Backdated Insurance?

Beaver...@live.com

Sep 25, 2015, 11:45:21 AM9/25/15
Yes, this medical insurance issue is still causing me endless grief and anxiety.

About 15 years ago my friend got popped for no proof of automobile insurance. He found some place to sell him a backdated policy to get him out of trouble.

Is there any place out there that sells backdated medical insurance so I can avoid the Obamacare fine?

Bob F

Sep 25, 2015, 4:34:54 PM9/25/15
Do tell us exactly how much your fine will be.

Have you actually looked? Or are you just believing the propaganda about how
much it will cost. you.

Beaver...@live.com

Sep 25, 2015, 4:46:30 PM9/25/15
I haven't done my taxes yet.

So there isn't any penalty for not having insurance in 2015?

wilm...@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2015, 6:13:28 PM9/25/15
The fine is $325 or 2% of income, you cheap bastard. If you got sick you'd be crying, "Oh please Mr. Obama, don't let me die like a dog because I am a cheap assed bastard who rather be at risk than to do the right thing."

Being an American means not only you have freedoms, but it also means you have responsibilities, like being insured.

I don't mind my tax dollars going to help a sick person, but the idea that it goes to help a cheap-assed, Rush Limbaugh believing, hater- well, that just rubs me the wrong way. Do your country a favor and get some insurance.

BigDog811

Sep 25, 2015, 6:16:00 PM9/25/15
Yes there is. See: www.healthcare.gov/fees-exemptions/fee-for-not-being-covered/

Extraordinarily unlikely you'll find a plan that will give a back dated policy.

Bob F

Sep 25, 2015, 6:46:36 PM9/25/15
You have internet access. Why haven't you looked it up?
The penalty is a lot less than the unsubsidized insurance.

Have you applied for Obamacare? Unless you live in one of those right wing
states that refuse to offer their citizens basic health care with provided
federal dollars, the subsidies make it pretty affordable or free for people with
low income.

Beaver...@live.com

Sep 25, 2015, 7:22:07 PM9/25/15
Hey shit for brains, where did I mention Rush Limbaugh?

Beaver...@live.com

Sep 25, 2015, 7:22:42 PM9/25/15
I had insurance, it got cancelled. Oops.

Bob F

Sep 25, 2015, 10:33:14 PM9/25/15
OK. Does that qualify you for an exclusion?

tra...@optonline.net

Sep 26, 2015, 11:14:53 AM9/26/15
You've just experienced the treatment you get from those compassionate,
deep thinking, educated and tolerant liberals. Especially funny that in
this very post he demonstrates what he accuses Limbaugh of doing.
But give them a break, most are still suffering from BDS.

As far as back dating an insurance policy, I've never seen it done.
For the purpose that you describe, ie falsifying it to avoid a
charge of not having auto insurance, it would be a crime. It would
also be a crime to do it in your case.

wilm...@gmail.com

Sep 26, 2015, 6:53:42 PM9/26/15
On Saturday, September 26, 2015 at 8:14:53 AM UTC-7, tra...@optonline.net wrote:
> On Friday, September 25, 2015 at 7:22:07 PM UTC-4, Beaver...@live.com wrote:

> > > The fine is $325 or 2% of income, you cheap bastard. If you got sick you'd be crying, "Oh please Mr. Obama, don't let me die like a dog because I am a cheap assed bastard who rather be at risk than to do the right thing."
> > >
> > > Being an American means not only you have freedoms, but it also means you have responsibilities, like being insured.
> > >
> > > I don't mind my tax dollars going to help a sick person, but the idea that it goes to help a cheap-assed, Rush Limbaugh believing, hater- well, that just rubs me the wrong way. Do your country a favor and get some insurance.
> >
> > Hey shit for brains, where did I mention Rush Limbaugh?
>
> You've just experienced the treatment you get from those compassionate,
> deep thinking, educated and tolerant liberals. Especially funny that in
> this very post he demonstrates what he accuses Limbaugh of doing.
> But give them a break, most are still suffering from BDS.

Bullshit! Same as with people who drive without insurance. Or people who keep pitbulls without homeowner's insurance. Why do we have to subsidize this guys cheapness? He gets to afford an extra case of beer a month and then cries that we need to cover his medical bills because he fell and broke something. No sympathy. Besides freedoms, Americans should expect to shoulder responsibilities.

I'm glad you have taken the side of someone who posted here asking for instructions on how to break the law. Seems we know where your loyalties are, comrade. Or is it Alma'arefah? So hard to keep track these days.

Beaver...@live.com

Sep 26, 2015, 8:24:40 PM9/26/15
I don't drink alcohol.

Gawd, what a dumb fuck.

