Dating?

The Real Bev

Jan 8, 2019, 11:35:58 AM1/8/19
What has prompted the recent spate of dating messages in totally
unrelated newsgroups recently? Are these people message-in-a-bottle
desperate or is there some shadowy entity out there playing mean jokes
on people?

Same for requests for solution manuals...

--
Cheers, Bev
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice,

ItsJoan NotJoann

Jan 8, 2019, 11:52:56 AM1/8/19
On Tuesday, January 8, 2019 at 10:35:58 AM UTC-6, The Real Bev wrote:

> What has prompted the recent spate of dating messages in totally
> unrelated newsgroups recently? Are these people message-in-a-bottle
> desperate or is there some shadowy entity out there playing mean jokes
> on people?

I think that's a 'nice' way of saying they're looking for a prostitute no
matter how 'sweetly' they word it. Probably a bunch of wannabe serial
killers.

> Same for requests for solution manuals...

Ah yes, the solutions manuals. Those are the answers to tests that some
people are too stupid to answer on their own by actually studying the
course they are wanting to pass.

The Real Bev

Jan 8, 2019, 1:37:31 PM1/8/19
Clearly. But why in random newsgroups? Surely a frugalista newsgroup
is NOT relevant to a search for "strolling hostesses" as Johnny Carson
called them. Unless the poster is seeking out the best bang for his
buck, of course. But would those hostesses, possibly of the 'will screw
for food' type, be checking newsgroups regularly for potential clients?

Or are people really just a lot dumber than I had heretofore imagined?

--
Cheers, Bev
666øF -- the oven temperature for roast beast.

ItsJoan NotJoann

Jan 8, 2019, 3:53:35 PM1/8/19
On Tuesday, January 8, 2019 at 12:37:31 PM UTC-6, The Real Bev wrote:

> Or are people really just a lot dumber than I had heretofore imagined?

I think you nailed it.

catalpa

Jan 8, 2019, 8:58:59 PM1/8/19

"The Real Bev" <bashl...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> What has prompted the recent spate of dating messages in totally unrelated
> newsgroups recently? Are these people message-in-a-bottle desperate or is
> there some shadowy entity out there playing mean jokes on people?
>
> Same for requests for solution manuals...

Need to bring back the frugal sex guy to tell them how to get dates.