Coffee Filters--who knew?

Jamie

Jan 12, 2009, 12:17:48 AM1/12/09
I got this as an e-mail from a relative:

1. Cover bowls or dishes when cooking in the microwave. Coffee filters
make excellent covers.

2. Clean windows and mirrors. Coffee filters are lint-free so they'll
leave windows sparkling.

3. Protect China. Separate your good dishes by putting a coffee filter
between each dish.

4. Filter broken cork from wine. If you break the cork when opening a
wine bottle, filter the wine through a coffee filter.

5. Protect a cast-iron skillet. Place a coffee filter in the skillet
to absorb moisture and prevent rust.

6. Apply shoe polish. Ball up a lint-free coffee filter.

7. Recycle frying oil. After frying, strain oil through a sieve lined
with a coffee filter.

8. Weigh chopped foods. Place chopped ingredients in a coffee filter
on a kitchen scale.

9. Hold tacos. Coffee filters make convenient wrappers for messy
foods.

10. Stop the soil=2 0from leaking out of a plant pot. Line a plant
pot with a coffee filter to prevent the soil from going through the
drainage holes.

11. Prevent a Popsicle from dripping. Poke one or two holes as needed
in a coffee filter.

12. Do you think we used expensive strips to wax eyebrows? Use strips
of coffee filters.

13. Put a few in a plate and put your fried bacon, French fries,
chicken fingers, etc on them. Soaks out all the grease.

Message has been deleted

Jamie

Jan 12, 2009, 12:39:57 PM1/12/09
On Jan 12, 12:34 am, Dan Birchall <nob...@imaginary-
host.danbirchall.com> wrote:
> Quite the list.  Best, of course, if coffee filters happen to be
> insanely cheap compared to all the other things that might be used
> to do the jobs. :)
>
> (I have no idea if they are - I don't drink coffee.)
>
> --http://ChocoLocate.com/- The Chocolate Lovers' Page, established 1994.

I don't drink coffee either, I should add.

hchi...@hotmail.com

Jan 12, 2009, 5:40:01 PM1/12/09
On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 21:17:48 -0800 (PST), Jamie
<jan...@ihollister.net> wrote:

>4. Filter broken cork from wine. If you break the cork when opening a
>wine bottle, filter the wine through a coffee filter.

In a pinch, I guess. Tried this very thing a little while back and
the sediment clogged the filter almost immediately.