Good Samaritans lift truck off the chest of cyclist

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

Jul 13, 2011, 2:07:49 PM7/13/11
Report not abuse
This could be interpreted in many ways but it falls upon my shoulders
to ask the tough questions: WHY DO WE NEED TO DRIVE ENORMOUS VEHICLES?
It would have taken three people to lift a Mini off her chest. What if
there weren't 9 people around?

"Miller fell to the ground, with the truck on top of her. She was
having difficulty breathing, and was turning purple.

That's when IHOP manager Jose Preciado and nine others jumped into
action. The group, which also included a cook and several diners,
teamed up to pull the enormous vehicle off of Miller."

Here you may find more interpretations... (including the customary
"god blessing")

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/samaritans-lift-truck-off-cyclist-132406227.html

"Wisdom of the jungle dictates that you stay away from a bone crushing
elephant"

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

Jul 14, 2011, 12:56:10 PM7/14/11
Report not abuse
On Jul 13, 2:07 pm, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser

Philosopher" <nolionnoprob...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> This could be interpreted in many ways but it falls upon my shoulders
> to ask the tough questions: WHY DO WE NEED TO DRIVE ENORMOUS VEHICLES?
> It would have taken three people to lift a Mini off her chest. What if
> there weren't 9 people around?
>
> "Miller fell to the ground, with the truck on top of her. She was
> having difficulty breathing, and was turning purple.
>
> That's when IHOP manager Jose Preciado and nine others jumped into
> action. The group, which also included a cook and several diners,
> teamed up to pull the enormous vehicle off of Miller."
>
> Here you may find more interpretations... (including the customary
> "god blessing")
>
> http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/samaritans-lift-truck-off-cyclist...

> "Wisdom of the jungle dictates that you stay away from a bone crushing
> elephant"
>
> http://webspawner.com/users/BANANAREVOLUTION

This may look out of place here, but the bottom line is the same: TAX
TRUCKS OUT OF EXISTENCE, well beyond the reach of the middle class.

On Jul 13, 10:39 pm, Billy <Wildbi...@withouta.net> wrote:
> In article
> <cb7921d5-7342-4fd4-9f0b-bcc17bb7a...@hg8g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>,
> "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher"

> > I don't but just I assume that "most" blacks voted for Obama, I assume
> > that most Christians consider Obama evil. Their president was
> > warmongering Bush.
>
> Nearly 25 per cent of U.S. adults - about 30 million - are Catholic and
> 54 per cent of them voted for pro-abortion Obama as opposed to 46 per
> cent for McCain.
>
> 78% of the Jewish vote went to Obama. Jewish support - which made up 2%
> of the overall electorate - has, in recent years, been overwhelmingly
> Democrat; with Al Gore receiving 79% in 2000 and John Kerry 74% in 2004.
>
> Bush probably got the Baptist vote.

It's no surprise that the Free Spirits voted Democrat, the lesser evil
so to speak.

"12% of the vote cast were cast by those of No particular religious
faith, 75% of whom voted for Obama and 23% for McCain."

http://www.christianadc.org/news-and-articles/96-2008-presidential-election-exit-polls-religion-and-voting

It's the hardcore American Taliban that puts Obama as the Devil
himself. Remember also people were just fed up with the Republicans
and their wars. Obama means little change in a system caught up in
corruption and lies. Case in point, Obama said over the debt
negotiations:

"What we're seeing here confirms what the American people think is the
worst about Washington: that everyone is more interested in posturing
and political positioning and protecting their base than solving real
problems."

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-vs-cantor-tempers-flare-debt-ceiling-negotiations-132033325.html

Nobody wants to hear the big truth: PUT AN ENERGY TAX IN PLACE SIMILAR
TO EUROPE, and help close the debt gap. TAX WARS at least. Where are
the people that supported them?