Beaver...@live.com

Sep 26, 2015, 8:25:10 PM9/26/15
I doubt it

Bob F

Sep 27, 2015, 6:57:45 PM9/27/15
You make this really difficult!

Have you looked?

Until you actually look up the government site and read the way it works, you
really are indicating you don't really want to know the answers to your
question. YOU need to find out what rules really affect YOU. Nobody here knows
exactly your situation.

Get to work.

Beaver...@live.com

Sep 29, 2015, 4:12:12 AM9/29/15
too busy to deal with this shit right now

tra...@optonline.net

Sep 29, 2015, 12:48:25 PM9/29/15
His having insurance or not isn't the issue. Your mean spirited attack
on him calling him a "hater" and dragging Rush Limbaugh into it, is the
behavior I was clearly talking about. How exactly does him not having
insurance make him a hater or have anything to do with Limbaugh. Good grief.

The Real Bev

Sep 29, 2015, 2:54:44 PM9/29/15
We went without medical insurance for over 10 years. Fortunately we're
healthy and could pay for the treatment/surgery we needed -- providers
will cut the price significantly if you can write a check.

I once checked into self-insuring for liability insurance. Numerous
hoops to jump through as well as depositing cash into an account
somewhere. Easier to just pay the insurance company even if you figure
you can afford to write a check for any damage you might cause,
regarding it as a proper penalty for stupidity.

This was back when the simplest trip to the ER was actually affordable,
of course. I wouldn't even think of doing that now.

Being required to have liability insurance was the signal to the
insurance companies that they could raise the premiums as high as they
wanted. The Insurance Commissioner here is NOT on the consumers' side.

--
Cheers, Bev
To define recursion, we must first define recursion.

wilm...@gmail.com

Sep 29, 2015, 3:14:33 PM9/29/15
On Tuesday, September 29, 2015 at 9:48:25 AM UTC-7, tra...@optonline.net wrote:

> His having insurance or not isn't the issue. Your mean spirited attack
> on him calling him a "hater" and dragging Rush Limbaugh into it, is the
> behavior I was clearly talking about. How exactly does him not having
> insurance make him a hater or have anything to do with Limbaugh. Good grief.

Really?

First he says his insurance situation is causing him "endless grief and anxiety". Dog whistle for "Obamacare" critics? You'd think he'd look up what the fines are and how to remedy it, rather than post publicly.

And then he asks how to break the law. As if it is acceptable behavior to break the law, and solicit information on how to best break the law as if that too is acceptable.

But in your PC world we need to treat cheats and scofflaws as delicate humans who we most be careful not offend their sensibilities.

And by the way, Limbaugh has often talked about skirting the insurance mandate of the ACA. Limbaugh and cheating this responsibility is not some stretch of the imagination, it is one of his main talking points. Too many damn AM talk radio educated people.

Beaver...@live.com

Sep 30, 2015, 12:35:15 AM9/30/15
On Tuesday, September 29, 2015 at 12:14:33 PM UTC-7, wilm...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 29, 2015 at 9:48:25 AM UTC-7, tra...@optonline.net wrote:
>

> > His having insurance or not isn't the issue. Your mean spirited attack
> > on him calling him a "hater" and dragging Rush Limbaugh into it, is the
> > behavior I was clearly talking about. How exactly does him not having
> > insurance make him a hater or have anything to do with Limbaugh. Good grief.
>
> Really?
>
> First he says his insurance situation is causing him "endless grief and anxiety". Dog whistle for "Obamacare" critics? You'd think he'd look up what the fines are and how to remedy it, rather than post publicly.

Every time I try to look something up I fall into the rabbit hole.

And of course I am a fucking critic. This law sucks.

> And then he asks how to break the law. As if it is acceptable behavior to break the law, and solicit information on how to best break the law as if that too is acceptable.

I wasn't aware this was against the law. Pay the insurance company for a policy. They get their money without actually paying out any benefits and I get the proof I had a policy.

> But in your PC world we need to treat cheats and scofflaws as delicate humans who we most be careful not offend their sensibilities.
>
> And by the way, Limbaugh has often talked about skirting the insurance mandate of the ACA. Limbaugh and cheating this responsibility is not some stretch of the imagination, it is one of his main talking points. Too many damn AM talk radio educated people.

You listen to Rush Limbaugh? My radio has never even been on AM. I don't listen to commercial radio at all.

So if I tune in he can help get me out of this mess?

I am too busy working two jobs to take the time to educate myself on anything right now but of course the government is under no obligation to respect anyone's time when passing these ridiculous laws.

