Smart move: Dutch abandon Afghanistan

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock

Aug 1, 2010, 9:55:05 PM8/1/10
Leave Afghanistan for nations that want to build nations other than
their own. Some countries want to pacify Afghanistan, but then not
even their backyard is secure. Mexico is sinking into chaos, and their
own cities are walled for security.

"Dutch become 1st NATO member to quit Afghanistan"

KABUL, Afghanistan – The Netherlands became the first NATO country to
end its combat mission in Afghanistan, drawing the curtain Sunday on a
four-year operation that was deeply unpopular at home and even brought
down a Dutch government.

***

The Dutch are busy building bike facilities for their citizens, and
someday we may truly need them to do nation building based around the
bicycle.

"Bicycles Against Poverty (BAP) Project"

http://www.dosomething.org/project/bicycle-against-poverty-bap-project

THE WISE TIBETAN MONKEY SAYS

"Bicycle is the smart way to go to pacify the world"

VFW

Aug 3, 2010, 11:27:28 PM8/3/10
In article
<01750e9c-d916-41c3...@v6g2000prd.googlegroups.com>,
"His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of
Tantra-Hammock" <nolionn...@yahoo.com> wrote:

thanks for the good news. Others to follow?
--
Money! What a concept.

Derek C

Aug 4, 2010, 1:42:48 AM8/4/10
On Aug 4, 4:27 am, VFW <george...@toast.net> wrote:
> In article
> <01750e9c-d916-41c3-bdec-71f7d2194...@v6g2000prd.googlegroups.com>,
> Money! What a concept.- Hide quoted text -

Nobody in recent history has ever successfully invaded and controlled
Afghanistan, even the greatest Superpowers of their day (Russia,
British Empire, etc), so why should the Yanks and the modern day Brits
do any better? This was a fool's errand dreamed up by that fool George
W Bush and his pet poodle crony Tony Blair. If it was intended to
suppress terrorism, it has had entirely the opposite effect.

David

Aug 4, 2010, 8:37:41 AM8/4/10
"Derek C" <del.co...@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message

> Nobody in recent history has ever successfully invaded and controlled
> Afghanistan, even the greatest Superpowers of their day (Russia,
> British Empire, etc), so why should the Yanks and the modern day Brits
> do any better? This was a fool's errand dreamed up by that fool George
> W Bush and his pet poodle crony Tony Blair. If it was intended to
> suppress terrorism, it has had entirely the opposite effect.

.....and the whole British intervention voted for by the Tories and 'New
Labour'.

Sir Jeremy

Aug 4, 2010, 11:24:31 AM8/4/10
On 2 Aug, 02:55, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the

Movement of Tantra-Hammock" <nolionnoprob...@yahoo.com> wrote:

I'll bet you were a draft dodger

VFW

Aug 4, 2010, 11:33:20 PM8/4/10
In article
<f6194b40-7176-4a3d...@i31g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,
Derek C <del.co...@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

actually , it was the dream of the Neo-Cons. bush was just a shill.
the goal . and they are making progress is to have a presence there to
keep an eye on Oil, a pipeline and Pakistan's Nukes.

Derek C

Aug 5, 2010, 1:20:10 AM8/5/10
On Aug 4, 1:37 pm, "David" <n...@selectfire.co.uk> wrote:
> "Derek C" <del.copel...@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message

Only because they were fooled by the 'Tony knows best' rhetoric. The
Lib-Dems voted against the interventions in Iraq and Afghanistan and
several New Labour cabinet ministers resigned over these issues,
including Claire Short and Robin Cook.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock

Aug 5, 2010, 10:25:18 AM8/5/10
On Aug 3, 8:27 pm, VFW <george...@toast.net> wrote:
> In article
> <01750e9c-d916-41c3-bdec-71f7d2194...@v6g2000prd.googlegroups.com>,

Just stay away from it all and ride a bike whenever is safe. If you
are willing to give your life for a cause, ride a bike and let others
know.

I don't think it's illegal to commit suicide in a bike.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock

Aug 5, 2010, 10:26:09 AM8/5/10

It was meant to INTIMIDATE the world and burn the extra cash lying
around.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock

Aug 5, 2010, 10:27:16 AM8/5/10

If there was a draft... there would be no war.

The middle classes supported the war because their children stayed
home.

Derek C

Aug 6, 2010, 2:28:49 AM8/6/10
On Aug 5, 3:26 pm, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the
> around.- Hide quoted text -

Is that why both the US and the UK now have huge National debts?

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock

Aug 6, 2010, 10:20:13 AM8/6/10

I think it is the cause actually. They never said the price of the war
upfront. They could have taxed the gasoline and say it was for the
war. But no, they decided to borrow.