Unlikely event

The Real Bev

Apr 8, 2010, 1:12:56 AM4/8/10
I stopped at the 99-Cents-Only Store today. When I came out there was a
Boxster in the parking lot -- taking up two spaces, of course.

--
Cheers, Bev
Far away in a strange land

Message has been deleted

Al

Apr 8, 2010, 7:38:03 AM4/8/10

I suspect most that park that way do so as a way to protect their
vehicle, which they feel is better than yours. They don't think you
can drive as carefully as they do either. Others may park that way
simply for attention. If they are way out at the back of the parking
lot where lots of empty spaces exist, I have no objection. If they
were out that far, they would not have to park sideways to protect
their vehicle.

Bill

Apr 8, 2010, 9:45:51 AM4/8/10
"The Real Bev" wrote in message

>I stopped at the 99-Cents-Only Store today. When I came out there was a
>Boxster in the parking lot -- taking up two spaces, of course.

Well I always say there might be two possibilities when you see an expensive
car parked in front of a mansion...

1. They are rich because it is an expensive car and house.

2. They are poor because they spent all their money on the expensive car and
house!

Message has been deleted

jgar the jorrible

Apr 8, 2010, 12:59:06 PM4/8/10

Of course, if it is at the 99-cent store, they are rich because they
are cheap! Oh sorry mcf-l, I mean frugal.

jg
--
@home.com is bogus.
"Just because a couple of guys in bathrobes fry up steaks on a

The Real Bev

Apr 9, 2010, 12:22:11 AM4/9/10
On 04/08/2010 09:59 AM, jgar the jorrible wrote:

> On Apr 8, 6:45 am, "Bill"<billnomailnosp...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> "The Real Bev" wrote in message
>>
>> >I stopped at the 99-Cents-Only Store today. When I came out there was a
>> >Boxster in the parking lot -- taking up two spaces, of course.
>>
>> Well I always say there might be two possibilities when you see an expensive
>> car parked in front of a mansion...
>>
>> 1. They are rich because it is an expensive car and house.
>>
>> 2. They are poor because they spent all their money on the expensive car and
>> house!
>
> Of course, if it is at the 99-cent store, they are rich because they
> are cheap! Oh sorry mcf-l, I mean frugal.

That seems like a possibility, but I would have to question why anybody with
enough brains to be frugal/cheap would be dumb enough to invest serious money
in such a car and then park it in a bad neighborhood (yeah, this store IS in a
relatively bad neighborhood) where somebody might key it or pee on it or steal
it. Suppose somebody who knows the owner stole it and then parked it there to
get even with him?

People who look down on the 99-Cents-Only Store are hopeless posers!

Message has been deleted

Nick Naim

Apr 10, 2010, 10:17:00 PM4/10/10

"The Real Bev" <bashle...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>I stopped at the 99-Cents-Only Store today. When I came out there was a
>Boxster in the parking lot -- taking up two spaces, of course.
I pee on them as they usually park in the back of the lot.
They provide cover for my emergencies.

Jeff Thies

Apr 12, 2010, 10:48:47 AM4/12/10
The Real Bev wrote:
> On 04/08/2010 09:59 AM, jgar the jorrible wrote:

>>> was a
>>>
>>> Well I always say there might be two possibilities when you see an
>>> expensive
>>> car parked in front of a mansion...
>>>
>>> 1. They are rich because it is an expensive car and house.
>>>
>>> 2. They are poor because they spent all their money on the expensive
>>> car and
>>> house!
>>
>> Of course, if it is at the 99-cent store, they are rich because they
>> are cheap! Oh sorry mcf-l, I mean frugal.
>
> That seems like a possibility, but I would have to question why anybody
> with enough brains to be frugal/cheap would be dumb enough to invest
> serious money in such a car and then park it in a bad neighborhood
> (yeah, this store IS in a relatively bad neighborhood) where somebody
> might key it or pee on it or steal it.

I see it in cultural terms. I see a lot of very nice cars owned by
people that spent their money on the car. It's not unusual. Some when
they get in financial problems will try to save their home, some, the
car. I see relatively poor people in nice cars blocking parking lots /
streets all the time. It may be that all the self esteem is locked up in
the car that there is little left for how it affects others. The power
of the car in America can not be underestimated.

Jeff