Calling cards with GOOD sound quality

fb3003

Jul 23, 2003, 1:51:22 AM7/23/03
What card do you guys suggest to call from US to Canada - I care more
about a good sound quality than cheap rates. Does Costco-MCI calling
card has a good sound quality??

I have tried bigzoo and the sound quality is very poor.

Halcitron

Jul 23, 2003, 5:19:56 AM7/23/03
>From: fb3...@hotpop.com (fb3003)
>Newsgroups: misc.consumers, misc.consumers.frugal-living
>Date: 22 Jul 2003 22:51:22 -0700

try a different phone.

caveat lector

Halcitron misc.survivalism
Check your six and know when to duck.
NRA Member since 2002
The Law of the Land, is the weapon in your hand.

Smith & Wesson starts where the Bill of Rights stop.

a@b.c

Jul 23, 2003, 8:48:06 AM7/23/03
Andrew White wrote:

> I've been using AT&T card from
> Sam's Club for the last couple year and I know there's nothing out
> there that can provide better quality. The rate in the US is about 3
> cents a minute, I think, but I mostly call Internationally.

Sounds great. Does it have any fees in additional to the per-minute rate
(e.g. connection fee, monthly fee)?

Bob

Jul 23, 2003, 8:56:24 AM7/23/03

<a@b.c> wrote in message news:3F1E8406.4A7EC9DB@b.c...

Pay phone surcharge. It does not have an expiration date like the Costco
card.

Bob

rAD

Jul 23, 2003, 10:53:08 AM7/23/03

"Andrew White" <nosp...@allowed.at.all.net> wrote in message

> fb3...@hotpop.com (fb3003) wrote:
>
> >What card do you guys suggest to call from US to Canada - I care more
> >about a good sound quality than cheap rates. Does Costco-MCI calling
> >card has a good sound quality??
>
> Probably, but I've never tried it. I've been using AT&T card from

> Sam's Club for the last couple year and I know there's nothing out
> there that can provide better quality. The rate in the US is about 3
> cents a minute, I think, but I mostly call Internationally.

3.47 cents....very good quality....never expires. I use one as a backup to
Onesuite....iffy

Manoj Nair

Jul 23, 2003, 11:08:26 AM7/23/03
fb3...@hotpop.com (fb3003) wrote in message news:<b9e22e5b.03072...@posting.google.com>...

Try www.reliablecom.com. For me it works fine.

Steve

Jul 23, 2003, 11:08:54 AM7/23/03
"rAD" <bl...@blow.com> wrote:
>3.47 cents....very good quality....never expires. I use one as a backup to
>Onesuite....iffy

I've been using OneSuite for a long time, never had any reception
problems.

a@b.c

Jul 23, 2003, 11:18:49 AM7/23/03

Forgot to ask, what is the rate to Canada?

Sewmaster

Jul 23, 2003, 10:44:58 PM7/23/03
fb3003 wrote:

> What card do you guys suggest to call from US to Canada - I care more
> about a good sound quality than cheap rates. Does Costco-MCI calling
> card has a good sound quality??

IME, yes. I've never had a problem.

Sewmaster

Ray

Jul 23, 2003, 11:01:38 PM7/23/03
Try this page for starts. They are some of the best calling cards around. My family uses them.

--
Ray

Need a cell phone, fast internet service, computers, or to register a domain name?
Visit:
http://LD.net/?obtech

Create your own biz and have it up and running in less than two hours:
http://www.virtualheavenwebcenter.com

Bob

Jul 24, 2003, 2:41:15 PM7/24/03

"rAD" <bl...@blow.com> wrote in message

> 3.47 cents....very good quality....never expires. I use one as a backup to
> Onesuite....iffy

Sam's club AT&T card are just under 3 cents/minute now.

Bob

Bob

Jul 24, 2003, 2:43:59 PM7/24/03

"Ray" <rayj...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

Try this page for starts. They are some of the best calling cards around. My
family uses them.

None of them are even close to Sam's prices.

Bob

Ben

Jul 24, 2003, 3:23:37 PM7/24/03

Does Sam's have its calling rates online somewhere?

Thanks,
Ben

--
BTW. I can be contacted at Username:newsgroup4.replies.benaltw
Domain:xoxy.net

Steve

Jul 24, 2003, 4:34:49 PM7/24/03
Ben <ab...@efg.com> wrote:
>Does Sam's have its calling rates online somewhere?

http://tinyurl.com/hyml

I think it's cheaper in their stores.

Ben

Jul 25, 2003, 8:35:13 AM7/25/03

Unfortunately, I get this from the link you posted:

====================
Sorry, your session has expired.

To maximize the security of your account, you will be logged off if you
are inactive for an extended period of time.

You will also get this message if you bookmark a page inside samsclub.com.

