Why I don't post in moderated groups

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock

Aug 16, 2010, 10:42:44 AM8/16/10
(You know, gone are the days of the hunter-gatherer, when everyday was
an adventure. Now we live in boredom and junk food, but there's still
a realm for real hunting: the Internet. Not everywhere in the
Internet, but in the UNmoderated groups where you can throw your
arrows and spears. The big mammoths are also here: You can read the
official media that tell you the official version of the world, not at
all like the Darwinian Jungle that it is. The "good guys" are not so
good and the "bad guys" are not so bad in the real world. But they all
try to survive in the jungle, and those who ignore those laws end up
like Hussein. He wasn't a good guy for sure, but we was a good friend
of the good guys, if you know what I mean. Anyway, my intention is not
to give a sermon in the introduction)

On Aug 16, 6:27 am, Trance Gemini <trancegemi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Comandante,
>
> You should probably check out this thread on the Mod Board.
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/atheism-vs-christianity-moderator-foru...
>
> Feel free to comment if you wish.

Hey Gemini, once again thank you for your kind remarks.

But I can shed some light into it:

a) The Christians don't like what I say,

b) They have nothing to say and hate satire (let them eat the banana,
huh?),

c) They want to shut up the opposition, Taliban style.

Sometime I debate whether a bicycle topic, for example, should be
included, I post it and I get the most rewarding fruits. One thing
they don't understand --or perhaps because they do they want me out--
I'm proposing a NEW WISDOM --call it common sense if you wish-- but it
helps SURVIVE & LIVE in this jungle. We know this is a jungle not
because of the Devil, but in large part because of the indifferent and
stupid Christians.

I can even voluntarily abandon this group, since I sincerely don't
get along with moderation. I'm a free spirit and will remain so. As
you know there are other groups where I post like "alt.atheism" or
"rec.bicycles.misc." Some like it, some don't. That's freedom!

In my JUNGLE WISDOM --just like in the real jungle-- there's a
connection of everything to everything else. To me, fighting God is a
moot point. I find hunting for the lies (lie-on) and hypocrisy most
interesting. Why the Christians, for example, turn a blind eye to our
War on Drugs. That would also be off topic.

So in other words, my dear Gemini, hasta la vista! See you here... ;)

http://atom.smasher.org/streetparty/?l1=Coming+Soon%3A&l2=the&l3=Banana+Revolution!&l4=

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock & the Stationary Bicycle to burn the calories

Aug 17, 2010, 12:07:15 PM8/17/10
On Aug 17, 8:32 am, FatterDumber& Happier Moe
<"WheresMyCheck"@UncleSamLoves.Mee> wrote:
> Conscience wrote:
> > On 2010-08-17 07:31:53 -0700, FatterDumber& Happier Moe
> > <"WheresMyCheck"@UncleSamLoves.Mee> said:
>
> >> His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of

> >> Wouldn't you be happier actually accomplishing something?
>
> > Getting responses to his drivel is far more rewarding.
>
> I wonder how much this contemplating his navel dude is costing us
> taxpayers?

The #1 drain in taxpayer's money is the war. SUVs are a waste of oil.
However little infrastructure they do is a waste, and bike lanes are
not even connected.

You should be kissing my ass for trying to fix this jungle. Actually I
plan to ride an ass on the road (like Jesus) with a sign that says,
"KISS MY ASS!" And it's perfectly legal. ;)

You want to know how I make a living? Buy one!

http://www.zazzle.com/bike_for_peace_ii_tshirt-235363034463138037

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock & the Stationary Bicycle to burn the calories

Aug 17, 2010, 4:17:04 PM8/17/10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flfB4PGBHhE

I have a tough question here...

How the USA became a Banana Republic?

Hint: Too close to Latin America.

