Humorous true work story

john neeves

Aug 20, 2010, 12:35:01 PM8/20/10
Do you have a Humorous at work story to tell? The one told me the other day
was by a car windscreen fitter, lets call him Fred. He went around to
someone's house and fitted a new windscreen. Some cars are a lot more
complicated to do than others.

After working on one of the most difficult for several hours, he finished
the job and the owners wife came out of the house to sign for the work. Just
then a women drove up, asked if this was Mr So and So's car, they both said
yes.

The new arrival turned to the owners wife and said, I've had an affair with
your husband for two years and yesterday he said he has finished with me.

With that she whipped out a small hammer and wrecked the windscreen. Fred
said his eyes have never been so big.

Al

Aug 20, 2010, 4:17:47 PM8/20/10

Could be true, probably apocryphal, still funny in a way because such
things do happen.
A local plumber used to tell stories of how he would show up for jobs
mostly in the inner city and be met by naked women at the door
expecting free plumbing(?) work.

thanatoid

Aug 20, 2010, 11:41:26 PM8/20/10
"john neeves" <simp...@mail.invalid> wrote in

> Do you have a Humorous at work story to tell? The one told

<snip>

> With that she whipped out a small hammer and wrecked the
> windscreen. Fred said his eyes have never been so big.

This is not funny or 'humorous', it is boring and badly told.

And 'Fred' obviously doesn't get out much. And how did he know
his eyes were bigger than ever?

All human eyes are about the same size, it's how "tall" your
eyelids open. Does Fred carry around a little mirror to check
his eyes all the time?

Please troll in your own workplace.

--
Any mental activity is easy if it need not be subjected to
reality.

richard

Aug 20, 2010, 12:08:48 PM8/20/10

Yeah I find it funnier than hell that a glass installer would take several
hours to do the job. If he can't do the job in thirty minutes or less, he'd
be kicked off my property for sure.

john hamilton

Aug 21, 2010, 5:33:57 AM8/21/10

"thanatoid" <wai...@the.exit.invalid> wrote in message

> "john neeves" <simp...@mail.invalid> wrote in
>
>> Do you have a Humorous at work story to tell? The one told
>
> <snip>
>
>> With that she whipped out a small hammer and wrecked the
>> windscreen. Fred said his eyes have never been so big.
>
> This is not funny or 'humorous', it is boring and badly told.
>
> And 'Fred' obviously doesn't get out much. And how did he know
> his eyes were bigger than ever?
>
> All human eyes are about the same size, it's how "tall" your
> eyelids open. Does Fred carry around a little mirror to check
> his eyes all the time?
>
> Please troll in your own workplace.

Thanatoid, thankyou for your response. If there was a competition for boring
posts you would do pretty well. Lighten up, why can't you ?

Nige

Aug 21, 2010, 6:38:00 AM8/21/10

Thats about as funny as getting your cock caught in a revolving door.

--

Nige,

'Candygram for Mongo'

R1

Message has been deleted

§ñühw¤£f

Aug 21, 2010, 9:47:34 AM8/21/10
Evan Platt wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 12:08:48 -0400, richard <mem...@newsguy.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Yeah I find it funnier than hell that a glass installer would take several
>> hours to do the job. If he can't do the job in thirty minutes or less, he'd
>> be kicked off my property for sure.
>
> I find it funnier than hell that you think you know how long it should
> take to replace the window on a car.
>
> How many car windshields have you installed, st00pid?
>
> And why do you care how long it takes them? You aren't paying by the
> hour.

Its better to have it take a little longer and be done right. A bad seal
on a windshield isnt much fun.

The Daring Dufas

Aug 21, 2010, 9:57:59 AM8/21/10

That would probably snatch the feathers off him and the hens would
never look at him the same way again. 8-)

TDD

George

Aug 21, 2010, 10:09:36 AM8/21/10
On 8/21/2010 9:34 AM, Evan Platt wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 12:08:48 -0400, richard<mem...@newsguy.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Yeah I find it funnier than hell that a glass installer would take several
>> hours to do the job. If he can't do the job in thirty minutes or less, he'd
>> be kicked off my property for sure.
>
> I find it funnier than hell that you think you know how long it should
> take to replace the window on a car.

Maybe he had a few replaced or knows more than you think? A competent
installer can easily replace a windshield in 30 minutes. My guess his
was more of a comment on the "heybub" style "true story"

Meat Plow

Aug 21, 2010, 11:43:33 AM8/21/10
On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 17:35:01 +0100, john neeves wrote:

> After working on one of the most difficult for several hours,

The fitter must have not only fitted the windscreen but he also
would have mixed, heated, and poured the glass if it took several hours.
The glass dood that replaced the window on my truck did it in 15 minutes
and needed no help.

thanatoid

Aug 21, 2010, 12:10:13 PM8/21/10
"john hamilton" <blues...@mail.invalid> wrote in

<snip>

> Thanatoid, thankyou for your response. If there was a
> competition for boring posts you would do pretty well.
> Lighten up, why can't you ?

'thanatoid' is never capitalized.

And trust me, I ***really wish*** I could "lighten up". I can't.

thanatoid

Aug 21, 2010, 12:11:51 PM8/21/10
Evan Platt <ev...@theobvious.espphotography.com> wrote in

> On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 12:08:48 -0400, richard
> <mem...@newsguy.com> wrote:
>

>>Yeah I find it funnier than hell that a glass installer
>>would take several hours to do the job. If he can't do the
>>job in thirty minutes or less, he'd be kicked off my
>>property for sure.
>

> I find it funnier than hell that you think you know how
> long it should take to replace the window on a car.
>

> How many car windshields have you installed, st00pid?
>
> And why do you care how long it takes them? You aren't
> paying by the hour.

Even, do you realize what is slowly-but-surely happening to your
previously-sharp and on-target brain!?

Stop before it's too late! You're worse than a crack addict!

cl...@snyder.on.ca

Aug 21, 2010, 5:32:48 PM8/21/10
On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 10:09:36 -0400, George <geo...@nospam.invalid>
wrote:

Depends how much cleaning up is required in the pinch-weld area. I've
seen some that have taken several hours in preparation alone, to be
sure the seal would not leak later.

Message has been deleted