You can begin a new session by going to our home page. If you had items
in your cart you will need to re-add them.
===================

I checked out samsclub.com and the closest thing I could find to rates
was this http://tinyurl.com/i0wm but that is only for calling state to
state I presume.

Ben

Jul 25, 2003, 9:07:27 AM7/25/03
Andrew White wrote:
[the idiots comment has been deleted]

Please don't top post.

How am I supposed to post my replies in a newsgroup?
http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?How_to_post

regards,
Ben

Steve

Jul 25, 2003, 10:36:52 AM7/25/03
Ben <ab...@efg.com> wrote:

>Steve wrote:
>>>Does Sam's have its calling rates online somewhere?
>> http://tinyurl.com/hyml
>> I think it's cheaper in their stores.
>
>Unfortunately, I get this from the link you posted:
>Sorry, your session has expired.

Hmmm, wonder why. Anyway, I think it was 3.5 cents or so online, but
it's under 3 cents in their stores.

Ben

Jul 25, 2003, 10:50:12 AM7/25/03
Steve wrote:
> Hmmm, wonder why. Anyway, I think it was 3.5 cents or so online, but
> it's under 3 cents in their stores.

Because he is a newbe who can't check our headers to confirm that we are
different people. Does "Cox Communications Inc." have an abuse policy?

Just what we need here is some spoiled brat newbe kid using his parent's
computer without their permission. Perhaps he can ask his mommy to teach
him some manners.

regards,

Steve

Jul 25, 2003, 11:07:17 AM7/25/03
Andrew White <nosp...@allowed.at.all.net> wrote:
>I hope you die a horrible death, you fucking self-following-up
>spammer.

Whoa, Andrew, you having a bad hair day or sumpthin?

Ben

Jul 25, 2003, 11:21:32 AM7/25/03
Steve wrote:
> Whoa, Andrew, you having a bad hair day or sumpthin?

BTW. apologies. My response to your other post, should have been placed
here as it was directed at "Andrew".

regards,

Steve

Jul 25, 2003, 11:42:32 AM7/25/03
Ben <ab...@efg.com> wrote:
>> Whoa, Andrew, you having a bad hair day or sumpthin?
>
>BTW. apologies. My response to your other post, should have been placed
>here as it was directed at "Andrew".

Thanks Ben, took me a minute, but then I caught on. :)

Ray Normandeau

Jul 25, 2003, 12:30:01 PM7/25/03
fb3...@hotpop.com (fb3003) wrote in message news:<b9e22e5b.03072...@posting.google.com>...

Canada 2.5-3.5 CPM

local access # = 2.5
800# access # = 3.5

https://www.onesuite.com/ Promotion Code 034720367

rAD

Jul 25, 2003, 6:28:51 PM7/25/03

"Bob" <bobno...@softhome.net> wrote in message

web site says 3.47

Steve

Jul 25, 2003, 6:47:39 PM7/25/03
"rAD" <bl...@blow.org> wrote:
>> Sam's club AT&T card are just under 3 cents/minute now.

>web site says 3.47

Yeah, for some reason they charge more online than in their stores.

Ray

Jul 25, 2003, 7:00:03 PM7/25/03
My question exactly. That is why I put this page here. There are a lot of
things that Sam's and Costco offer cheaper, but you can't get them online
unless you are a paid member.

--
Ray

Need a cell phone, fast internet service, computers, or to register a domain
name?
Visit:
http://LD.net/?obtech

Create your own biz and have it up and running in less than two hours:
http://www.virtualheavenwebcenter.com

"Ben" <ab...@efg.com> wrote in message

Bob

Jul 26, 2003, 3:10:55 AM7/26/03

"Steve" <a...@b.inv> wrote in message

That was the previous price at the stores. Maybe they haven't updated the
website.

Bob

rAD

Jul 26, 2003, 4:01:41 PM7/26/03

"Bob" <bobno...@softhome.net> wrote in message

Also, they now have the option to auto refill when time drops to 2 minutes.
Might be better than Onesuite now. You do have to enter your pin tho. You
could add it to a speed-dial button or add pauses and then the pin and do it
with one button, assuming they always pick up fast, which they seem to do.

Steve

Jul 26, 2003, 4:20:46 PM7/26/03
"rAD" <bl...@blow.com> wrote:
>Also, they now have the option to auto refill when time drops to 2 minutes.
>Might be better than Onesuite now. You do have to enter your pin tho. You
>could add it to a speed-dial button or add pauses and then the pin and do it
>with one button, assuming they always pick up fast, which they seem to do.

OnsSuite is 2.5 cents direct dial, no PIN necessary, guess I'll stay
there for now...

