Re: Getting scammed on glasses

Message has been deleted

Rod Speed

Jan 18, 2011, 8:51:05 PM1/18/11
Sherry wrote:

> (Please READ the entire post before hitting REPLY, THANKS!)

Get stuffed.

> Just ordered a second identical pair of eyeglasses without the "UV"
> and "ANTI-SCRATCH" coatings (read screw you for $20 more coatings?)

> Was previously also charged an extra $10 for "HI-INDEX" Lenses.

> Supposedly the hi-index lenses are thinner and lighter.

> I can tell no difference in size, looks or visual acuity in the
> second pair for which I was charged $20 less for no coatings
> and $10 less for lenses that look and feel IDENTICAL.

Your problem.

> can we spell S-C-A-M?

Or they dont bother to do them without the coating.

Thats not a scam, just a sensible way of doing business.

> Anyone know how I can get this verified by an optical lab

Ask them if they can do that, until you find one that will bother.

> or doctor?

Unlikely you will find any of those that will do that for free.

> Would really like to get my $60 back that I wasted on
> those other glasses which I now believe are the same
> as the ones I ordered without the scam extras.

You can try the small claims court, which will likely tell you to go and fuck yourself.

Message has been deleted

Rod Speed

Jan 19, 2011, 9:40:28 PM1/19/11
heyrod wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote
>> Sherry wrote

>> Get stuffed.

>> Your problem.

>>> can we spell S-C-A-M?

>>> or doctor?

> Hey Rod, forgot your meds?

Nope. You obviously didnt forget your ear to ear dog shit.

Must be hard to do that given the smell.

Jeff Thies

Jan 19, 2011, 10:41:34 PM1/19/11
On 1/18/2011 7:21 PM, Sherry wrote:
> (Please READ the entire post before hitting REPLY, THANKS!)
>
> Just ordered a second identical pair of eyeglasses without the "UV" and
> "ANTI-SCRATCH" coatings (read screw you for $20 more coatings?)
>
> Was previously also charged an extra $10 for "HI-INDEX" Lenses.
>
> Supposedly the hi-index lenses are thinner and lighter.
>
> I can tell no difference in size, looks or visual acuity in the second pair

Visual acuity I wouldn't think would be affected by either anti-scratch
or UV coatings. Why would you think so?

The high index should be most noticeable with a heavy prescription.
Little reason to get it if you don't, but if your eyesite is bad, then
anything to thin the glasses out is a big help in not only weight, but
in how well you see out of them.

> for which I was charged $20 less for no coatings and $10 less for lenses
> that look and feel IDENTICAL.
>

> can we spell S-C-A-M?

You could have spent less, but you wanted the "best". The best isn't
always what you expect. I rarely get the bonus features myself, but my
standards are different. I don't buy more than I need. Do you buy the
extended warranties? Now, that's a scam.

Anyone know how I can get this verified by an

> optical lab or doctor? Would really like to get my $60 back that I wasted
> on those other glasses

Posting in usenet probably won't help there.

Jeff

Jeff Thies

Jan 19, 2011, 10:45:34 PM1/19/11
On 1/19/2011 4:54 PM, heyrod wrote:
> "Rod Speed"<rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote in
> Hey Rod, forgot your meds?

Hmm, you don't know Rod do you?

Jeff

Barry Gibbs Obama

Jan 24, 2011, 5:12:50 AM1/24/11
On Wed, 19 Jan 2011 08:21:08 +0800, Sherry <She...@sherrybaby.org> wrote:

> (Please READ the entire post before hitting REPLY, THANKS!)
>

> Just ordered a second identical pair of eyeglasses without the "UV" and
> "ANTI-SCRATCH" coatings (read screw you for $20 more coatings?)
>
> Was previously also charged an extra $10 for "HI-INDEX" Lenses.
>
> Supposedly the hi-index lenses are thinner and lighter.
>
> I can tell no difference in size, looks or visual acuity in the second
> pair
> for which I was charged $20 less for no coatings and $10 less for lenses
> that look and feel IDENTICAL.
>

> can we spell S-C-A-M? Anyone know how I can get this verified by an
> optical lab or doctor? Would really like to get my $60 back that I wasted

> on those other glasses which I now believe are the same as the ones I
> ordered without the scam extras.

It could be that your optician gets all the eyeglasses with the "special"
features and takes the chance that most people can be talked into paying
extra. It may be a hassle for him to specify UV/Anti-scratch/Hi-index
for each pair he orders from his supplier.

Sorta like Bauche & Lomb had a lot of people upset when word got out
that they were selling daily disposable lenses much cheaper than their
regular lenses when they were one and the same.

Did you get cheated? That's debatable; you got what you paid for, right?