Do retailers honor posted prices when they don't understand the differences between $0.99 and .99¢ and $.099? Yes!

Savvy Consumer

Apr 27, 2011, 10:26:54 AM4/27/11
Two large signs in Target advertising "Price Cut Large Eggs $.099 a
Dozen." I pointed out the apparent error to an associate who actually
understood that the sign was incorrect but just shrugged in amusement.
I suppose I should have loaded my cart with 10 cartons of eggs and
paid $0.99, but I didn't. However I couldn't resist trying it with one
carton. It rang up at $0.99 and after a short conversation with the
cashier I went and got the sign off the egg area. The manager, who was
standing nearby, told her 'we have to sell it to him at that price.'
They rounded it down to 9¢.

I recall once buying some soda which was posted as 4 for $3 and it
rang up as 3 for $4, and they honored the posted price without any
hassle, but in that case it was not obvious that the posted price was
wrong.