Is God having fun watching us suffer?

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the prophet of the deep jungle

Jan 23, 2011, 11:09:10 AM1/23/11
This is no admission there's a God just a deep insight into the
psychology of the character, so to speak. Then let's assume there's a
God that could stop suffering, but he keeps himself amused watching us
suffer. The reasoning goes like this:

We suffer, we pray to God and he feels important. Not that he will do
a thing about it, but he is entertained the way we enjoy a terror
movie. Sick as it may be many people do.

This is the type of God that is running the world and we are providing
a sort of 'reality show,' where all kinds of bad things happen in
order to keep the ratings up.

Who would keep the ratings of religion high if people were happy? I
just wonder, you know.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the prophet of the deep jungle

Jan 23, 2011, 1:09:49 PM1/23/11
On Jan 23, 1:25 am, Kadaitcha Man
<bony.russian.spurt...@alt.sex.ads.affectionate.breasts> wrote:
> [...]

> Many a true word is spoken in jest.
>
> As Xan Du asked last week... Are we the rats in a maze of a proto-God
> writing its master's thesis?
>
> My response was 'possibly', and I added that the subject of the
> proto-God's thesis was likely to be its very self.
>
> It's not absurd to think of ourselves as being rats in a cosmic maze or
> playing ourselves in a cosmic reality show, or even being actors in a
> cosmic pantomime all playing our assigned roles on the stage of life.
>
> I suspect, though do not necessarily believe, that the latter is true,
> that we may be actors in a cosmic pantomime all playing our assigned
> roles on the stage of life.

> > Who would keep the ratings of religion high if people were happy? I
> > just wonder, you know.
>
> If quantum mechanics has any credence then the ratings of orthodox
> religion (Christianity, Judaism and Islam) are going to drop through the
> floor and never stop falling. Ever. It is possible that contemporary
> science is leading the way to a new religion based on the scientific
> principles of QM.
>
> I speculate that the new religion will be fundamentally based on
> mystical, Buddhist and Hindu principles, which, at first glance, seem to
> be somewhat in accord with QM. The problem is man will do what man has
> been wont to do for most of history - invent all sorts of bullshit
> ceremonies, incantations, proscriptions, love feasts and ways to make
> lots of money out of it.
>
> Explaining your idea of us being in a reality show isn't difficult either:
>
> QM requires an underlying sea of unbounded consciousness (nonlocality)
> otherwise it isn't possible to even formulate the laws of QM. We are,
> apparently, a part of the one underlying consciousness, and not separate
> from it.
>
> Our idea of individuality and our feelings of separateness from the
> world around us arise from a combined illusion created by our senses,
> which creates the feeling of separateness from the physical world, and a
> quantum system called a tangled hierarchy, which creates the illusion in
> our heads of individualised self-reference... the "I" of each of us.
>
> So, if the above explanation is assumed to be true for the sake of
> discussion only, the question is begged, what of the purpose of life?
>
> The QM sea of consciousness is learning, and if we are one with it, not
> separate from it, then our purpose in life is to learn too. Enter, stage
> right, Xan's idea of a proto-God.
>
> From one perspective it's as wacky as all fuck, but from another
> perspective it makes sense when viewed in the light of modern physics,
> not 300yr old, now falsified, Newtonian physics.
>
> It makes sense, but to be honest, unless quantum mechanics provides more
> proof, I'll drag myself kicking and screaming across the burning sands
> of the Sahara desert before I'll believe that the quantum theory of
> consciousness is properly describing reality.

You have left me a little confused by such quantum theory, and I think
even Einstein would have been so, even when he sometimes toyed with
crazy ideas.

Anyway, I think the whole thing is about THE RATINGS, and we must take
into account the we need to move beyond the physical realm and create
CHARACTERS, as fictitious as they may be. We need, as any epic drama
out there, GOOD GUYS & BAD GUYS as well as a good dose of fantasy.

The JUNGLE provides all those elements and more. It's also sensual
(what straight man doesn't want to enter the jungle of a young woman)
and provides all the mysticism of the Free Spirits of the Jungle, who
may be people like Mark Twain or Bob Marley.

We are fighting the evil King of the Jungle who wants to control the
monkey (and the money), but the monkey is teasing the lion until the
lion realizes he's dumb and changes the jungle to make the monkey
happy. Our motto could simply be, 'HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY,' which
expresses an essential need of all monkeys to monkey around. (This
translates into, for example, riding a "monkey bike" without being
terrorized.)

So QUANTUM MECHANICS VS. WISDOM OF THE JUNGLE. We need to test those
ideas in the real world, but I tell you ladies like the monkey with
the banana while the guys want the idea of entering the jungle, if you
know what I mean.

I leave here you with a Free Spirit...