This is like asking who was first the chicken or the egg.

raamman

Aug 17, 2010, 4:26:35 PM8/17/10
On Aug 16, 10:42 am, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the
> http://atom.smasher.org/streetparty/?l1=Coming+Soon%3A&l2=the&l3=Bana...
>
> http://webspawner.com/users/BANANAREVOLUTION

the reason why you don't post in moderated groups is clear- you do,
you just can't get past the mods

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock & the Stationary Bicycle to burn the calories

Aug 17, 2010, 5:05:01 PM8/17/10

I wouldn't get past the moderators in Saudi Arabia either.

Is that supposed to be good???

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock & the Stationary Bicycle to burn the calories

Aug 17, 2010, 5:07:58 PM8/17/10
On Aug 17, 1:26 pm, raamman <raam...@gmail.com> wrote:

Sorry, that is not the case here. The moderator agrees with me, loves
me ideas, but it may create a crisis for her where the Christian/
Republican/Talibans don't want to hear the truth and threaten to quit.

That's not how you can change the system.

Aug 17, 2010, 6:06:09 PM8/17/10

"raamman" <raa...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>the reason why you don't post in moderated groups is clear- you do,
>you just can't get past the mods

Asshats like Monkey Brain are the reason I wish all groups were moderated.

Jym Dyer

Aug 18, 2010, 2:58:52 AM8/18/10
> the reason why you don't post in moderated groups is clear-
> you do, you just can't get past the mods

=x= Under the name "Millenium Twain," this lunatic posted his
off-topic drivel to every bicycle-related email list he could
find. Since most of these fora are reasonably tolerant, they
let him slide a bit, but eventually he was banned from all of
them. Every last one of them.

=x= Even the ones that weren't moderated turned moderation on
for the sole purpose of getting rid of him.

=x= So he's stuck cross-posting his insane off-topic drivel
that nobody cares about, to unmoderated Usenet newsgroups.
Fortunately, Usenet has the most highly-developed filtering
on the planet, so we have the option of simply not noticing
that he even exists.
<_Jym_>

Bob F

Aug 18, 2010, 12:00:36 PM8/18/10

If asshats like you would block him, I'd never see his posts.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock & the Stationary Bicycle to burn the calories

Aug 18, 2010, 3:53:43 PM8/18/10
On Aug 17, 11:58 pm, Jym Dyer <j...@econet.org> wrote:
> > the reason why you don't post in moderated groups is clear-
> > you do, you just can't get past the mods
>
> =x= Under the name "Millenium Twain," this lunatic posted his
> off-topic drivel to every bicycle-related email list he could
> find. Since most of these fora are reasonably tolerant, they
> let him slide a bit, but eventually he was banned from all of
> them. Every last one of them.
>
> =x= Even the ones that weren't moderated turned moderation on
> for the sole purpose of getting rid of him.
>
> =x= So he's stuck cross-posting his insane off-topic drivel
> that nobody cares about, to unmoderated Usenet newsgroups.
> Fortunately, Usenet has the most highly-developed filtering
> on the planet, so we have the option of simply not noticing
> that he even exists.
> <_Jym_>

I think you are confusing this Millennium Twain with the one and only
Wise Tibetan Monkey.

You like "light" entertainment here, but I brought the real show. It's
circus with lion and everything. ;)

See new topic about mosque and McDonald's... It's the real thing, not
BS.

The Real Bev

Aug 18, 2010, 6:39:31 PM8/18/10
On 08/17/10 15:06, h wrote:

> "raamman"<raa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> the reason why you don't post in moderated groups is clear- you
>> do, you just can't get past the mods
>
> Asshats like Monkey Brain are the reason I wish all groups were
> moderated.

Bite your tongue. Moderation kills newsgroups. Trust me on this.
Just killfile the loons. If you're even more serious, killfile any post
that originates from within googlegroups.

--
Cheers, Bev
Lawyering: the only profession that if you

Aug 18, 2010, 7:52:43 PM8/18/10

"The Real Bev" <bashl...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> On 08/17/10 15:06, h wrote:
>
>> "raamman"<raa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> the reason why you don't post in moderated groups is clear- you
>>> do, you just can't get past the mods
>>
>> Asshats like Monkey Brain are the reason I wish all groups were
>> moderated.
>
> Bite your tongue. Moderation kills newsgroups. Trust me on this.
> Just killfile the loons. If you're even more serious, killfile any post
> that originates from within googlegroups.

