවූ පණිවිඩය දක්වා මඟ හරින්න

hohum

නොකියවූ,
2019 ජූනි 18, 22.09.312019-06-18
සිට
Wondering if it's possible to buy a GOOD laptop, that is good for 10 years,
for 1000 USD? Last one I had like that was a Compaq with all the latest
bells and whistles. It lasted over 10 years, but cost like $3000.

John Weiss

නොකියවූ,
2019 ජූනි 19, 09.11.202019-06-19
සිට
Yes. You can buy a good laptop for $800 these days. If you don't drop
it, it should last 10 years.

tra...@optonline.net

නොකියවූ,
2019 ජූනි 19, 17.29.572019-06-19
සිට
There are plenty for half that price, unless you want an Apple. If you're
just using it mostly for the web and similar, I'd be looking in that
range. I find myself using my phone a lot more than the PC. Which
is one reason PC sales peaked years ago.

hohum

නොකියවූ,
2019 ජූනි 20, 14.46.212019-06-20
සිට
John Weiss <jrweis...@comcast.net> wrote in
Yes, if you keep it in the closet. Average life of laptop these days is
1-3 years before needing repairs.

hohum

නොකියවූ,
2019 ජූනි 20, 14.46.222019-06-20
සිට
John Weiss <jrweis...@comcast.net> wrote in

ItsJoan NotJoann

නොකියවූ,
2019 ජූනි 20, 14.51.142019-06-20
සිට
On Thursday, June 20, 2019 at 1:46:21 PM UTC-5, hohum wrote:

> John Weiss <jrweis...@comcast.net> wrote in
>
> > Yes. You can buy a good laptop for $800 these days. If you don't
> > drop it, it should last 10 years.
> >

> Yes, if you keep it in the closet. Average life of laptop these days is
> 1-3 years before needing repairs.

I've been lucky; I average about 5-7 years on mine. Now that I've bragged
on the length of time mine lasts it will die for sure tomorrow!

gggg...@gmail.com

නොකියවූ,
2019 ජූනි 23, 02.58.032019-06-23
සිට

hohum

නොකියවූ,
2019 ජූනි 23, 06.56.582019-06-23
සිට
gggg...@gmail.com wrote in
sorry but if you check all the research data on laptops, the average
lifespan before needing repairs is about 1-3 years. They are commercial
JUNK, built to fail and make you buy a new one. That is why I have
concluded that only the data is valuable, the machine is a throw away.

gggg...@gmail.com

නොකියවූ,
2019 ජූනි 23, 23.13.562019-06-23
සිට
On Tuesday, June 18, 2019 at 4:09:31 PM UTC-10, hohum wrote:
https://www.tomsguide.com/us/best-laptop-deals,news-30410.html

gggg...@gmail.com

නොකියවූ,
2020 ජූනි 21, 11.36.062020-06-21
සිට

gggg...@gmail.com

නොකියවූ,
2020 ජූනි 21, 16.22.442020-06-21
සිට

ItsJoan NotJoann

නොකියවූ,
2020 ජූනි 21, 18.35.202020-06-21
සිට
I guess we can expect another report on buying laptops NEXT year as well.
Going for a record?

gggg...@gmail.com

නොකියවූ,
2020 ජූනි 24, 15.39.082020-06-24
සිට
On Tuesday, June 18, 2019 at 7:09:31 PM UTC-7, hohum wrote:
https://www.theverge.com/21296102/best-chromebooks

John Weiss

නොකියවූ,
2020 ජූනි 24, 15.57.592020-06-24
සිට
A Chromebook is not a true laptop. It requires an Internet connection
to do almost anything, because it is tied to cloud-based apps.

I bought a Lenovo Flex 4-1580 at Costco for about $800 4 years ago, and
it's still going strong.

gggg...@gmail.com

නොකියවූ,
2020 ජූනි 25, 00.20.442020-06-25
සිට
On Tuesday, June 18, 2019 at 7:09:31 PM UTC-7, hohum wrote:
https://hackaday.com/2020/06/24/netbooks-the-next-generation-chromebooks/

gggg...@gmail.com

නොකියවූ,
2020 ජූනි 25, 18.39.312020-06-25
සිට
On Tuesday, June 18, 2019 at 7:09:31 PM UTC-7, hohum wrote:
https://www.engadget.com/lenovo-flex-5-chromebook-review-170023587.html

gggg...@gmail.com

නොකියවූ,
2020 ජූනි 27, 00.19.172020-06-27
සිට
On Tuesday, June 18, 2019 at 7:09:31 PM UTC-7, hohum wrote:
https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/06/26/the-best-cheap-chromebooks-for-working-from-home/

gggg...@gmail.com

නොකියවූ,
2020 ජූනි 28, 11.02.452020-06-28
සිට
On Tuesday, June 18, 2019 at 7:09:31 PM UTC-7, hohum wrote:
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/lenovo-chromebook-c340-sale-210945986.html

gggg...@gmail.com

නොකියවූ,
2020 ජූලි 1, 15.33.512020-07-01
සිට
On Tuesday, June 18, 2019 at 7:09:31 PM UTC-7, hohum wrote:
https://www.engadget.com/best-chromebooks-160054646.html

gggg...@gmail.com

නොකියවූ,
2020 ජූලි 4, 17.51.522020-07-04