Beaver...@live.com

Sep 30, 2015, 1:00:40 AM9/30/15
For realz? I haven't been to the doctor since the early 1990's. I am thinking of getting my right ear looked at and would just pay cash for good work. I know what doctor I want to see, don't want to just get bumped to whoever the insurance company sends me to, if this is even covered.

I had insurance for a few months earlier this year before it fell apart.

Covered California and the insurance have been absolutely awful to deal with and this is with me not ever actually needing to use it for anything. Imagine if I ever do get sick...

There are a lot of other complications that I never anticipated even a little more than a year ago when this all became mandatory that I really gotta figure out how to deal with.

What I also really need is a financial advisor but I don't want to pay for one because I am not used to having money and I feel like it's all going to go away.

Of course what always worries me more than getting sick is getting priced out of my home. Then what good is medical insurance going to do me?

wilm...@gmail.com

Sep 30, 2015, 10:41:31 AM9/30/15
On Tuesday, September 29, 2015 at 10:00:40 PM UTC-7, Beaver...@live.com wrote:

> Of course what always worries me more than getting sick is getting priced out of my home. Then what good is medical insurance going to do me?

If you have insurance, you probably won't be priced out of your home. If you don't have insurance, you will get priced out of your home. Easy.

Let's try another.

If you have insurance, the doctor will see you in three weeks. If you don't have insurance, the doctor might not be taking any new patients, and besides you'll have to have the funds to pay for all services at that time they are rendered. No more putting it on a tab and settling later.

The purpose of health insurance is to keep people healthy. You get insurance and you get one free colonoscopy (part of the ACA). They figure it is so important, that so much money would be saved if everyone got a colonoscopy, that they give it away! Part of keeping you healthy.

Beaver...@live.com

Sep 30, 2015, 11:08:19 AM9/30/15
On Wednesday, September 30, 2015 at 7:41:31 AM UTC-7, wilm...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 29, 2015 at 10:00:40 PM UTC-7, Beaver...@live.com wrote:
>

> > Of course what always worries me more than getting sick is getting priced out of my home. Then what good is medical insurance going to do me?
>

> If you have insurance, you probably won't be priced out of your home. If you don't have insurance, you will get priced out of your home. Easy.

I am in danger of being priced out of my home because housing is really expensive. Gawd, yer fucking dumb.

I also REALLY need to go to the dentist.

> Let's try another.
>
> If you have insurance, the doctor will see you in three weeks. If you don't have insurance, the doctor might not be taking any new patients, and besides you'll have to have the funds to pay for all services at that time they are rendered. No more putting it on a tab and settling later.
>
> The purpose of health insurance is to keep people healthy. You get insurance and you get one free colonoscopy (part of the ACA). They figure it is so important, that so much money would be saved if everyone got a colonoscopy, that they give it away! Part of keeping you healthy.

Like I have time for that too

wilm...@gmail.com

Sep 30, 2015, 11:22:58 AM9/30/15
On Wednesday, September 30, 2015 at 8:08:19 AM UTC-7, Beaver...@live.com wrote:

> Like I have time for that too

Seems you have some real problems, there. Work all the time and yet can't afford a place to live and proper medical insurance. Man, you are either in the wrong field or being taken advantage of. One of your problems, as I can see, is you're looking to cut corners, try to get over. Back-dated insurance, indeed! Try to do honest work and demand a living wage. If you aren't making a living wage, medical insurance will be very affordable for you.

Beaver...@live.com

Sep 30, 2015, 12:53:44 PM9/30/15
I live in Los Angeles Metro area. Common problem for a lot of people across all income levels here. No, I am not moving to Victorville.

And when did I say I can't afford insurance? I said I didn't have insurance this year and now I don't wanna pay the fuckin' fine. Actually I don't even know if I will be able to afford insurance in 2016. We'll find out I guess.

And for the record, job #2 is working for myself the last year which is totally fucken awesome, but it's inconsisent and not enough to live off on it's own. And I only do it when I feel like it.

wilm...@gmail.com

Oct 1, 2015, 12:56:30 AM10/1/15
On Wednesday, September 30, 2015 at 9:53:44 AM UTC-7, Beaver...@live.com wrote:

> And when did I say I can't afford insurance? I said...

I don't care what you said. You are a cheat who has no qualms putting your cheapness before your duty as a citizen, I'm not going to help you. I wrote what I wanted to write about, with very little concern for your self imposed situation. Do the right thing, every time and you'll never have to worry about cutting corners.

Beaver...@live.com

Oct 1, 2015, 3:06:36 AM10/1/15
This thing is already falling apart, leaving duty bound citizens only wanting to do the right thing high and dry

http://wskgnews.org/post/new-york-health-co-op-shut-down-state-federal-regulators