Agreed, to a point, and yes, I've KFd GG even though one of the computers I
post from uses googlegroups (depends on if I'm in the house, the office, or
the workspace). Ok, I hate the whole concept of censorship, but I REALLY
hate the monkey brain. I only see him when others reply, and I KF them
immediately. Too bad KFiling responders to monkey brain doesn't result in
their actual death. Ok, so maybe that's harsh, but CRAP, I really find that
douchebag annoying. Fortunately, I rarely have to view his screed.

The Real Bev

Aug 18, 2010, 8:38:00 PM8/18/10
On 08/18/10 16:52, h wrote:

> "The Real Bev"<bashl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Asshats like Monkey Brain are the reason I wish all groups were
>>> moderated.
>>
>> Bite your tongue. Moderation kills newsgroups. Trust me on
>> this. Just killfile the loons. If you're even more serious,
>> killfile any post that originates from within googlegroups.
>
> Agreed, to a point, and yes, I've KFd GG even though one of the
> computers I post from uses googlegroups (depends on if I'm in the
> house, the office, or the workspace). Ok, I hate the whole concept of
> censorship, but I REALLY hate the monkey brain.

Freedom of speech is fine, but there's no requirement that anyone
actually listen, or even be in a position to actually hear.

> I only see him when others reply, and I KF them immediately. Too bad
> KFiling responders to monkey brain doesn't result in their actual
> death. Ok, so maybe that's harsh, but CRAP, I really find that
> douchebag annoying. Fortunately, I rarely have to view his screed.

The loons have done more damage to usenet than spam ever could.
Replying to loons keeps them going -- you'd think that people would have
figured that out by now. To the best of my knowledge, the longest
still-extant flamewar on usenet started in 1999. Anybody know a longer
one? I've killfiled most of the participants in the one I know of, but
most of the regular posters -- as in mcfl -- have gone elsewhere.

I would like the loons to die painful deaths. They've ruined one of the
best and most useful things ever developed on our planet. God damn them
all.

--
Cheers, Bev
The people who don't know what they're doing and the people who

Dennis

Aug 19, 2010, 5:26:19 PM8/19/10
On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 15:39:31 -0700, The Real Bev
<bashl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 08/17/10 15:06, h wrote:
>
>> Asshats like Monkey Brain are the reason I wish all groups were
>> moderated.
>
>Bite your tongue. Moderation kills newsgroups. Trust me on this.

Usually, but there are notable exceptions. For example rec.guns has
been going strong for many years. I can't imagine it existing as an
unmoderated group.
Dennis (evil)
--
I'm a hands-on, footloose, knee-jerk head case. -George Carlin

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

hchi...@hotmail.com

Aug 19, 2010, 9:51:50 PM8/19/10
<bashl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 08/17/10 15:06, h wrote:
>
>> "raamman"<raa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> the reason why you don't post in moderated groups is clear- you
>>> do, you just can't get past the mods
>>
>> Asshats like Monkey Brain are the reason I wish all groups were
>> moderated.
>
>Bite your tongue. Moderation kills newsgroups. Trust me on this.
>Just killfile the loons. If you're even more serious, killfile any post
>that originates from within googlegroups.

I don't trust you on that. Suck on that. This group is a case in
point. Some people (AHEM!) kept responding to a regular loon here.
More than anything, that one individual and his supporter here killed
this group. I warned about it years ago and got the same BULLSHIT
"killfile him" crap, and "use advanced filters" twit responses while
you encouraged him.

You know as well as anyone that killfiles only work when everyone uses
them and refuses to read posts from people who respond to the worst
offenders.

So no, I don't trust you and in fact I'll say you lie through your
teeth (or other orifice). I'm not very happy about what happened to
the group AND the way you kept the asshole interested in it and
speeded the process. There are always enough responders like you to
keep the intentional disrupters alive.

