Frugality is not politics, frugality is morality

TheTibetanMonkey

Jan 25, 2010, 10:02:15 AM1/25/10
(This has to do with the simple but dangerous fact of riding a bike.
But you can be frugal in many other ways)

On Jan 25, 4:50 am, Larry <no...@home.com> wrote:
> TheTibetanMonkey <comandante.ban...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:75ec9075-1892-
> 4c2e-907b-e1c9f155e...@a32g2000yqm.googlegroups.com:
>
> > theists and Free Thinkers are smart people inclined to science, and
> > since the overwhelming majority of scientists believe in both
> > EVOLUTION & CLIMATE CHANGE, I don't think there's a single atheist
> > that denies climate change... If there was one, he would be to be
> > mighty stupid or drive an SUV for denying the obvious.
>
> Nice troll, asshole.....
>
> http://www.petitionproject.org/
> Of the 34,000+ who have signed on, a large number are atheists.
>
> One is about science.
>
> Global Warming is about POLITICS.

You better tell me what kind of politics, monkey. (I call you so since
you are aware of evolution, overpopulation and abuse of resources).

The only POLITICS in the jungle ruled by the HUNGRY LION is that of
waste. The more waste the better. Frugality is not politics, FRUGALITY
IS MORALITY.

I think you should go and worship Jesus if you are that stupid.

"Frugality is a good thing in the jungle, except for the hungry lion"

TheTibetanMonkey showing-the-path-of-enlightenment-in-the-jungle

Jan 28, 2010, 10:23:48 AM1/28/10
On Jan 28, 9:47 am, default <defa...@defaulter.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 20:20:29 -0800 (PST), TheTibetanMonkey
>

> <comandante.ban...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >Mary just pretends to be holy and it's fake.
>
> >Anyway, there are two issues that we must control. The first one is
> >OVERCONSUMPTION, the second one is OVERPOPULATION. The Dalai can't
> >say it more clearly, which is why I'm here. We need to address though
> >the problem of EDUCATION, which is the first step toward population
> >control, unless we want to go the Chinese way of quotas...
>
> >What can we do in the West though? Our problem is NOT overpopulation
> >or lack of education, just plain GREED fed by the hungry lion...
>
> >"Over-consumption is a theory related to overpopulation, referring to
> >situations where per capita consumption is so high that even in spite
> >of a moderate population density, sustainability is not achieved."
>
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overconsumption
>
> The problem I see with those ideas is placing consumption ahead of
> population. Consumption seems like a symptom of population.
>
> How would you decide what the optimal balance of consumption is, per
> unit population?
>
> That raises several other questions. What standard of living is
> tolerable or desirable? Realizing more people will invariably mean a
> lower standard of living for all?
>
> Do we live in hovels constructed of mud and twigs, while foregoing all
> creature comforts to make sustaining the largest human population
> possible - or the techno extreme: sustained on life support while
> stimulated electronically?
>
> Bicycles do take an enormous amount of energy to produce and are
> polluting to the environment - not like cars perhaps, but not exactly
> benign either. It does take a fairly large infrastructure to support
> manufacturing to make bikes.
>
> Then how old are you, and where do you live? A bike is great if you
> don't have far to travel to meet your needs, are physically capable of
> getting around, and don't have to pedal up a 8,000 foot hill to get to
> work. A city dweller could get by with a bicycle or public
> transportation - if you like living in cities. Even then there's a
> price to pay to move food, fuel, goods and water in and waste out.
>
> Who and how do those decisions get made? And how do you keep the
> people making them honest?
>
> Then, what works in a mild climate won't work in a less forgiving one.
> A small population on a tropical island may not need anything at all
> to live very well.
>
> Greed is the problem? Overpopulation is a manifestation of greed.
>
> Why do people overpopulate? I hear a lot of "reasons" for having
> children, but those reasons sound more like justifications.
>
> Unborn people consume far less than born ones.
>
> The choice is a few people living well, or many people living poorly -
> damage to the environment (or "sustainability") is the same for either
> choice.

The minute I see a monkey in an SUV, or a house with 5 rooms for 3
people I realize that's over-consumption. SUVs particularly are
conspicuous signs of over-consumption.

A car is reasonable,and a bike is the best. It should be a reason for
pride to ride a bike, not the other way around, like it is now in this
Christian world of happy sheep driving SUVs.