Warning about plumbers

aesthete8

Jan 5, 2010, 8:47:48 PM1/5/10

Al

Jan 5, 2010, 10:07:29 PM1/5/10
On Jan 5, 8:47 pm, aesthete8 <art...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.smartmoney.com/spending/rip-offs/10-things-your-plumber-wo...

Sad to say that much of it is true. However, most dangerous is having
to view a plumber's butt crack.

One thing I didn't see on the list in a quick read is how a plumber
can leave latent damage and not inform the customer. It may or may not
be his fault. For example, a sewer tile can be broken during a snaking
procedure or part of the snake might break and be stuck in the line.
If the water flows, the plumber goes. Eventually those cutter blades
on the end will break. They need to be checked and changed before
breaking. Nowadays, the line can be viewed with a camera and cleaned
out with water jetting somewhat like a Water Pik for your sewer. The
cleaning is better and the damage less.

hchi...@hotmail.com

Jan 7, 2010, 1:40:58 PM1/7/10
On Tue, 5 Jan 2010 19:07:29 -0800 (PST), Al <albu...@mailinator.com>
wrote:

>somewhat like a Water Pik for your sewer

Now there is an image that will be hard to forget...

Al

Jan 7, 2010, 3:20:38 PM1/7/10
On Jan 7, 1:40 pm, hchick...@hotmail.com wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Jan 2010 19:07:29 -0800 (PST), Al <albun...@mailinator.com>

> wrote:
>
> >somewhat like a Water Pik for your sewer
>
> Now there is an image that will be hard to forget...

OK, change that image to "Power Washer." High pressure does a great
job. I don't think it handles roots as well as a blade though. Trees
belong in the forest.

Dennis

Jan 7, 2010, 8:17:44 PM1/7/10
On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 12:20:38 -0800 (PST), Al <albu...@mailinator.com>
wrote:

>On Jan 7, 1:40�pm, hchick...@hotmail.com wrote:

OK, but my house is in a forest. ;-)

Dennis (evil)

hchi...@hotmail.com

Jan 10, 2010, 1:02:29 PM1/10/10
On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 01:17:44 +0000 (UTC), Dennis <dg...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 12:20:38 -0800 (PST), Al <albu...@mailinator.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Jan 7, 1:40 pm, hchick...@hotmail.com wrote:

>>> Now there is an image that will be hard to forget...
>>
>>OK, change that image to "Power Washer." High pressure does a great
>>job. I don't think it handles roots as well as a blade though. Trees
>>belong in the forest.
>
>OK, but my house is in a forest. ;-)
>
>Dennis (evil)

So if your plumbing is backed up, what you are saying is you can't see
the forest for the pees?

Marsha

Jan 10, 2010, 5:38:20 PM1/10/10

Boooo Hisssss

Marsha <<<<throwing rotten tomatoes your way

Dennis

Jan 11, 2010, 4:26:32 PM1/11/10

If my plumbing backed up very much, it would drive right off the
cliff. Fortunately my toilet has no reverse.

But if a pea fell for a florist, would we hear the sound of one hand
slapping?

hchi...@hotmail.com

Jan 12, 2010, 12:04:46 AM1/12/10
On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 21:26:32 +0000 (UTC), Dennis <dg...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 12:02:29 -0600, hchi...@hotmail.com wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 01:17:44 +0000 (UTC), Dennis <dg...@hotmail.com>
>>wrote:

>>>OK, but my house is in a forest. ;-)
>>>
>>>Dennis (evil)
>>
>>So if your plumbing is backed up, what you are saying is you can't see
>>the forest for the pees?
>
>If my plumbing backed up very much, it would drive right off the
>cliff. Fortunately my toilet has no reverse.
>
>But if a pea fell for a florist, would we hear the sound of one hand
>slapping?
>
>Dennis (evil)

I resemble that remark. It isn't Zensible.

Helen Keller grew up a few miles from where we live. Somebody could
have asked her, but she never listened anyway.

Where is Rodney when we need him? Can we do a recall? Where's my
rimshot?

I get no respect around here.

Dennis

Jan 13, 2010, 6:08:22 PM1/13/10

Hmm, I hope you mean Dangerfield and not the Zippy-type.
(BTW, just a bit of thread-topical trivia: RD's widow is a florist...)

>I get no respect around here.

Do you get it anywhere else?