I've held back saying this for years, in hopes of your realization of
reality and a change in stance. I've lost that hope, so in a very
heartfelt way, for your assistance in destroying this group by YOUR
actions, Fuck You. And you and Rod have a nice day.

The Real Bev

Aug 20, 2010, 1:41:20 AM8/20/10
On 08/19/10 14:26, Dennis wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 15:39:31 -0700, The Real Bev
> <bashl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On 08/17/10 15:06, h wrote:
>>
>>> Asshats like Monkey Brain are the reason I wish all groups were
>>> moderated.
>>
>>Bite your tongue. Moderation kills newsgroups. Trust me on this.
>
> Usually, but there are notable exceptions. For example rec.guns has
> been going strong for many years. I can't imagine it existing as an
> unmoderated group.

You need (a) willing and reliable moderators; (2) a free injection site;
and (iii) somebody to set it up who knows what he's doing.
Rec.bicycles.dirt.moderated was established to avoid a particular loon.
It never got off the ground and has apparently been abandoned. It
was formerly, except for the loon's anti-bicycle tirades and the

> Dennis (evil)

"Glad to see your back! " --Elsa Lanchester

--
Cheers, Bev
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.

The Real Bev

Aug 20, 2010, 1:44:01 AM8/20/10
On 08/19/10 18:51, hchi...@hotmail.com wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 15:39:31 -0700, The Real Bev
> <bashl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Asshats like Monkey Brain are the reason I wish all groups were
>>> moderated.
>>
>>Bite your tongue. Moderation kills newsgroups. Trust me on this.
>>Just killfile the loons. If you're even more serious, killfile any post
>>that originates from within googlegroups.
>
> I don't trust you on that. Suck on that. This group is a case in
> point. Some people (AHEM!) kept responding to a regular loon here.
> More than anything, that one individual and his supporter here killed
> this group. I warned about it years ago and got the same BULLSHIT
> "killfile him" crap, and "use advanced filters" twit responses while
> you encouraged him.

I apologize. He seemed to say just enough reasonable stuff that I had
hope. I was wrong.

> You know as well as anyone that killfiles only work when everyone uses
> them and refuses to read posts from people who respond to the worst
> offenders.

Yup.

> So no, I don't trust you and in fact I'll say you lie through your
> teeth (or other orifice). I'm not very happy about what happened to
> the group AND the way you kept the asshole interested in it and
> speeded the process. There are always enough responders like you to
> keep the intentional disrupters alive.
>
> I've held back saying this for years, in hopes of your realization of
> reality and a change in stance. I've lost that hope, so in a very
> heartfelt way, for your assistance in destroying this group by YOUR
> actions, Fuck You. And you and Rod have a nice day.

Not likely.

Aug 20, 2010, 7:04:00 AM8/20/10

And you and Rod have a nice day.

> Not likely.

Interesting that the most pissed off person is someone most of us have KFd
:)

root

Aug 20, 2010, 7:50:31 AM8/20/10
hchi...@hotmail.com <hchi...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I don't trust you on that. Suck on that. This group is a case in
> point. Some people (AHEM!) kept responding to a regular loon here.
> More than anything, that one individual and his supporter here killed
> this group. I warned about it years ago and got the same BULLSHIT
> "killfile him" crap, and "use advanced filters" twit responses while
> you encouraged him.

I don't think this is fair, Harry. First, I don't think Bev ever
suggested you kill file him, and I am sure she never suggested you
use "advanced filters". Secondly, I don't think responding to a
post can be said to encourage the OP. Even if everyone killfiled
RS right at the start, he would have just assumed a different identity.

> You know as well as anyone that killfiles only work when everyone uses
> them and refuses to read posts from people who respond to the worst
> offenders.

You'll never get everyone to do anything. I killfiled RS some time
ago, but I still see posts that I am pretty sure came from him.

> So no, I don't trust you and in fact I'll say you lie through your
> teeth (or other orifice). I'm not very happy about what happened to
> the group AND the way you kept the asshole interested in it and
> speeded the process. There are always enough responders like you to
> keep the intentional disrupters alive.
>
> I've held back saying this for years, in hopes of your realization of
> reality and a change in stance. I've lost that hope, so in a very
> heartfelt way, for your assistance in destroying this group by YOUR
> actions, Fuck You. And you and Rod have a nice day.

