Toe expander

1 view

vjp...@at.biostrategist.dot.dot.com

Aug 17, 2009, 1:08:45 AM8/17/09
A lot of shoes blister my toes and crack my toenails.
I tried putting brad tacks on shoe horns.
Any better ideas to expand the show at the little toe.

- = -
http://www.facebook.com/vasjpan2
[Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Phooey on GUI: Windows is for subprime Bimbos]

Dave

Aug 17, 2009, 3:24:03 AM8/17/09

<vjp...@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com> wrote in message

>A lot of shoes blister my toes and crack my toenails.
> I tried putting brad tacks on shoe horns.
> Any better ideas to expand the show at the little toe.

I had the same problem when I was wearing size 10 shoes. Had my feet
re-measured for the first time in many years, and was told that I was a size
11. Since I switched to size 11, haven't had any more problems with my
toes. Go figure. -Dave

Al

Aug 17, 2009, 9:27:19 AM8/17/09

As Dave said, the secret is to buy better fitting shoes.
You can save an existing pair and make them very comfortable if you
take a sharp knife or box cutter and cut the shoe along the line of
the sole for about 2" right where it pinches. This will release the
upper in that area and be instant relief. If this is done carefully,
it will never show from above and you can even wear dress shoes this
way.

Lou

Aug 17, 2009, 1:21:36 PM8/17/09

<vjp...@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com> wrote in message
>A lot of shoes blister my toes and crack my toenails.
> I tried putting brad tacks on shoe horns.
> Any better ideas to expand the show at the little toe.

Why not just buy shoes that actually fit?

Al

Aug 17, 2009, 6:32:50 PM8/17/09
On Aug 17, 1:21 pm, "Lou" <lpog...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> <vjp2...@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com> wrote in message
>

> >A lot of shoes blister my toes and crack my toenails.
> > I tried putting brad tacks on shoe horns.
> > Any better ideas to expand the show at the little toe.
>
> Why not just buy shoes that actually fit?

It sounds like the toe box on the OP's shoes is simply too small and
not high enough. With athletic shoes, they could easily be cut open to
relieve the pressure. With dress shoes, only the side can successfully
be cut open as posted above without screwing up the shoe. Shoe size
numbers are not the key to selecting the right shoe. When China
started making all the shoes, the sizing numbers changed such that I
needed to go up a full size or even two. I disregarded the number and
went by feel and also measured them with shoes that I brought in that
were comfortable. Now the Chinese have reversed the size marked on the
shoe so they are closer to the old years.
The Chinese are famous for making non-standard sizing and shapes in
shoes. This is why so many show up in resale situations and look new.
You try them on. They feel great. After a day or two it feels like you
are wearing poorly fitting wooden shoes. If the shoes don't work for
you, just walk away.

The Real Bev

Aug 17, 2009, 7:12:38 PM8/17/09
Lou wrote:

For some of us that isn't an option. Nobody makes human-foot-shoes in
duck-foot-shapes :-( Men's shoes are a better fit, but I'm right in the middle
between boys' and men's sizes, which causes yet another problem.

I've tried shoe stretchers with the little bumps where I need them, but they
don't work worth shit.

--
Cheers, Bev
Last night I played a blank tape at full blast.