Re: No frozen yogurt at Krogers

1 view
Message has been deleted

sr

Oct 25, 2009, 2:22:05 PM10/25/09
snip: Wow ! Talk about
> inflation !
=[=[
Inflation? Us old people aren't getting s.s. increases because, they claim,
there isn't any inflation. However, I see
my food of choice has gone up for 33 cents to 47 cents to 118 all in one
year. If this isn't inflation, it must be the weak dollar that is making
this price increases
===========
"Gerry" <xv...@xvx.com> wrote in message
> About 6 years ago I decided I needed to watch my weight and slow down
> on snack food. Such as cake, cookies and candy. To avoid the "good
> stuff" I picked up a gallon container of frozen yogurt at Krogers.
> It had 32 -- 4oz servings. Each serving was 90 calories. I ate
> four of five servings a day and have been able to maintain my weight.
> The cost of a gallon was about $4 (give or take a few cents.)
>
> That means about a gallon a week for 6 years. Imagine my surprise
> when I discovered last week that Krogers is no longer carrying
> gallons of frozen yogurt.
>
> I went to Publix, but all the frozen yogurt they had was packaged in
> one quart tubs and priced at about $4 each. Wow ! Talk about
> inflation !
>
> Does anybody know of any other grocers who might carry the gallon
> containers ?

Les Cargill

Oct 25, 2009, 4:09:44 PM10/25/09
sr wrote:
> snip: Wow ! Talk about
>> inflation !
> =[=[
> Inflation? Us old people aren't getting s.s. increases because, they claim,
> there isn't any inflation. However, I see
> my food of choice has gone up for 33 cents to 47 cents to 118 all in one
> year. If this isn't inflation, it must be the weak dollar that is making
> this price increases
> ===========

You're looking at one blade of grass. They're averaging the entire yard.

<snip>

--
Les Cargill

Al

Oct 25, 2009, 3:46:36 PM10/25/09
On Oct 25, 9:35 am, Gerry <x...@xvx.com> wrote:
> About 6 years ago I decided I needed to watch my weight and slow down
> on snack food. Such as cake, cookies and candy. To avoid the "good
> stuff" I picked up a gallon container of frozen yogurt at Krogers.
> It had 32 -- 4oz servings. Each serving was 90 calories. I ate
> four of five servings a day and have been able to maintain my weight.
> The cost of a gallon was about $4 (give or take a few cents.)
>
> That means about a gallon a week for 6 years. Imagine my surprise
> when I discovered last week that Krogers is no longer carrying
> gallons of frozen yogurt.
>
> I went to Publix, but all the frozen yogurt they had was packaged in
> one quart tubs and priced at about $4 each. Wow ! Talk about
> inflation !
>

> Does anybody know of any other grocers who might carry the gallon
> containers ?

Time to think out of the tub there Gerry. You can buy regular yogurt
and put it in your freezer. ALDI has 8oz. packs for 35¢. Or you can
blend up your own stuff. Get yourself a blender or better yet a
stirring tool like my Braun that has 400 watts. Trow in bananas,
pineapple, apples or apple sauce. Add some water to achieve volume and
consistency. You could even throw in some yogurt.. You've been in a
rut all this time and Kroger has helped you out. You don't need them.
OH, you'd rather pay top price and let someone else do the minimal
labor? You're on your own.

Rod Speed

Oct 25, 2009, 3:55:07 PM10/25/09
sr wrote:
>> Wow ! Talk about inflation !

> Inflation? Us old people aren't getting s.s. increases because, they claim, there isn't any inflation. However, I see

> my food of choice has gone up for 33 cents to 47 cents to 118 all in one year.

What food is that ?

> If this isn't inflation, it must be the weak dollar that is making this price increases

Unlikely that you are eating imported food exclusively, at that price.

And if its imported from china, it wont be the weak dollar
either because their currency is locked to the US dollar.

sr

Oct 25, 2009, 5:31:21 PM10/25/09

"Les Cargill" <lcarg...@comcast.net> wrote in message
There is 2 blades, here,
How come congress gave their aid a raise? if there is no inflation?
BTW, Congress gets 4 times the salary as us avg. PEONS gets, How come? They
always claim cost of living and give themself a raise.

Rod Speed

Oct 25, 2009, 6:20:20 PM10/25/09
sr wrote
> Les Cargill <lcarg...@comcast.net> wrote
>> sr wrote

>>> Inflation? Us old people aren't getting s.s. increases because, they claim, there isn't any inflation. However, I

>>> see my food of choice has gone up for 33 cents to 47 cents to 118 all
>>> in one year. If this isn't inflation, it must be the weak dollar
>>> that is making this price increases

>> You're looking at one blade of grass. They're averaging the entire yard.

> There is 2 blades, here,

Your problem.

> How come congress gave their aid a raise? if there is no inflation?
> BTW, Congress gets 4 times the salary as us avg. PEONS gets, How come?

Because they decide how much they get, stupid.

> They always claim cost of living and give themself a raise.

You were always free to make better provision for your time past working than social security.

sr

Oct 31, 2009, 12:13:37 AM10/31/09

"Rod Speed" <rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> sr wrote:
>>> Wow ! Talk about inflation !
>
>> Inflation? Us old people aren't getting s.s. increases because, they
>> claim, there isn't any inflation. However, I see my food of choice has
>> gone up for 33 cents to 47 cents to 118 all in one year.
>
> What food is that ?
==Canned kidney beans, I have since switched to the dry kidney bean 16
servings for 2.50 a bag, much cheaper . Since the woodstove is going anyway,
no energy cost to cook the dry beans.
=====a win, win situation, after all======

Rod Speed

Oct 31, 2009, 12:51:05 AM10/31/09
sr wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote
>> sr wrote

>>> Inflation? Us old people aren't getting s.s. increases because, they claim, there isn't any inflation. However, I
>>> see my food of choice has gone up for 33 cents to 47 cents to 118 all in one year.

>> What food is that ?

> ==Canned kidney beans, I have since switched to the dry kidney bean 16 servings for 2.50 a bag, much cheaper .

Yeah, thats what I was thinking, you dont usually see permanent
hikes that dramatic in basic foods that cant be fixed by alternatives.

> Since the woodstove is going anyway, no energy cost to cook the dry beans.
> =====a win, win situation, after all======

True.