And how different is that final paragraph from something RS might
have posted? Have you killfiled Bev?

hchi...@hotmail.com

Aug 20, 2010, 11:36:04 AM8/20/10
On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 07:04:00 -0400, "h" <tmc...@searchmachine.com>
wrote:

Gee then, I wonder how the fuck you read the response and realized it
was me, and then came back with an idiotic rejoinder?

Could you just be unintentionally proving my point that killfiles
don't work unless EVERYONE uses them and doesn't respond? Or could it
just be you are a twit or nym for RS?

Either way, you've proven yourself to be an idiot with no powers of
comprehension. If you have KF'd me - don't bother, I rarely post here
anymore - and ps - I'm honored to be KF'd by sanctimonius assholes.

hchi...@hotmail.com

Aug 20, 2010, 11:54:56 AM8/20/10
On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 11:50:31 +0000 (UTC), root <NoE...@home.org>
wrote:

>I don't think this is fair, Harry. First, I don't think Bev ever
>suggested you kill file him, and I am sure she never suggested you
>use "advanced filters". Secondly, I don't think responding to a
>post can be said to encourage the OP. Even if everyone killfiled
>RS right at the start, he would have just assumed a different identity.

I've spent way too much time being "reasonable" and trying to be
"fair." In bulk, it has ended up with my getting responses like the
one from "h", who can't even be creative enough to have more than a
one letter nym, and much worse. It ends up with scumbags like RS and
his ilk taking over, not just this group, but political arenas,
religious arenas, ecological arenas, and life in general. Enough.

If people don't like it when I tell reality, then can kiss my ass.
FWIW, Bev DID repeatedly suggest KFing Rod, and I was directed to
NewsProxy N filter, which I used for a while before realizing the real
problem was not being addressed.

Bottom line is that if this group had been even lightly moderated -
and I do mean lightly - then dildobrain would have found a different
playground and the group would still exist. Get real. This isn't a
group anymore. RARELY, like others I'll check a few posts, but I'm
not going to give the resident fuckhead the chance to spew more vomit
in my direction.

Bev still continues with the "no moderation, trust me" theme. The
democracies and open governments of Greece _only_ worked because the
worst offenders to the reasoned discourse were ostracized, exiled,
executed, or worse. There is no way to do that on unmoderated usenet,
and Bev has been living in a fantasy world to the detriment of others.

Fair? The world isn't "fair."

The Real Bev

Aug 20, 2010, 6:23:35 PM8/20/10
On 08/20/10 08:54, hchi...@hotmail.com wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 11:50:31 +0000 (UTC), root<NoE...@home.org>
> wrote:
>
>>I don't think this is fair, Harry. First, I don't think Bev ever
>>suggested you kill file him, and I am sure she never suggested you
>>use "advanced filters". Secondly, I don't think responding to a
>>post can be said to encourage the OP. Even if everyone killfiled
>>RS right at the start, he would have just assumed a different identity.
>
> I've spent way too much time being "reasonable" and trying to be
> "fair." In bulk, it has ended up with my getting responses like the
> one from "h", who can't even be creative enough to have more than a
> one letter nym, and much worse. It ends up with scumbags like RS and
> his ilk taking over, not just this group, but political arenas,
> religious arenas, ecological arenas, and life in general. Enough.
>
> If people don't like it when I tell reality, then can kiss my ass.
> FWIW, Bev DID repeatedly suggest KFing Rod, and I was directed to
> NewsProxy N filter, which I used for a while before realizing the real
> problem was not being addressed.

I really regret not KFing him as soon as I realized what was what.
Ultimately I did, and encouraged others to do so. I've never heard of
NewsProxy N filter, so somebody else recommended it.

We can't solve the REAL problem as long as there are laws against
killin' them whut needs killin'. We just have to devise workarounds.

