buy.com $65 purch $200 s&h?

vjp...@at.biostrategist.dot.dot.com

Apr 14, 2010, 8:06:07 PM4/14/10
Did I do something wrong? I thought I got some stuff at a good price
and at checkout, the shipping was almost foru times the price of
merchandise. I hope th eorder didn't go through, I'm pretty sure I
cancelle dit, but I feel bothered by it

- = -
http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm http://www.facebook.com/vasjpan2

The Real Bev

Apr 14, 2010, 8:16:32 PM4/14/10
On 04/14/2010 05:06 PM, vjp...@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com wrote:

> Did I do something wrong? I thought I got some stuff at a good price
> and at checkout, the shipping was almost foru times the price of
> merchandise. I hope th eorder didn't go through, I'm pretty sure I
> cancelle dit, but I feel bothered by it

Anybody who charges you before you know how much shipping will cost is either a
crook or maikes up for the price by inflating the shipping costs. Call your
credit card company and see what they say.

If they can ship cheap stuff from Hong Kong for free, why pay inflated rates
for 'normal' shipping?

--
Cheers, Bev
Far away in a strange land

vjp...@at.biostrategist.dot.dot.com

Apr 14, 2010, 9:51:08 PM4/14/10
I wanted to know if buy.com does this regularly or I mis-used it?

I think it didn't go through. I never pressed "place your order"

I'm still not at peace until I see my credit card statement.

- = -
http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm

The Real Bev

Apr 14, 2010, 10:33:36 PM4/14/10
On 04/14/2010 06:51 PM, vjp...@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com wrote:

> I wanted to know if buy.com does this regularly or I mis-used it?
>
> I think it didn't go through. I never pressed "place your order"

You're probably OK. I've ordered a couple of things from buy.com (Nikon
digicam in 2000 was the first) with no problem. I think everybody sends order
acknowledgments now. I do screen-grabs unless the ack arrives so quickly that
I don't need to.

> I'm still not at peace until I see my credit card statement.

Can't you log in to your CC account and see if you were charged?

Zuke

Apr 15, 2010, 1:23:33 PM4/15/10
On Thu, 15 Apr 2010, vjp...@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com wrote:

> I wanted to know if buy.com does this regularly or I mis-used it?
>
> I think it didn't go through. I never pressed "place your order"
>
> I'm still not at peace until I see my credit card statement.

What was the weight of the item you purchased and how far does it
have to come. Heavy items can certainly cost $200 to ship.

Buy.com is a pretty big concern. I doubt if they are ripping you
off for shipping.