Consume Reports on bagged salads: Still plenty of contaminents!

m...@privacy.net

Jan 30, 2010, 10:49:58 AM1/30/10
CR just did a small article on bagged greens and salads
and found a danger of micro-organisms even in the
bagged ones that say "triple" washed and from name
brands.

As a person who wants to eat greens, and knows the
health benefits of doing so, yet who has mild
ulcerative colitis..... I def want to AVOID any harmful
effects.

One thing CR said was to wash the greens AGAIN at home
even if bag claims they have been washed at factory.

Having said all this, what is the best way to wash
greens and store them? What equipment would make this
as easy and painless as possible for a busy lifestyle?

Artys

Jan 30, 2010, 6:04:49 PM1/30/10

I don't know, but I am glad you told me about the report. I think I
will start re-washing my salad greens.

m...@privacy.net

Jan 30, 2010, 7:07:17 PM1/30/10
Artys <laj...@GMI.net> wrote:

>I don't know, but I am glad you told me about the report. I think I
>will start re-washing my salad greens.

Your welcome

But as I said I have mild ulcerative colitis.... which
is similar to Crohns

I have it under control..... but I sure DONT need any e
coli, etc..... so am more concerned abt it than most
maybe.

I just "assumed" that TRIPLE washing should make things
ok..... but I am a fool cause how can you trust ANY
advertising from ANY one now days?!

One thing that was mentioned in the CR article was that
there does not exist good, hard, limits on such
contamination for greens! I'm sure the lobbyists for
the food giants have "influenced" the government to not
set any!

Message has been deleted