> Bottom line is that if this group had been even lightly moderated -
> and I do mean lightly - then dildobrain would have found a different
> playground and the group would still exist. Get real. This isn't a
> group anymore. RARELY, like others I'll check a few posts, but I'm
> not going to give the resident fuckhead the chance to spew more vomit
> in my direction.

If you too abandon the group, then RS has won. <sigh> Are you telling
me that legumes aren't as tough as grrlz? Even grllz of, um, a certain age?

> Bev still continues with the "no moderation, trust me" theme. The
> democracies and open governments of Greece _only_ worked because the
> worst offenders to the reasoned discourse were ostracized, exiled,
> executed, or worse. There is no way to do that on unmoderated usenet,
> and Bev has been living in a fantasy world to the detriment of others.

Look, I'm the moderator of a spinoff (not a replacement) group designed
to avoid an even worse shithead than RS, who makes trouble in real life
for people and who actually had a court order forbidding him from
posting for a year. He just changed his name and kept right on. The
new moderated group has had few posters, mostly newbies asking a
group-related question -- which generally gets answered. Members of the
unmoderated group have for the most part migrated to other venues.

Ostracism is the easiest way, it just requires diligence and perseverence.

The only way we can keep a newsgroup alive is to keep using it, ignoring
the crap. If newcomers aren't capable of recognizing crap, that's their
tough luck -- nobody needs to set them straight.

> Fair? The world isn't "fair."

Hey, it would be if *I* ran it!

--
Cheers, Bev
"A stupid person is a person who causes losses to another person

hchi...@hotmail.com

Aug 20, 2010, 7:00:27 PM8/20/10
On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 15:23:35 -0700, The Real Bev
<bashl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Get real. This isn't a
>> group anymore. RARELY, like others I'll check a few posts, but I'm
>> not going to give the resident fuckhead the chance to spew more vomit
>> in my direction.
>
>If you too abandon the group, then RS has won. <sigh> Are you telling
>me that legumes aren't as tough as grrlz? Even grllz of, um, a certain age?

RS "won" the group long ago. If you look at the traffic, it took him
less than a year to drive off the bulk of decent people. Legumes can
survive in unfertile soil, but produce better when the weeds and pests
aren't a constant problem. I packed my peas and moved.

R didn't win over me. If I had continued, he might have. I took a
long look at how I was constantly having to defend, ratchet up, go
into attitudes that were degrading rather than edifying, and decided
that I didn't need my mind regularly filled with snippets of his crap.
I don't fill my hard drives with spam, why should I fill my brain with
the ravings of a misanthropic idiot?

The Real Bev

Aug 20, 2010, 7:02:39 PM8/20/10
On 08/20/10 16:00, hchi...@hotmail.com wrote:

> <bashl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> Get real. This isn't a
>>> group anymore. RARELY, like others I'll check a few posts, but I'm
>>> not going to give the resident fuckhead the chance to spew more vomit
>>> in my direction.

I don't think it's directional; think of it as a shit-bomb.

>>If you too abandon the group, then RS has won.<sigh> Are you telling
>>me that legumes aren't as tough as grrlz? Even grllz of, um, a certain age?
>
> RS "won" the group long ago. If you look at the traffic, it took him
> less than a year to drive off the bulk of decent people. Legumes can
> survive in unfertile soil, but produce better when the weeds and pests
> aren't a constant problem. I packed my peas and moved.

Sorry to see you go, Harry. I hope you change your mind.

--
Cheers, Bev
"The way England treats her prisoners, she doesn't

Dennis

Aug 22, 2010, 12:55:36 PM8/22/10
On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 09:54:56 -0600, hchi...@hotmail.com wrote:

>Fair? The world isn't "fair."

Turns out, the world is fair. But sometimes fair sucks.

IMHO, you are giving RS too much power. I don't even use KFs, but I
don't find it that hard to skip his posts or ignore the few
posts/responses that I do happen to stumble over

But I agree that something has happened to the spirit this group used
to enjoy.

Dennis (evil)
--
My output is down, my income is up, I take a short position on the long bond and
my revenue stream has its own cash flow. -George Carlin