Shrinking Canned Tuna. Smaller, more Expensive

Nove...@aol.com

Nov 26, 2008, 5:13:53 PM11/26/08
Thankyou WallStreet criminals who are ignored and/or praised by our
congress co-conspirators, for causing inflation with all the printing
of money going to the corrupt scumbags.

Canned tuna was 67 cents a can for 6.5 ounces a month or two ago.
Now the cheaperst stuff is 75 cents a can and the scumbags have put it
in a smaller, 5 ounce can !!!

We neeed a French Revolutiuon here. The idiots in congress are just
standing by, watching, saying "Oh, gee, that's too bad. Oh well...."

ares

Nov 26, 2008, 5:27:30 PM11/26/08
Why would it have to be French?
ares

<Nove...@aol.com> wrote in message

BigDog1

Nov 26, 2008, 5:56:40 PM11/26/08

If the idiots in congress don't have more important things to worry
about than the price of canned tuna, we're in bigger trouble than we
think.

Vic Smith

Nov 26, 2008, 7:00:21 PM11/26/08
On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 22:27:30 GMT, "ares" <ar...@verizon.net> wrote:

>Why would it have to be French?
>ares

More colorful. Red.

NoSpa...@lousyisp.gov

Nov 26, 2008, 8:06:43 PM11/26/08
"ares" <ar...@verizon.net> wrote:

>Why would it have to be French?
>ares

It doesn't have to be but if you read Tale of Two Cities you can see
how they put on a really good show. My mind wanders... replace the
bull on Broadway with Mme Guillotine... line the street with
bleachers... the women knitting as the blade falls... the tumbrels
keep rolling to feed the ever more greedy maw of death... Greenspan
screaming "I didn't know"... Paulson, clothes in tatters and dripping
blood from the beatings by irate 401K holders, pretending to fix
things while his buddies continue to raid the larder...

Back to reality, the only people in congress who seem to have the
right attitude are Denis Kucinich, Henry Waxman and (surprisingly) Bob
Barr (the libertarian candidate). Before the election when interviewed
on McNeill-Lehrer he said that the first thing a Barr administration
(dream on!) would do would be to interrogate the Attorney-general as
to why he's not launching a series of prosecutions for fraud. Good
point; why not?

Particularly disappointing was the performance of Barney Frank. He
basically said that all the fat cats would get away with their
millions. IOW he gave up before he started.

And of course the media deserve the wimp award for repeatedly asking
"Have we reached bottom yet?"and "How serious is it?" and supporting
every hair-brained scheme to bail out the wealthy on the grounds that
if we don't there'll be "financial meltdown" (just how does that
"melt[ing]" work). They even have a double standard. They nod gravely
when the pundits say the automakers were ill-prepared and we need a
recovery plan (we do, and they deserve to die too) while no one says
boo about the much bigger Citibank gift. Just where is Citibank's
plan?

And I'd be quite prepared to eat canned tuna--even canned dog food
(and will probably have to) provided the big shots on Wall Street now
and then have to do the same.

Bob F

Nov 27, 2008, 3:45:40 PM11/27/08

"BigDog1" <bigd...@gmail.com> wrote in message

*************************************************8

The problem is, they do have more important things to worry about. If only the
price of tuna was that high on the list.

ares

Nov 28, 2008, 7:43:21 PM11/28/08
Heck, that's what I'm wondering... maybe that's why I voted for the guy.....
but yeah; why are these people getting away with it and we're
footing the bill?
<NoSpa...@LousyISP.gov> wrote in message

> "ares" <ar...@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>>Why would it have to be French?
>>ares

aine...@gmail.com

Nov 28, 2008, 7:48:26 PM11/28/08
owhh GOD!!
how mean there is..
they r just a stupid fellow with no brain..
ignore them we suffer but what to do its like a faith or else..

xoxo,
aineecumi

neway, my secret to release tension is playing this game <a
href=http://www.gamestotal.com> http://www.gamestotal.com </a> <a
href=http://uc.gamestotal.com> http://uc.gamestotal.com </a> <a
href=http://gc.gamestotal.com> http://gc.gamestotal.com </a> <a
href=http://3700ad.gamestotal.com> http://3700ad.gamestotal.com </a>

Cheapo Groovo

Nov 30, 2008, 11:30:14 AM11/30/08
In article <e5c858bd-4811-4a60-b6dd-b6322c28f026
@i18g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, Nove...@aol.com says...
Everything is like that
http://cheapogroovo.vox.com/library/post/same-price-smaller-package.html

Evelyn

Dec 4, 2008, 8:50:11 AM12/4/08

Buy the tuna in the foil bags.
Lots less liquid so more truth to the amount you get compared to what is on
the pkg.
Best Regards,
Evelyn

Rest in a sky-like mind.
Sit like a mountain floating on the earth.
Breathe like the wind circling the world

"Cheapo Groovo" <cc...@nospam.com> wrote in message

Evelyn Leeper

Dec 6, 2008, 5:14:11 PM12/6/08
Evelyn wrote:

> Buy the tuna in the foil bags.
> Lots less liquid so more truth to the amount you get compared to what is
> on the pkg.

But unfortunately it's stopped going on sale around here, so I think
it's still cheaper to buy the cans on sale than the pouches not on sale.

(I really prefer the pouches--they don't require a can opener, and when
you open them, the tuna is already the right shape for a sandwich!)

What irks me (well, my husband, really) is that "chunk light tuna" has
become over the years "mush light tuna" (especially in cans). If you
want tuna with any firmness, you have to buy white tuna, which has less
flavor.

--
Evelyn C. Leeper
Be braver. You cannot cross a chasm in two small jumps.

Evelyn

Dec 6, 2008, 11:02:08 PM12/6/08

"Evelyn Leeper" <ele...@optonline.net> wrote in message

Hi,

I think that the canned tuna has turned out to be a bit of a ripoff, because
there is so much water and the tuna is mushy. Even if it is on sale, I
think you are getting less. Just for the heck of it, buy a can of bargain
tuna and an envelope of the other. Drain off the water from the can and
weigh what is left on a food scale. Do the same thing with the envelope.
Now you can figure out how much you are paying for how much tuna, and which
is the real bargain. In any case, you get to eat the tuna after opening
it, so try this sometime you are making lunch for a few people.