CIGARETTES, SAVE MONEY AND SAVE YOURSELF

1 view

electro...@gmail.com

Feb 2, 2009, 1:48:35 AM2/2/09
HTTP://ITSSMOKING.COM

http://itsSmoking.com

Please take a moment to explore this site. You will find that
http://itsSmoking.com
offers an exciting business opportunity driven by an amazing,
innovative product, offering tremendous earning potential electronic,
nicotine delivery device that simulates the sensation of smoking
without the worry of taking in cancer causing agents and other
harmful
chemicals that are normally associated with traditional tobacco
products. It produces simulated smoke that is actually a vapor mist
that looks, tastes, feels and reacts very similar to actual tobacco
smoke. When exhaled, the vapor harmlessly evaporates in the
surrounding air within a few seconds. It does not use tobacco at all.
In fact, the nicotine that is used is synthetic and derived from
other
natural sources other than tobacco

Woody

Feb 2, 2009, 2:02:54 AM2/2/09

<electro...@gmail.com> wrote in message

This is the so-called "electronic cigarette," and it has existed for quite
some time. There are several brands available on the net. What makes yours
better than the next guy's?

Woody

ecig...@gmail.com

Feb 3, 2009, 9:39:12 PM2/3/09
Suppliers are being advised not to make cessation claims unless you
have the clinical studies to back them up lest you ruin it for all
users. Keep e-cigs legal !

The Real Bev

Feb 4, 2009, 1:16:09 AM2/4/09
ecig...@gmail.com wrote:

I assume there's some sort of law that requires that they be sold as
quit-smoking aids rather than environmentally-friendly nicotine delivery systems.

--
Cheers,
Bev

NoSpa...@lousyisp.gov

Feb 4, 2009, 10:38:31 PM2/4/09
The Real Bev <bashl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>ecig...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> Suppliers are being advised not to make cessation claims unless you
>> have the clinical studies to back them up lest you ruin it for all
>> users. Keep e-cigs legal !

>I assume there's some sort of law that requires that they be sold as
>quit-smoking aids rather than environmentally-friendly nicotine delivery systems.

Quite the contrary. If they were sold as quit-smoking aids they'd fall
under the control of the FDA and the classed as a drug which would
entail all sorts of high cost testing and approval procedures. I
believe it costs over $100 million to gain FDA approval for any new
drug. You can be sure Nicorette, Pfizer, and even big tobacco are just
hoping to catch them in a quit-smoking claim.

The Real Bev

Feb 4, 2009, 10:43:51 PM2/4/09
NoSpa...@LousyISP.gov wrote:

I googled. Every one I saw touted itself as a quit-smoking aid. As a cigarette
substitute they're incredibly expensive.

Maybe it's possible to buy nicotine bug-killer, saturate a cotton ball and stuff
it into one of those large straws they use for boba tea...

For entertainment purposes only, professional drivers shown on closed tracks, do
not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

--
Cheers, Bev
There is a fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness.'

NoSpa...@lousyisp.gov

Feb 5, 2009, 9:58:29 PM2/5/09
The Real Bev <bashl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>NoSpa...@LousyISP.gov wrote:

>> The Real Bev <bashl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>>I assume there's some sort of law that requires that they be sold as
>>>quit-smoking aids rather than environmentally-friendly nicotine delivery systems.

>> Quite the contrary. If they were sold as quit-smoking aids they'd fall
>> under the control of the FDA and the classed as a drug which would
>> entail all sorts of high cost testing and approval procedures. I
>> believe it costs over $100 million to gain FDA approval for any new
>> drug. You can be sure Nicorette, Pfizer, and even big tobacco are just
>> hoping to catch them in a quit-smoking claim.

>I googled. Every one I saw touted itself as a quit-smoking aid.

