Mint Mobile Cellular Plan, Great deal

tra...@optonline.net

Dec 2, 2018, 12:33:47 PM12/2/18

Mint Mobile is a prepaid VMNO operating on Tmobile. If you have good Tmobile
coverage in your area, it will have the same reception, signal strength, etc.
Right now they are offering a special deal, $20 for the first 3 months
of unlimited voice and text, 5GB of data. After that, they have low cost
plans. Their angle is that you pay for either 3, 6 or 12 months of service
upfront. If you buy 12 months the rates are:

2GB data $15/mth
5GB $20
10GB $25

If you buy for just 3 months, the rates are higher. For example 3 months
of the 2GB plan is $23 a month, instead of $15.

Those are the lowest rates after the $20 three month promo is over.
That data is at the 4G high speed. If you use it all up, then you have
unlimited at the lower speed 2G, which isn't bad for emails, some
browsing, etc. You need a phone that's compatible with Tmobile or one
of their other MVN)s, eg MetroPCS. They send you a SIM that you
insert. I've had the service for a year,
very happy with it, it's outstanding for the price. I get as high
as 170MB/sec data connection, voice is rock solid. It also supports
wifi hotspot.

Also they have another promo going where if I refer a person, I get
a bonus and you get a $20 credit for a future renewal. If anyone is
interested, post something here and we can figure out how to connect
so I can refer you.

ItsJoan NotJoann

Dec 2, 2018, 4:23:29 PM12/2/18
On Sunday, December 2, 2018 at 11:33:47 AM UTC-6, tra...@optonline.net wrote:

> Mint Mobile is a prepaid VMNO operating on Tmobile. If you have good Tmobile
> coverage in your area, it will have the same reception, signal strength, etc.
> Right now they are offering a special deal, $20 for the first 3 months
> of unlimited voice and text, 5GB of data. After that, they have low cost
> plans.
>
> they have another promo going where if I refer a person, I get
> a bonus and you get a $20 credit for a future renewal. If anyone is
> interested, post something here and we can figure out how to connect
> so I can refer you.

Thank you for the spam.

The Real Bev

Dec 2, 2018, 4:58:06 PM12/2/18
It might be a good deal which he gets a kickback on, and he's telling us
up front. Not exactly spam.

I love my Ooma device for VOIP. Everybody with an internet landline
should have one instead of the phone plan the ISP offers. Every once in
a while they send me email about a price much better than what we paid
AND offering me a $20 bribe for referrals. I don't give a shit about
the bribe but apparently a referral is necessary. I used to post these
deals, but since nobody was ever interested I don't bother any more.

I also recommend a Sentry 2 device, which completely eliminates any
awareness of robocalls whatsoever, and greatly diminishes normal
telemarketer calls -- the only ones who actually ring through are lying
bastards that you can blacklist after blowing your police whistle in
their ears. Maybe one of those every 3 months. I get NO kickback from
Sentry.

Not enough traffic here to bother with policing.

--
Cheers, Bev
"Even Islamic terrorists don't hate America like liberals do.

tra...@optonline.net

Dec 2, 2018, 6:03:46 PM12/2/18
On Sunday, December 2, 2018 at 4:58:06 PM UTC-5, The Real Bev wrote:
> On 12/02/2018 01:23 PM, ItsJoan NotJoann wrote:
> > On Sunday, December 2, 2018 at 11:33:47 AM UTC-6, tra...@optonline.net wrote:
> >>
> >> Mint Mobile is a prepaid VMNO operating on Tmobile. If you have good Tmobile
> >> coverage in your area, it will have the same reception, signal strength, etc.
> >> Right now they are offering a special deal, $20 for the first 3 months
> >> of unlimited voice and text, 5GB of data. After that, they have low cost
> >> plans.
> >>
> >> they have another promo going where if I refer a person, I get
> >> a bonus and you get a $20 credit for a future renewal. If anyone is
> >> interested, post something here and we can figure out how to connect
> >> so I can refer you.
> >>
> > Thank you for the spam.
>
> It might be a good deal which he gets a kickback on, and he's telling us
> up front. Not exactly spam.

Thank you. IMO it's a great, low cost deal for prepaid cellular and last time I checked, that's what this group is about. And this is the first time I ever posted about it, so I don't know what the alleged problem is.

> I love my Ooma device for VOIP. Everybody with an internet landline
> should have one instead of the phone plan the ISP offers. Every once in
> a while they send me email about a price much better than what we paid
> AND offering me a $20 bribe for referrals. I don't give a shit about
> the bribe but apparently a referral is necessary. I used to post these
> deals, but since nobody was ever interested I don't bother any more.

