Shopping around: Tai Chi vs. Buddhism vs. Beach Cruiser Philosophy

1 view

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

Apr 30, 2011, 11:54:36 AM4/30/11
Supposed you were shopping around for RELAXATION & WISDOM, what are
the three main paths to enlightenment?

Buddhism is good but you don't move, and Tai Chi needs a teacher and
mental discipline. Beach Cruiser Philosophy, on the other hand,
embraces the beach cruiser and the hammock. What can be better than
riding a bike away from traffic and later resting on a hammock? Notice
you need a tree like Buddha to complement happiness.

Today is Tai Chi Day, which is the reason I write this, but we must
say every day is good to ride a bike. I leave you with a nice relaxing
view of the Netherlands...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkPbTvJZFSI

"Happy survival in the jungle!"

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

May 1, 2011, 10:48:44 AM5/1/11
[My Philosophy not always finds friendly place to ride. But hey, it's
not my fault!]

Hey, let me tell about my adventures last night and how I got to see
the last part of the show:

(there are good news and bad news, first the bad news)

We loaded the bicycles on the car... and the car wouldn't start.
Staying in the cage is NOT an option. PLAN B: ride the bikes on the
dangerous grinding sidewalks to South Beach. It is said there's only
one thing more dangerous than riding on sidewalks: riding on sidewalks
AGAINST traffic, but it was the only solution from 65 ST to 23 ST. It
was grinding and dangerous and we found ourselves STUCK WITH
PEDESTRIANS and RIDING HEAD-ON against traffic at times. NO MORE!!! I
shouted at some passerbys, "Sorry, no place to ride on the road!" but
a lady thought I was drunk instead of frustrated --a comment my
girlfriend in the back was able to hear. Next time I just bump them.

Well, we enjoyed the Tragic Symphony without a tragedy. We relaxed and
were happy to be alive, and the outdoor performance is something we
have to commend the city for. The palm trees moving in the wind lends
a dramatic effect to the symphonic effect --or so it seems to me.

Now everything went uphill --not downhill-- from there. We went to a
restaurant and pigged out --something only a good bicycle ride could
help. True to the Wisdom of the Jungle, we kept looking for a hidden
path --something not exactly made for it-- and we found it...

(TO BE CONTINUED)

dgk

May 2, 2011, 4:08:38 PM5/2/11
On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 08:54:36 -0700 (PDT), "His Highness the
<comandan...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>"Happy survival in the jungle!"
>
>http://webspawner.com/users/BANANAREVOLUTION

Very nice. I see that no one wears a helmet. Apparently if you aren't
being chased around by cars, a helmet is no longer necessary.
Reasonable. No Ebikes either although there were a few gas powered
things early in the video.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

May 2, 2011, 9:12:20 PM5/2/11
On May 2, 4:08 pm, dgk <d...@somewhere.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 08:54:36 -0700 (PDT), "His Highness the
> TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher"
>
> <comandante.ban...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >"Happy survival in the jungle!"
>
> >http://webspawner.com/users/BANANAREVOLUTION
>
> Very nice. I see that no one wears a helmet. Apparently if you aren't
> being chased around by cars, a helmet is no longer necessary.
> Reasonable. No Ebikes either although there were a few gas powered
> things early in the video.

Good point. I only wear helmet at night 'cause is cool.

I've seen a few roundabouts pop up around here, but nobody has a clue
who goes first, not even with the yield sign. ;)

Derek G.

May 4, 2011, 1:08:04 PM5/4/11

Trouble is they have top keep stopping to put a shilling in the meter.

Derek G

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

May 4, 2011, 5:52:43 PM5/4/11
On May 4, 1:08 pm, Derek G. <der...@miniac.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> On Mon, 02 May 2011 16:08:38 -0400, dgk <d...@somewhere.com> wrote:
> >On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 08:54:36 -0700 (PDT), "His Highness the
> >TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher"
> ><comandante.ban...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >>-------------------------------------------------------------
>
> >>"Happy survival in the jungle!"
>
> >>http://webspawner.com/users/BANANAREVOLUTION
>
> >Very nice. I see that no one wears a helmet. Apparently if you aren't
> >being chased around by cars, a helmet is no longer necessary.
> >Reasonable. No Ebikes either although there were a few gas powered
> >things early in the video.
>
> Trouble is they have top keep stopping to put a shilling in the meter.
>
> Derek G

The roundabouts were sold here as a British import as a solution for
all. But wait, the comments from the UK at the video say they are not
observed as far as preference for cyclists goes. I guess it takes some
Dutch engineering to make them work that way. Now we have the three
experts here so there's some hope.

A CYCLIST CAN NOT WAIT AT LIGHTS, that's for sure.

moronsbegone

May 12, 2011, 10:44:40 AM5/12/11
dgk <d...@somewhere.com> wrote in

If it's a hundred degrees outside I don't wear anything.

--
May You reep the poverrty You have Voted for.

Tºm Shermªn™ °_°

May 14, 2011, 3:57:45 AM5/14/11

My eyes! :(

--