Downsize or price hike?

James

Feb 11, 2009, 3:37:24 PM2/11/09
Which do you prefer?

In the case of ice creme and pasta sauce I prefer price hike because
it's a bitch dealing with different sizes. I used to eat half of a
half gal ice creme at one sitting. Now I some times end up eating the
whole container of the down sized half gal because after I ate what I
wanted there is too little left for another serving.

Rod Speed

Feb 11, 2009, 5:49:03 PM2/11/09
James wrote:

> Which do you prefer?

The price change.

Thats why you need the golf buggy to get around the supermarket now.

Soon you'll need a truck with a crane built in to get out of the house.

Lou

Feb 11, 2009, 7:33:04 PM2/11/09

"James" <j006...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

In other words, you ate a quart of ice cream (not creme) at once. You could
put the remainder back in the freezer, and the next time finish it off
before opening another container to complete your snack.

I love ice cream, and I can see how it's possible to eat a quart or even
more at one sitting, but really, would you drink a quart of cream (suitably
sweetened and flavored of course) all in one go?

albu...@mailinator.com

Feb 11, 2009, 8:39:01 PM2/11/09

Either way they are not fooling me. If they raise the price at least
that's an honest move as opposed to trying to trick people with
packaging. I have my limits. When the price goes to high I begin to
look for alternatives. Sometimes the price increase brings an
opportunity to save in a big way with something else or by rethinking
my habits.

Cindy Hamilton

Feb 12, 2009, 12:44:13 PM2/12/09

I eat about a half cup of ice cream at a sitting. I don't care what
the
carton size is. I make my own pasta sauce, so the package sizes
are completely within my control when I portion it out to freeze for
later use.

Cindy Hamilton

Lou

Feb 12, 2009, 8:39:07 PM2/12/09

"Cindy Hamilton" <angelica...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I also make my own ice cream - I know what's in it, it's not much trouble,
and I make only a portion at a time so I don't overeat the stuff. The
hardest part of it all was finding a **small* ice cream maker.

Kayak44

Feb 12, 2009, 10:46:28 PM2/12/09
On Feb 11, 7:33 pm, "Lou" <lpog...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "James" <j0069b...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Not defending eating that much, but I have downed a half-gallon of
Hershey's Moose Tracks in one sitting.

BTW, Hershey's Ice Cream (not affiliated with Hersheys Chocolate Co.)
still comes in a half-gallon container.