Forrest Hodge

Jul 18, 2011, 5:57:05 PM7/18/11
On 7/13/2011 2:07 PM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser

Perhaps the driver of the truck was a tradesman, or used to the truck to
tow a boat for leisure. The article doesn't mention what kind of truck
it is. Even if the driver of the truck didn't "need" a larger vehicle to
drive to the mall or wherever it's his or her prerogative to drive
whatever he/she wants to drive.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

Jul 18, 2011, 7:08:14 PM7/18/11
On Jul 18, 5:57 pm, Forrest Hodge <f...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/13/2011 2:07 PM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser
>

> Philosopher wrote:
> > This could be interpreted in many ways but it falls upon my shoulders
> > to ask the tough questions: WHY DO WE NEED TO DRIVE ENORMOUS VEHICLES?
> > It would have taken three people to lift a Mini off her chest. What if
> > there weren't 9 people around?
>
> > "Miller fell to the ground, with the truck on top of her. She was
> > having difficulty breathing, and was turning purple.
>
> > That's when IHOP manager Jose Preciado and nine others jumped into
> > action. The group, which also included a cook and several diners,
> > teamed up to pull the enormous vehicle off of Miller."
>
> > Here you may find more interpretations... (including the customary
> > "god blessing")
>
> >http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/samaritans-lift-truck-off-cyclist...

> > "Wisdom of the jungle dictates that you stay away from a bone crushing
> > elephant"
>
> >http://webspawner.com/users/BANANAREVOLUTION
>
> Perhaps the driver of the truck was a tradesman, or used to the truck to
> tow a boat for leisure. The article doesn't mention what kind of truck
> it is. Even if the driver of the truck didn't "need" a larger vehicle to
> drive to the mall or wherever it's his or her prerogative to drive
> whatever he/she wants to drive.

Sorry, you don't need a big fat SUV to get around. I can see the niche
for smaller SUVs but not for the ones to boost your ego and put others
in undue danger.

Minivans do have great capacity without the higher bumpers/big mass.

Forrest Hodge

Jul 18, 2011, 10:13:35 PM7/18/11
On 7/18/2011 7:08 PM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser

Minivans also lack the towing and hauling capacity that a full sized
truck affords. The article also states that it was a pickup truck, not
an SUV.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

Jul 18, 2011, 10:34:06 PM7/18/11

SUVs/PICKUP TRUCKS are trucks and as such they should take a special
license to drive with stiff penalties for speeding and phone use.

They are particularly noxious when they roar their motor next to
cyclists.

Mrcheerful

Jul 19, 2011, 2:18:24 AM7/19/11

The picture was of a multi axle large goods vehicle. Perhaps a garbage
truck.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

Jul 19, 2011, 6:06:42 AM7/19/11

10 people could not lift up a regular garbage truck.

It must have been an ego truck.

"\"T°m Sherm@n >

Jul 24, 2011, 2:50:20 PM7/24/11
On 7/18/2011 4:57 PM, Forrest Hodge wrote:

> Perhaps the driver of the truck was a tradesman, or used to the truck to
> tow a boat for leisure. The article doesn't mention what kind of truck
> it is. Even if the driver of the truck didn't "need" a larger vehicle to
> drive to the mall or wherever it's his or her prerogative to drive
> whatever he/she wants to drive.

I have to haul test equipment off-road on occasion for work. However, I
drive the smallest vehicle that fits my needs (2-door Nissan Frontier
4WD) rather than a full-size, crew cab dually.

I just wish the diesel version was sold in the US, since I could likely
get near 30 mpg instead of high teens. Also, something smaller than the
current mid-size model (mine is a 2002 compact size).

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731°N, 83.985007°W
I am a vehicular cyclist.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

Jul 24, 2011, 10:44:37 PM7/24/11
On Jul 24, 2:50 pm, "T°m Sherm@n" <""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI

To me the perfect SUV is the former Jeep Liberty...

http://www.autonewsinsight.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/jeep-liberty-4.jpg

It was too good for them to keep it.