You must have googled some places I don't visit. I checked:

http://www.mysafesmoke.com/index.htm

http://jantyusa.com/index.php?

http://www.e-smokeytreats.com/

http://www.njoythefreedom.com/

http://www.puresmoker.com/default.asp

None of them make claims that their e-cigs are a quit-smoking aid. In
fact Pure Smoker states in their FAQ:

"5. Can Electronic Cigarettes Help Me Quit Smoking?
This is probably the #1 question I get day in, and day out. The short
answer is, an electronic cigarette is NOT advertised/marketed as a
smoking cessation (quitting) device. There have been ZERO studies
done on the success/failure rate of those who choose to try and quit
smoking via electronic cigarettes, therefore, at this time, it is only
being marketing as a traditional tobacco cigarette alternative. Now,
this doesn't mean its impossible to quit. Anything and Everything is
possible, and perhaps there are people out there reading this who have
quit! Some users have even reported having no desire to smoke
traditional tobacco cigarettes after they had adapted to the
electronic cigarette/cigar. In the end, its the user, not the device,
who chooses to quit."

> As a cigarette
>substitute they're incredibly expensive.

You must have visited some truly bizarre sites. When I was a smoker
smoking 2 packs per day at around $8 pack (current legal NYC price for
Marlboro) I'd spend around 30 * 16 or $480 per month.

If I take the last-mentioned site (Pure Smoker) they sell the standard
classic e-cig kit for $49.95 which includes 10 assorted cartridges and
two batteries. The atomizer and wallwart will last essentially
forever; each battery lasts about a month in my experience; and I
change cartridges once per week. I also use e-liquid to refill the
cartridges and one dispenser ($9.99) lasts about a month. New
cartridges would cost $0.69 each if I wanted to use that route.

So let us presume I have to buy a complete new outfit each month (this
would be ridiculous but maybe I'm stupid and keep losing them) the
total cost would be:

Classic set = $49.95
20 extra cartridges (going for the most expensive deal here) = $13.80.

TOTAL cost (OK I'm ignoring shipping which might be an extra $10) =
$63.75 (say $75 including shipping to make it easy). $480 (real cigs)
less $75 (e-cig). I SAVE $405!!!

BIG SAVING over cigarettes!

>Maybe it's possible to buy nicotine bug-killer, saturate a cotton ball and stuff
>it into one of those large straws they use for boba tea...

For those who question the safety of the ingredients see

http://www.healthnz.co.nz/ecigarette.htm

I don't have a US or UK analysis so you'll have to put up with New
Zealand. It looks like a serious study though. If you want a detailed
analysis of the ingredients see the links at the bottom of the page,
particularly:

http://www.healthnz.co.nz/Portland2008ECIG.pdf

You might also look at the e-cig forum at:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/

ecig...@gmail.com

Feb 7, 2009, 11:56:15 AM2/7/09
On Feb 4, 6:16 am, The Real Bev <bashley...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ecign...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Suppliers are being advised not to make cessation claims unless you
> > have the clinical studies to back them up lest you ruin it for all
> > users. Keep e-cigs legal !
>
> I assume there's some sort of law that requires that they be sold as
> quit-smoking aids rather than environmentally-friendly nicotine delivery systems.
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Bev

The good suppliers are listening to consumers how understand the
implications of marketing them as a cessation device. Big Pharma pay
Big Bucks in order to market their products as cessation products.
They are not going to let someone move in on their patch without
paying their dues. Likewise WHO has notified a forum member that they
will be advising suppliers to not make any 'healthier' claims. They
have already issued a release advising suppliers not to market them as
a cessation product. Johnny Law will be eventually around to the
suppliers that do. But that doesn't bother the get rich quick
merchants. Recently a supplier in MN was flamed fairly heavily for
telling forum members that he was to put up a billboard telling Obama
'"Yes you can" quit smoking with the safe-cig' #1. even after a lot of
protest, he would not back down. users worry that actions like his
will incite the authorities to ban the e-cig on a fast horse as
otherwise e-cigs occupy a kind of loophole - nicotine is not illegal
just as caffeine is not illegal. In fact scientists are exploring the
health benefits of nicotine and discovering that it can aid in
treating a range of mental illnesses. That said e-cigs have already
been banned in Australia (nicotine classed as a poison), Mexico
(products that look like cigarettes are banned), Denmark (devices can
be sold but liquid must be imported and not marketed) as well as Iran,
Bahrain, Jordan and are regulated in S.Korea.

#1 http://ecigforum.com/index.php?topic=590.msg4351#msg4351

http://www.e-cignews.com