"Homelessness only happens to other people"

ulti...@gmail.com

Jan 8, 2009, 10:11:19 AM1/8/09
Walter Bushell wrote:
> In article
> <e21e48d5-19bb-4441-9faa-dd246dad1...@a26g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
> ultim...@gmail.com wrote:

> > Sure your boss likes you?

> That will not matter when word comes down from above.

> Sinclair Lewis in _The Jungle_ described what happens when even the best
> company falls up hard times and has to reduce employees. Among other
> things getting the heave ho from a company you have invested yourself in

> is demoralizing to say the least.

Exactly! And something like this can push anybody over the edge into
drugs and alcohol. The orthodox capitalist homeless bashers here don't
seem to realise is it can also happen to them; they live in a fantasy
world where this stuff only happens to "other people", and that they
are somehow immune from the economy. Even the self employed here don't
seem to realise that their businesses can fold as well for whatever
reason and they too will be seeking work. A job search is stressful
and demoralizing enough, without the rotten economy we are in now.

Rod Speed

Jan 8, 2009, 1:40:42 PM1/8/09
ulti...@gmail.com wrote
> Walter Bushell wrote
>> ulti...@gmail.com wrote

>>> Sure your boss likes you?

>> That will not matter when word comes down from above.

Wrong, most obviously if you have retired and have had enough
of a clue to ensure that you have a fully paid off house to live in
and adequate savings and investments to live off.

>> Sinclair Lewis in _The Jungle_ described what happens when even
>> the best company falls up hard times and has to reduce employees.

Irrelevant if you have retired and have had enough of
a clue to ensure that you have a fully paid off house to
live in and adequate savings and investments to live off
or if you are competant enough to be one of those the
company cant do business without.

>> Among other things getting the heave ho from a company
>> you have invested yourself in is demoralizing to say the least.

Not when you have enough of a clue to be employable by someone else.

> Exactly!

Nope.

> And something like this can push anybody over the edge into drugs and alcohol.

Pig ignorant lie.

> The orthodox capitalist homeless bashers here
> don't seem to realise is it can also happen to them;

It cant with most of them. They arent stupid enough to
resort to drugs and alcohol even if they do get sacked.

> they live in a fantasy world where this stuff only happens to "other people",

It aint a fantasy world, its the real world. Most arent stupid
enough to resort to drugs an alcohol when they get sacked.

> and that they are somehow immune from the economy.

They dont have to be immune from the economy to not end up 'homeless', fool.

JUST have enough of a clue to ensure that whatever
happens with the economy, they cant end up 'homeless'

> Even the self employed here don't seem to realise that their businesses
> can fold as well for whatever reason and they too will be seeking work.

Plenty have enough of a clue to be employable in areas
that are needed whatever the state of the economy.

> A job search is stressful and demoralizing enough,

Only for unemployable fools like you.

> without the rotten economy we are in now.

Hordes can manage fine without a job for a while, child.

meow...@care2.com

Jan 8, 2009, 6:02:00 PM1/8/09
Rod Speed wrote:
> ulti...@gmail.com wrote
> > Walter Bushell wrote
> >> ulti...@gmail.com wrote

> > A job search is stressful and demoralizing enough,

> Only for unemployable fools like you.
>
> > without the rotten economy we are in now.
>
> Hordes can manage fine without a job for a while, child.

Yet so many choose to live with such a financial policy that they cant
hang on with no job. Weird, but true.

NT

Rod Speed

Jan 8, 2009, 9:52:38 PM1/8/09
meow...@care2.com wrote

They dont actually choose it in the considered choice sense,
they're just too stupid to origanise their financial affairs so
that they can survive the inevitable time between jobs fine.

Just like its perfectly possible to pay off every credit card
in full every month, many are just too stupid to do that.

> Weird, but true.

The Real Bev

Jan 10, 2009, 3:54:55 PM1/10/09
Rod Speed wrote:

> ulti...@gmail.com wrote
>>

>> and that they are somehow immune from the economy.
>
> They dont have to be immune from the economy to not end up 'homeless', fool.

It's "immune *TO* the economy", stupid. What, are you ESL people?

--
Cheers,
Bev

Rod Speed

Jan 10, 2009, 5:31:03 PM1/10/09
The Real Bev wrote

> Rod Speed wrote
>> ulti...@gmail.com wrote

>>> and that they are somehow immune from the economy.

>> They dont have to be immune from the economy to not end up 'homeless', fool.

> It's "immune *TO* the economy", stupid.

Wrong, as always, gorgon.

> What, are you ESL people?

Beats being a gorgon.

ulti...@live.com

Jan 11, 2009, 8:31:28 AM1/11/09
On Jan 8, 6:52 pm, "Rod Speed" <rod.speed....@gmail.com> wrote:
> meow2...@care2.com wrote
>
> > Rod Speed wrote
> >> ultim...@gmail.com wrote

> >> Only for unemployable fools like you.
> >> Hordes can manage fine without a job for a while, child.
> > Yet so many choose to live with such a financial policy that they cant hang on with no job.
>
> They dont actually choose it in the considered choice sense,
> they're just too stupid to origanise their financial affairs so
> that they can survive the inevitable time between jobs fine.
>
> Just like its perfectly possible to pay off every credit card
> in full every month, many are just too stupid to do that.

What about those who make so little they can't even think about
savings and have high rents that there minimum
wages can just barely afford? We even had talk here a couple days ago
with someone wanting to eliminate the minimum wage and let employers
pay whatever they feel. Can you say 30 cent an hour wages. Of course,
the rents and food prices would not go down along with the ages.
LOGIC_PROBLEM_FOUND at B5B5:B5B5

Rod Speed

Jan 11, 2009, 11:08:59 AM1/11/09
ulti...@live.com wrote

> Rod Speed <rod.speed....@gmail.com> wrote
>> meow2...@care2.com wrote
>>> Rod Speed wrote

>>> Yet so many choose to live with such a financial
>>> policy that they cant hang on with no job.

>> They dont actually choose it in the considered choice sense,
>> they're just too stupid to origanise their financial affairs so
>> that they can survive the inevitable time between jobs fine.

>> Just like its perfectly possible to pay off every credit card
>> in full every month, many are just too stupid to do that.

> What about those who make so little they can't even think about savings

There's no one like that.

> and have high rents that there minimum wages can just barely afford?

They should get a clue and move to where the rents arent that high.

> We even had talk here a couple days ago with someone wanting to
> eliminate the minimum wage and let employers pay whatever they feel.

That did work in HongKong before it was returned to China.

> Can you say 30 cent an hour wages.

Have fun explaining why we didnt see that in HongKong before it was returned to China.

> Of course, the rents and food prices would not go down along with the wages.

Corse the cost of food would when more grow their own.

So would the cost of rent as more live in the one place.

> LOGIC_PROBLEM_FOUND at B5B5:B5B5

Just another of your pathetic little pig ignorant fantasys, comrade.

The Real Bev

Jan 11, 2009, 1:48:32 PM1/11/09
ulti...@live.com wrote:

> "Rod Speed" <rod.speed....@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Just like its perfectly possible to pay off every credit card in full every
>> month, many are just too stupid to do that.>>
>
> What about those who make so little they can't even think about savings and
> have high rents that there minimum wages can just barely afford?

Those people probably don't have credit cards, so the question is meaningless.
If they DO have credit cards, some CC company is going to take gas.

--
Cheers,
Bev