Re: ?? Anybody buy tea online?

Message has been deleted

Dee

Jun 5, 2011, 8:17:27 AM6/5/11
Derald <der...@invalid.net> wrote in
news:juSdnXXv0twcNXfQ...@earthlink.com:

> On recommendation of another mcf-l-er, I have been buying tea
> from
> Specialteas. Unfortunately they've been bought by Teavana, a
> toney, oh-so-PC, save-the-worlder (they contribute to CARE, fer
> chrissakes!) mall vendor with what appears to be an online annex;
> Californians, no doubt. Unfortunately, the good vibes come from a
> serious reduction in selection and an approximate tripling of
> price; not my bag, tee-hee.
> Any readers here satisfied customers of some other, not quite
> so new age,
> straightforward tea vendor who'll recommend it to a curmudgeon who
> just wants a decent selection of quality teas of verifiable
> origin, a minimum of feelgood BS and decent service? I promise not
> to give them your name, LOL!

I think that might have been me? I've been mourning the passing of
SpecialTeas, too. When they were having their sales around Xmas, I
purchased a few pounds of my favorites. I'm still in the process of
steeping my way through those, so I haven't had to find another
vendor yet.

A long long time ago I tried Upton Tea http://www.uptontea.com/
So maybe I'll try them again when I am ready.

Other sites I have bookmarked but haven't tried yet:
Adagio Tea http://www.adagio.com/
Chado Tea http://www.chadotea.com/

Dee

Message has been deleted

Dee

Jun 6, 2011, 8:40:39 AM6/6/11

> Dee <d@d.d> wrote:
>
>>I think that might have been me? I've been mourning the passing
>>of SpecialTeas, too.

> Indeed. I definitely will check out the links. Neither am I
> "out" of tea
> but after an attack of "be prepared" during which I ordered next
> year's garlic and this fall's seeds, I decided to peruse the
> Specialteas site and, maybe, learn a little something. Lordy, what
> a dismal "Oh, No" moment that was....
> Did a little light-duty googling this morning and, so far,
> the sites below
> have made the first cut. Of course, I can't vouch for any of them:
><http://www.imperialteagarden.com/Black_Tea.html>
><http://www.primatea.com/>
><http://www.davidstea.com/black-tea>
><http://www.teaflection.com/>
><http://www.cupteavity.com/>

Cool, thanks! I'll check those out, too.

Cheers,
Dee