Clogged vacuum hose?

Devo

Feb 26, 2009, 2:30:37 PM2/26/09
I always liked to un-clog the hose by reversing the flow.
but cutting a plastic jug "mouth" to fit is just right for sealing the
business end to the vacuum inlet.
try it , you might like it.
--
It's amazing what you can do. If...
you put your mind to it.

DemoDisk

Mar 4, 2009, 1:23:23 AM3/4/09

"Devo" <george...@humboldt1.com> wrote in message

The powerful motor of our vacuum had packed new-carpet lint so densely
that I thought the machine had failed. I had to fish out clumps of lint
from the hose with one of those 3-prong grabbers.

That done, the vac is much quieter and the carpets finally get clean.

elaich

Mar 4, 2009, 9:41:36 AM3/4/09
"DemoDisk" <pac...@nospam.com> wrote in

> The powerful motor of our vacuum had packed new-carpet lint so densely
> that I thought the machine had failed. I had to fish out clumps of lint
> from the hose with one of those 3-prong grabbers.

Both of you have the right idea about fishing or blowing out the clog.
Trying to go the direction of the flow only compacts it. At my vacuum
repair shop, we use a piece of flexible electrical conduit which has one
end with a hook formed on it. It works like a roto-rooter.