making my own couch

1 view

Ohioguy

Apr 4, 2011, 4:58:09 PM4/4/11
I have a bunch of reclaimed 2x4's in my basement, and I'd like to use
them to make an elevated couch - a sort of rear "stadium seating" so we
can have a larger group watch movies up on the wall.

I have the wood and screws, but I'm lacking an idea for what I could
use to make a comfy, padded couch. In other words, what can be used for
rather low cost padding? Thanks!

Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

Apr 4, 2011, 6:41:11 PM4/4/11
In article <4d9a3132$0$17594$882e...@usenet-news.net>, Ohioguy <no...@none.net>
wrote:

Craigslist --> Wanted --> "packing peanuts"?

Rod Speed

Apr 4, 2011, 6:46:59 PM4/4/11
Ohioguy wrote:

Foam doesnt cost much.

Bean bag filling doesnt cost much either.

Lou

Apr 4, 2011, 8:10:24 PM4/4/11
"Ohioguy" <no...@none.net> wrote in message

foam rubber

Vandy Terre

Apr 6, 2011, 8:15:35 PM4/6/11

Low price bed pillows have plastic bags as filler, why not a sofa cushion?
Clean, dry plastic shopping bags tended to overwhelm my home until I began using
them to fill seat cushions for the folding lawn chairs that try to eat the
person attempting to sit in them. Using these cushions makes it easier to get
out of the chairs. Are a comfortable seat. And a ready supply of bags if
needed.

Susan Bugher

Apr 7, 2011, 1:23:42 AM4/7/11

Free is good. :)

Another "free" suggestion. Look at the things you already own. If you have sleeping bags, blankets, pillows, stadium cushions, inflatable rafts etc. that don't get used much could any of those things do double duty as bench padding?

Susan