Prof. predicts USA collapse in 2010

hp...@lycos.com

Dec 30, 2008, 6:04:10 AM12/30/08
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123051100709638419.html

Mass immigration, economic decay, social chaos, to lead way downward.

mitch

ahedge

Dec 30, 2008, 7:13:31 AM12/30/08

<hp...@lycos.com> wrote in message

> http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123051100709638419.html
>
> Mass immigration, economic decay, social chaos, to lead way downward.
>
> mitch
The WSJ will collapse even before that, if they keep giving space to all the
natsos in the world. Oh well, they are not alone ...

Ruud66

Dec 30, 2008, 10:52:48 AM12/30/08

<hp...@lycos.com> wrote in message
> http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123051100709638419.html
>
> Mass immigration, economic decay, social chaos, to lead way downward.

Dear god what a moron. The east of the US will go to the EU? What planet is
he from. The EU is still strong at the moment despite countries like Romania
and Poland who got on board. The main issue would be that Europe derives its
strength from it's high level of secundary education and staunch adherence
to regulation. Russia itself could be a prime target for getting on board
with Europe.

Christopher Helms

Dec 30, 2008, 12:26:44 PM12/30/08

We'll see. I don't know how anybody can *know* that America is going
to break apart like that, but if we keep spending ourselves silly,
printing money to cover our bloated expenditures and borrowing from
everybody on the planet while encouraging our manufacturing base to
get the hell out of Dodge, it's a sure bet that at some point
something is going to snap.

Leslie

Dec 30, 2008, 5:38:39 PM12/30/08

>"There's a 55-45% chance right now that disintegration will occur," he says.
>"One could rejoice in that process," he adds, poker-faced. "But if we're
>talking reasonably, it's not the best scenario -- for Russia."
>Though Russia would become more powerful on the global stage, he says, its
>economy would suffer because it currently depends heavily on the dollar and
>on trade with the U.S.

>Mr. Panarin posits, in brief, that mass immigration, economic decline, and
>moral degradation will trigger a civil war next fall and the collapse of the
>dollar. Around the end of June 2010, or early July, he says, the U.S. will
>break into six pieces -- with Alaska reverting to Russian control....."

I'd say he may well be right about everything except breaking into six
pieces. We would need six regional leaders for that to happen and I can't
think of a single one.

RichA

Dec 30, 2008, 5:32:10 PM12/30/08
"Ruud66" <ruu...@gmail.com> wrote in

> <hp...@lycos.com> wrote in message
> ..
>> http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123051100709638419.html
>>
>> Mass immigration, economic decay, social chaos, to lead way downward.
>
> Dear god what a moron. The east of the US will go to the EU? What
> planet is he from. The EU is still strong at the moment despite
> countries like Romania and Poland who got on board. The main issue
> would be that Europe derives its strength from it's high level of
> secundary education and staunch adherence to regulation.

The U.S. will have to go downhill a LONG way before its people's standard
of living is as bad as that in Europe. 1/2 the average wage rate and 2x
the prices for common goods. Who in their right minds wants that?

Fake ID

Dec 31, 2008, 1:38:34 AM12/31/08
In article <7b1bef32-8c87-4542...@v15g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>,

<hp...@lycos.com> wrote:
>http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123051100709638419.html
>
>Mass immigration, economic decay, social chaos, to lead way downward.

It says he's been predicting America's collapse for a decade.
Eventually he will be right. No empire lasts for ever. It can be fun
to speculate on how this one will end.

For reasons I don't recall I recently read what wikipedia had to say about
the Alaska purchase. The world just doesn't see big real estate deals
like thay anymore. Anyway, the Russians sold to the US because they
thought they might lose it to Britain. The next sale might be similar.
Prospective owners include Russia, flush with petrol euros and as a
point of pride; and China who will foreclose after the US Treasury
defaults on bond payments. Forseeing the inevitable, the US will try to
find a friendlier alternative, Canada or the EU. Whoever it is, the new
owner will get a pristine oil field, preserved by econazis who
preventing any drilling in ANWR. But, like all oil fields, someone will
eventually drill it, just that it might be a different country by then.

Tom Friedman also has some dire thoughts on the future.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/24/opinion/24friedman.html?_r=1
Some TV show, Extreme Engineering, I think, discussed that new Hong Kong
airport Friedman flew out of. They took three islands and bulldozed
them into a single flat one for the airport. A project like that in the
USA today would be skuttled by all the protests and lawsuits.

Message has been deleted

Nicik Name

Jan 1, 2009, 12:23:43 AM1/1/09

"Fake ID" <no-...@sonic.net> wrote in message

> In article
> <7b1bef32-8c87-4542...@v15g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>,
> <hp...@lycos.com> wrote:
>>http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123051100709638419.html
>>
>>Mass immigration, economic decay, social chaos, to lead way downward.
>
> It says he's been predicting America's collapse for a decade.
> Eventually he will be right. No empire lasts for ever. It can be fun
> to speculate on how this one will end.
KGB at work here girls.............
Get your head out of your ass

nys999

Jan 1, 2009, 12:54:07 PM1/1/09
Blackwater <b...@barrk.net> wrote in news:s8col4th4ndtao5g7mneagt5bjs06o88a1
@4ax.com:

> hp...@lycos.com wrote:
>
>>http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123051100709638419.html
>>
>>Mass immigration, economic decay, social chaos, to lead way downward.
>

> Well ... not as if the whole place is gonna disappear.
>
> Any kind of collapse will represent the start of
> a 're-formation'.
>
> Into WHAT though ... ?

Well, to help paint that picture, we no longer have the
crude oil reserves to sell overseas and still have enough
to fuel rebuilding our economy. Will we even have enough
domestic oil to maintain agriculture at the level it is
today? Because we're actually at a breakeven between food
exports and imports. So any decrease in production means
we'll have to be a net importer to stave off famine.

Oh what a nice set of economic midgets you saddled us
with.

I imagine, when enough bellies are empty, that the Chinese
rules on reproduction will be instituted here. I can see
the posters: "Enjoying sex? Use a condom. It's the law!"