Wireless printers

aesthete8

Mar 8, 2011, 3:32:16 AM3/8/11
Are they worth the extra cost?

Or am I better off saving a bit of money by buying the wired version?

Rod Speed

Mar 8, 2011, 3:44:41 AM3/8/11
aesthete8 wrote:

> Are they worth the extra cost?

Depends on your circumstances.

They dont necessarily cost anymore.

> Or am I better off saving a bit of money by buying the wired version?

Depends on your circumstances.

They dont necessarily cost anymore.

Message has been deleted

Michael Black

Mar 8, 2011, 9:46:59 AM3/8/11
On Tue, 8 Mar 2011, aesthete8 wrote:

> Are they worth the extra cost?
>
> Or am I better off saving a bit of money by buying the wired version?

Why would you want one?

If you have multiple devices, such as a desktop computer and then a
laptop, it might make sense.

If you need to put the printer over there, and the computer over here,
and don't want to run a cable, then obviously wireless would be useful.

Michael

Bob F

Mar 8, 2011, 11:31:25 AM3/8/11
Shawn Hirn wrote:
> In article
> <e5447ec0-d7ca-4ff1...@k10g2000prh.googlegroups.com>,

> aesthete8 <art...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Are they worth the extra cost?
>>
>> Or am I better off saving a bit of money by buying the wired version?
>
> Only you can answer that question. The answer depends on your
> particular needs.

I wireless print server would make a lot more sense.

sf

Mar 9, 2011, 4:08:47 AM3/9/11
On Tue, 8 Mar 2011 00:32:16 -0800 (PST), aesthete8 <art...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Are they worth the extra cost?
>
> Or am I better off saving a bit of money by buying the wired version?

They really are not very expensive. They aren't giving them away at
the cheapest prices that they're giving away the wired kind... but
sheesh. Watch the sales and you won't break the bank.

Sudarshan Karkada

Mar 9, 2011, 5:55:16 PM3/9/11
On Mar 8, 2:32 am, aesthete8 <art...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Are they worth the extra cost?
>
> Or am I better off saving a bit of money by buying the wired version?

I recently bought Epson WorkForce 630 from Amazon for $65. It was
definitely worth it. Setup was so easy and simple that I am pleasantly
surprised. I didn't think building a wireless device that is easy to
install and simple to setup was possible, but Epson opened my eyes :)

John Weiss

Mar 9, 2011, 8:08:41 PM3/9/11
aesthete8 wrote:

> Are they worth the extra cost?
>
> Or am I better off saving a bit of money by buying the wired version?

If wired Ethernet is a viable option, it is much better. If USB
connection to an always-on computer is an option, it is usually a very
good option.

I would use WiFi as a last resort if the above 2 are impractical.

Many printers now come "standard" with a WiFi option, especially if you
are spending $$ for duplexing or other office-type options. HP
OfficeJet 8500 and Brother HL-5370 are examples.