Ben

Jul 26, 2003, 11:28:12 PM7/26/03
Andrew White wrote:

> Ben <ab...@efg.com> wrote:
>
>> Just what we need here is some spoiled brat newbe kid using his
>> parent's computer without their permission. Perhaps he can ask his
>> mommy to teach him some manners.
>
> Ben, you'll see my apologies for previous comment in a separate
> e-mail, but here's my reply to the above comment: you come off as a
> really stupid person. There are several standard really dumb replies
> that I've seen over the last decade of reading Usenet:
>
> 1. Just what we need here is some spoiled brat newbie kid using his

> parent's computer without their permission. Perhaps he can ask his
> mommy to teach him some manners.

I recommend you rereading your own posts because they top them all. But as a
computer person I usually start counting at zero, so I'll help you out right
now:

0. here's my reply to the above comment: you come off as a really stupid
person. There are several standard really dumb replies that I've seen over
the last decade of reading Usenet:

And 0 is what it is worth. But your apology is accepted.

regards,
Ben

Rich Greenberg

Jul 30, 2003, 7:36:24 AM7/30/03
In article <3F26B799...@REMOVETHIS2REPLYteleport.com>,
David Zeit <dave...@REMOVETHIS2REPLYteleport.com> wrote:
>x-no-archive: yes
>
>Costco cards are fine by me. I note no difference in sound over a local
>call. And at 3 cents a minute the price can't be beat. And why is AT&T
>so high? The lines are in, every thing is automated. When I use a call
>around card I use those same lines.

Because they can.

People who know what they are doing get the 3 cent rate. People who
have used AT&T forever and don't know the LD world has changed pay much
more.

--
Rich Greenberg Work: Rich.Greenberg atsign worldspan.com + 1 770 563 6656
N6LRT Marietta, GA, USA Play: richgr atsign panix.com + 1 770 321 6507

Karen Wheless

Jul 30, 2003, 12:20:07 PM7/30/03
> People who know what they are doing get the 3 cent rate. People who
> have used AT&T forever and don't know the LD world has changed pay much
> more.

A few months ago, I converted my Dad to Onesuite, and he cancelled his
MCI long distance. The guy on the phone asked him how much he was
paying for long distance under his new plan, and he told him "3 cents a
minute". (Actually 2.9, since he has no local number.) The MCI
salesman told him "That's absolutely impossible, there's no long
distance company that charges that low a price." My Dad just laughed
and hung up.

But when someone who works for a long distance company doesn't know the
costs of their competitors!

I wish that some "regular" company would start offering the same rates
as Onesuite, because I really miss Caller ID information. Everyone who
calls me now uses Onesuite, so I have no idea if it's Dad or annoying
Aunt Ida who is on the phone. But for this price, I'll give it up.

Karen

frinz...@gmail.com

Feb 7, 2015, 7:01:05 AM2/7/15
I think you should try
https://www.frinzo.com
This company provide very good Voice quality of calling card i am using it's service since 3 month it make communication more easy with this voice of person on side is clearly audible.

frinz...@gmail.com

Feb 7, 2015, 7:07:45 AM2/7/15
Hello!
You ca try
https://www.frinzo.com
Frinzo provides very good quality calling card services. I am using it's service since 3 months with make my connectivity more easy the voice of person from other side is clearly audible.

ItsJoan NotJoann

Feb 7, 2015, 7:29:57 PM2/7/15
On Saturday, February 7, 2015 at 6:07:45 AM UTC-6, frinz...@gmail.com wrote:

> Hello!
> You can spam me here as I am also a spammer:

frinz...@gmail.com

frinz...@gmail.com

frinz...@gmail.com

frinz...@gmail.com

frinz...@gmail.com

frinz...@gmail.com

frinz...@gmail.com

frinz...@gmail.com

ItsJoan NotJoann

Feb 7, 2015, 7:31:20 PM2/7/15
Message has been deleted

Bob F

Feb 25, 2015, 12:52:44 PM2/25/15
utter...@gmail.com wrote:
> I am using https://www.utteru.com services it offers amazing calling
> cards sound quality when i call international there is no
> interruption come in our way.

You are a low-life SPAMMER SPAMMING your own product.

The Real Bev

Feb 25, 2015, 3:59:15 PM2/25/15
I had already put utteru in my killfile. Thanks for making it ineffective.

--
Cheers, Bev
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock

Bob F

Feb 25, 2015, 10:24:01 PM2/25/15
The Real Bev wrote:
> On 02/25/2015 09:52 AM, Bob F wrote:
>> utter...@gmail.com wrote:
>>> I am using https://www.utteru.com services it offers amazing calling
>>> cards sound quality when i call international there is no
>>> interruption come in our way.
>>
>> You are a low-life SPAMMER SPAMMING your own product.
>
> I had already put utteru in my killfile. Thanks for making it
> ineffective.

You're welcome.