I have Ooma too and agree.

> I also recommend a Sentry 2 device, which completely eliminates any
> awareness of robocalls whatsoever, and greatly diminishes normal
> telemarketer calls -- the only ones who actually ring through are lying
> bastards that you can blacklist after blowing your police whistle in
> their ears. Maybe one of those every 3 months. I get NO kickback from
> Sentry.
>
> Not enough traffic here to bother with policing.

Idk who would do the policing on an unmoderated group and it would be a pretty useless group if people can't share good deals on specific products that can save a lot of money.

Dennis

Dec 3, 2018, 4:14:53 PM12/3/18
On Sun, 2 Dec 2018 13:58:01 -0800, The Real Bev <bashl...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>I love my Ooma device for VOIP. Everybody with an internet landline
>should have one instead of the phone plan the ISP offers. Every once in
>a while they send me email about a price much better than what we paid
>AND offering me a $20 bribe for referrals. I don't give a shit about
>the bribe but apparently a referral is necessary. I used to post these
>deals, but since nobody was ever interested I don't bother any more.

We use an Obihai 200 VOIP device with a Google Voice number for a home
phone. No monthly fee (not even the "required" taxes that Ooma and
others make you pay!), free long distance in the US and Canada,
voicemail, etc. Google Voice also has a lot of filtering/forwarding
features that are nice once you figure out how to configure them. If
you want/need E911 service on the home phone, it can be added for
$25/year (via Anveo) - I opted to add that and it works.

BTW, we tried an Ooma a while back (before the Obihai), but it did not
work very well for us. (In defense of Ooma, it turned out it was the
ISP. We have new, better internet service since then.) So we donated
the Ooma to the local community library so they could dump their
expensive Century Link landline. They are happy with it.

Just another option.

Dennis (evil)
--
My output is down, my income is up, I take a short position on the long bond and
my revenue stream has its own cash flow. -George Carlin

The Real Bev

Dec 3, 2018, 11:02:45 PM12/3/18
On 12/03/2018 01:14 PM, Dennis wrote:
> On Sun, 2 Dec 2018 13:58:01 -0800, The Real Bev <bashl...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>I love my Ooma device for VOIP. Everybody with an internet landline
>>should have one instead of the phone plan the ISP offers. Every once in
>>a while they send me email about a price much better than what we paid
>>AND offering me a $20 bribe for referrals. I don't give a shit about
>>the bribe but apparently a referral is necessary. I used to post these
>>deals, but since nobody was ever interested I don't bother any more.
>
> We use an Obihai 200 VOIP device with a Google Voice number for a home
> phone. No monthly fee (not even the "required" taxes that Ooma and
> others make you pay!), free long distance in the US and Canada,
> voicemail, etc. Google Voice also has a lot of filtering/forwarding
> features that are nice once you figure out how to configure them. If
> you want/need E911 service on the home phone, it can be added for
> $25/year (via Anveo) - I opted to add that and it works.
>
> BTW, we tried an Ooma a while back (before the Obihai), but it did not
> work very well for us. (In defense of Ooma, it turned out it was the
> ISP. We have new, better internet service since then.) So we donated
> the Ooma to the local community library so they could dump their
> expensive Century Link landline. They are happy with it.
>
> Just another option.

Whatever works! When AT&T got up to ~$30/month for ONLY local service
(no need for LD and still don't) we were really glad to find the Ooma.
$4.xx/month is reasonable.

If you get enough telemarketer calls to be annoying, check out the
Sentry 2. Blessed silence...

--
Cheers, Bev
"I don't care who your father is! Drop that cross

Dennis

Dec 5, 2018, 12:09:50 PM12/5/18
On Mon, 3 Dec 2018 20:02:41 -0800, The Real Bev <bashl...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Whatever works! When AT&T got up to ~$30/month for ONLY local service
>(no need for LD and still don't) we were really glad to find the Ooma.
>$4.xx/month is reasonable.
>
>If you get enough telemarketer calls to be annoying, check out the
>Sentry 2. Blessed silence...

Between the filtering features of Google Voice and some call blocking
features of our home phone HW, we don't get very many junk calls.
(Quite a few in the months before the election though. Jerks.)

Dennis (evil)
--
I'm behind the eight ball, ahead of the curve, riding the wave,
dodging the bullet and pushing the envelope. -George Carlin