(by the way, a good thing going for the JUNGLE THEORY OF THINGS is
that it's OK to smoke pot)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LanCLS_hIo4

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the prophet of the deep jungle

Jan 23, 2011, 10:16:37 PM1/23/11
On Jan 23, 9:45 pm, Duke of Omnium <duke.of.omn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 23, 9:24 pm, G Chris <chrisgle...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Let's suppose God had us all in a cage in a sterile lab and kept us
> > from all harm while carefully and continuously saving us from the
> > consequences of our own stupidity as we went merrily along doing
> > whatever the heck we wanted. Sound like an attractive existence? What
> > would that make us? Pets.
> > But, we're not pets, God created us as free beings, and lets us take
> > our take our lumps as we stumble our way through life. He gave us big
> > brains, reason and rationality, and His Law; what more could a
> > 'father' do for his children; we rejected Him, after all.
>
> Don't project. Just because you rejected your god-thingy doesn't mean
> the rest of us did. After all, your god-thingy never actually shows
> up, so we didn't even have an opportunity to reject him.
>
> A "father" who never shows up. Gee. I hope you don't have kids
> yourself, if that's your idea of good parenting.

Oh God, you sure make me laugh. We were riding bikes today and thought
of being protected by God where we fell off the bike and we would be
suspended in the air by his power.

Is that the way it is in Heaven? Don't tell me there's no bikes in
Heaven, please.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the prophet of the deep jungle

Jan 24, 2011, 8:54:09 AM1/24/11
If anyone knows Taiwan is better it's the cyclists, right? They still
make the best bikes in the East as well as the best scooters along
with Korea. I hope you know it's not N. Korea. ;)

On Jan 24, 7:53 am, "Benway (original non-Zionist)"
<captai...@mailpuppy.com> wrote:
> fasgnadh wrote:

> > "How can you make a revolution without firing squads?"
> > - Lenin
>
> > http://www.atheistnexus.org/photo/2182797:Photo:17475?context=latest
>
> > http://www.c96trading.com/Nagant_NKVD_300h.jpg
>
> >http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01001/Tsar-fa...
>
> ************************************
>
> You are seriously ill. For Christ's sake,
> seek professional help very soon!
>
> ***************************

He's paranoid about communism and then all Christians go to Walmart to
buy "made in China." At least they should try "made in Taiwan." ;)

By the way, Taiwan has one of the best universal healthcares in the
world, which they implemented recently --probably because they don't
have dumb Christians slowing down progress.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the prophet of the deep jungle

Jan 24, 2011, 9:44:51 AM1/24/11
On Jan 24, 9:33 am, Steve <stevencan...@yahooooo.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 08:07:53 -0800 (PST), "His Highness the
> TibetanMonkey, the mundane prophet of the last days before the end of
>
> times" <comandante.ban...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >This is no admission there's a God just a deep insight into the

> >psychology of the character, so to speak. Then let's assume there's a
> >God that could stop suffering, but he keeps himself amused watching us
> >suffer.
>
> The desire to not suffer is one reason that man has improved his
> situation.. Of course there are always individuals that prefer to sit
> and watch others make the improvements and then whimper and whine
> about their suffering... we call those individuals "leftists."

Still others watch the Progress of other nations, old and new alike,
such as Holland or Taiwan, and wonder why we are still suffering that
much in America...

Suffering to ride a bicycle or scooter, or suffering to access
healthcare.

These are neither left or right, just WISE PEOPLE.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the prophet of the deep jungle

Jan 25, 2011, 9:31:54 AM1/25/11
On Jan 25, 5:51 am, Steve <stevencan...@yahooooo.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 18:18:53 -0800 (PST), "His Highness the

> TibetanMonkey, the mundane prophet of the last days before the end of
>

> times" <comandante.ban...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >On Jan 24, 4:06 pm, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the mundane

> >prophet of the last days before the end of times"
> ><comandante.ban...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> >> Oh sorry, I thought they were pedal bikes. Maybe some are.
>
> >> I don't have a place to put them and my last trike rusted out.

> >> My revolution will be put on hold when I find plenty of trails to
> >> ride. Definitely will check those out.
>
> >I guess someone has to die for something to get accomplished. Most of
> >the time though people simply die and nobody cares. Not this time
> >though...
>
> >"In 1983, a man whose son was killed while riding his bike helped form
> >the Pinellas County Metropolitan Planning Organizations Bicycle
> >Advisory Committee. This committee, in conjunction with the Pedestrian
> >Safety Committee, wanted a safe place to enjoy cycling, hiking or
> >jogging. At the same time, Pinellas County officials had the problem
> >of what to do with a 34 mile (55 km) corridor of abandoned CSX
> >Transportation right-of-way."
>
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinellas_Trail
>
> >It mentions crime, is that a problem there?
>
> ...over in Tampa and down in St Pete.. but probably not as bad as in
> Miami. Where I am isn't too bad but it's not like when I was up in
> Montana years ago and we didn't even have a lock on the door...

You need someone tough to clear the path first... ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo0s9hC3F1M

Just because the authorities don't care. Right here we got a path for
"la creme de la creme" and "la merde de la merde" is also sitting by
watching for predation. And they pay two security guys to do shit and
idle by with no guns. Like I said, we need some tough enforcement or
cowboy superheroes.