Best Skype handset?

m...@privacy.net

Feb 27, 2010, 2:05:12 PM2/27/10
I want to start using Skype for calls from home and
hotspots and use prepaid cell only when out of
hotspots.

Anyone recommend a good handset for Skype use?

terrable

Feb 27, 2010, 2:29:33 PM2/27/10

<m...@privacy.net> wrote in message

You will get much better responses asking about a "headset" for Skype.

I use an Adrenaline Multimedia headset that I got at a discount store for
$6.99. Works just fine for me.

m...@privacy.net

Feb 27, 2010, 2:39:24 PM2/27/10
"terrable" <terr...@terrable.net> wrote:

>You will get much better responses asking about a "headset" for Skype.

not what I want

want a handset.... like a cell phone

terrable

Feb 27, 2010, 2:43:00 PM2/27/10

<m...@privacy.net> wrote in message

Sorry, my mistake. Modern technology has once again passed me by and left me
in the dustbin of history.

Rod Speed

Feb 27, 2010, 3:11:43 PM2/27/10
m...@privacy.net wrote:

> I want to start using Skype for calls from home and
> hotspots and use prepaid cell only when out of hotspots.

I use voip instead.

> Anyone recommend a good handset for Skype use?

Some cellphones have built in voip support, like the Nokia N95 and N97 and E65

Very convenient to use, you can make a voip call when the
hotspot is available and just select a normal call when its not.

At home I use an ATA which allows you to use a normal cordless phone for voip calls.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analog_telephony_adapter

m...@privacy.net

Feb 27, 2010, 6:00:38 PM2/27/10
"Rod Speed" <rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Some cellphones have built in voip support, like the Nokia N95 and N97 and E65
>
>Very convenient to use, you can make a voip call when the
>hotspot is available and just select a normal call when its not.

Yeah I should have bought the Nokia E65 when it was on
deep sale... but didn't. I will check around and see
if any sales tho

m...@privacy.net

Feb 27, 2010, 6:01:13 PM2/27/10
"Rod Speed" <rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I want to start using Skype for calls from home and
>> hotspots and use prepaid cell only when out of hotspots.
>
>I use voip instead.

Skype is voip..... no?

Rick

Feb 27, 2010, 7:28:33 PM2/27/10

Yes.

Check RadioShack for a headset with mic and headphones.

Rod Speed

Feb 27, 2010, 10:22:33 PM2/27/10
m...@privacy.net wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote

>> I use voip instead.

> Skype is voip..... no?

Yes, but real voip isnt proprietary so you can change VSPs, and
have mulitple VSPs as well. The VSP is the voip service provider.

I have two VSPs, neither of which charges any monthly fee,
so if one is having a glitch, its trivial to use the other etc.

sf

Mar 4, 2010, 9:19:58 PM3/4/10

Rick is looking for a USB phone.

--