Double-glazed Windows

The Real Bev

Sep 15, 2009, 1:44:28 AM9/15/09
Last year I replaced all the windows in my house with that expensive
double-pane energy-efficient kind, and today I got a call from the
contractor who installed them. He was complaining that the work had been
completed a whole year ago and I still hadn't paid for them.

Helloooo........... Just because I'm blonde doesn't mean that I am
automatically stupid. So, I told him just what his fast-talking sales guy
had told me last year -- that in ONE YEAR these windows would pay for
themselves! Hellooooo? "It's been a year!" I told him.

There was only silence at the other end of the line, so I finally just hung up.
He never called back. I bet he felt like an idiot.

--
Cheers, Bev
"You can make a signature quote seem authoritative by

Rod Speed

Sep 15, 2009, 5:46:16 AM9/15/09
The Real Bev wrote

> Last year I replaced all the windows in my house with that expensive
> double-pane energy-efficient kind, and today I got a call from the
> contractor who installed them. He was complaining that the work had
> been completed a whole year ago and I still hadn't paid for them.

> Helloooo........... Just because I'm blonde doesn't mean that I am
> automatically stupid. So, I told him just what his fast-talking sales
> guy had told me last year -- that in ONE YEAR these windows would pay for themselves! Hellooooo? "It's been a year!"
> I told him.

> There was only silence at the other end of the line, so I finally
> just hung up. He never called back. I bet he felt like an idiot.

I'd have you publicly flogged if you hadn't enjoyed that so much the last time.

The Real Bev

Sep 15, 2009, 6:56:43 PM9/15/09
Rod Speed wrote:

Come on, 'fess up. You laughed, right?

--
Cheers, Bev
"My parents just came back from a planet where the dominant lifeform

Rod Speed

Sep 16, 2009, 12:30:03 AM9/16/09
The Real Bev wrote

> Rod Speed wrote
>> The Real Bev wrote

>>> Last year I replaced all the windows in my house with that expensive
>>> double-pane energy-efficient kind, and today I got a call from the
>>> contractor who installed them. He was complaining that the work had
>>> been completed a whole year ago and I still hadn't paid for them.

>>> Helloooo........... Just because I'm blonde doesn't mean that I am automatically stupid. So, I told him just what
>>> his fast-talking
>>> sales guy had told me last year -- that in ONE YEAR these windows
>>> would pay for themselves! Hellooooo? "It's been a year!" I told him.

>>> There was only silence at the other end of the line, so I finally
>>> just hung up. He never called back. I bet he felt like an idiot.

>> I'd have you publicly flogged if you hadn't enjoyed that so much the last time.

> Come on, 'fess up. You laughed, right?

Nope, just smirked.

Kalmia

Sep 16, 2009, 1:00:40 PM9/16/09
On Sep 15, 1:44 am, The Real Bev <bashley101...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Last year I replaced all the windows in my house with that expensive
> double-pane energy-efficient kind,

Are they also high impact?

Seriously - have you noticed any sizable reduction in energy usage?

The Real Bev

Sep 16, 2009, 4:38:50 PM9/16/09
Kalmia wrote:

I have no way of knowing. We don't heat the house in winter (SoCal, no need)
and started using the AC about the time we installed the windows. But hey, the
windows paid for themselves so it doesn't really matter.

--
Cheers, Bev
"Don't you wish there were a knob on the TV to turn up the