Are you getting lower credit card rates?

James

Dec 26, 2008, 12:39:14 PM12/26/08
In August my Chase card changed from 21% to 16%+prime. I don't know
what prime is but I assume it must be a lot lower now than August.

What is your interest rate now?

Strider

Dec 26, 2008, 2:21:49 PM12/26/08
"James" <j006...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> In August my Chase card changed from 21% to 16%+prime. I don't know
> what prime is but I assume it must be a lot lower now than August.
>
> What is your interest rate now?

Since we pay our card bills in full each month, we've paid no interest for
several years.

In fact, given the rebates we get, our rate is a *negative* number. For the
Discover card that rebates 5% of the first $100 of gasoline purchases, -5%
(assuming we don't use the card for anything else and don't exceed the $100
limit). For the MC that rebates 1% of everything we charge toward our home
mortgage, either -1% or -5.875% (the flip side of our mortgage rate).

Strider

Elesee

Dec 27, 2008, 3:42:39 AM12/27/08

I use MC and Visa, and I don't know. Visa gives me an annual rebate,
so I guess they're paying me. Not paying off credit card balances on a
monthly basis seems a very unfrugal way to live.