On car dealerships (a way they can get more business)

leno...@yahoo.com

Nov 12, 2013, 6:49:15 PM11/12/13

http://www.refugees.bratfree.com/read.php?2,337181

Excerpts from thread:

(by 20cats)

"The car place has been calling and emailing to try to get us to buy a new car. Dammit, when I got the telephone, I forgot to tell them what I thought up!

"Here it is: We will gladly buy a brand new car from you IF you sign a legitimate contract stating that you will never let a brat near us when we are in the waiting room while the car is being serviced. If you fail to adhere to the contract, then the car will be given to us FREE!

"What do you think?"

Response by canadiandragons:

"I think it's a solid idea, but phrase it more professionally. If you get read as a cranky old coot, they won't take you seriously. Here's what I would say:

" 'We are interested in continuing to do business with you, but we have had some bad experiences in your waiting area, and this gives us pause. There has been a rash of unsupervised, badly behaved children in there while we are waiting, and both my husband and myself have found waiting there to be both distressing and highly irritating. As business owners, it is your responsibility to set limits on the behaviour of those on your property. If you can guarantee us that this issue will be dealt with, then we can continue doing business together.'

"Professional, calm, lay out the problem and the solution, offer the carrot. You get taken so much more seriously!"

(end)

Lenona.