Cinnamon

Marsha

Dec 31, 2009, 10:59:32 PM12/31/09
Hubby made glazed carrots, which included cinnamon, nutmeg, and honey.
Both times I tried it, it caused extreme throat irritation and coughing.
I'm guessing it was the cinnamon, but have no proof. Cinnamon in
anything else hasn't bothered me. Google hasn't produced anything thus
far. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks. Marsha
Message has been deleted

Marsha

Jan 1, 2010, 9:37:19 PM1/1/10
On 1/1/2010 1:23 PM, Balvenieman wrote:

> Marsha<m...@xeb.net> wrote:
>
>> I'm guessing it was the cinnamon, but have no proof. Cinnamon in
>> anything else hasn't bothered me.
> Just curious: Why do you suspect the cinammon? Does the recipe
> contain any other ingredients that do not commonly occur in your diet?

Someone else suggested the nutmeg. We'll leave that out the next time
and see what happens. Thanks.

frie...@zoocrewphoto.com

Jan 2, 2010, 4:13:03 AM1/2/10

I had a reaction once to an apple pie that seemed like the cinnamon
was very strong. I took one bite, and my throat burned as well as up
into my nose. It eased up a bit when I ate some of the whipped cream
to cool it. It got better when I used my asthma inhaler.

I have only had that reaction one other time. It was in reaction to
broccoli beef. I have eaten it plenty of times before that and after.
I have no idea why I reacted to it.

I do have acid reflux problems after eating cinnamon, so I know I
can't eat too much of it at one time.

Artys

Jan 2, 2010, 5:43:18 PM1/2/10
On Jan 2, 3:13 am, "fries...@zoocrewphoto.com"

I have to avoid cinnamon. It bothers me every time, usually causing
coughing and sneezing and stomach pain.

spendwize.com

Jan 2, 2010, 6:27:27 PM1/2/10
Could have been the honey, especially if it was a "natural" unprocessed
kind. You can't give it to babies because it does have certain elements
which can cause severe allergic reactions.
xxxxo
-------------------------------------
Marsha wrote:

Delivered via http://www.spendwize.com http://www.spendwize.com/groups/
Consumer News and Discussions Platform of the Net
misc.consumers.frugal-living - 38848 messages and counting!

The Real Bev

Jan 3, 2010, 1:45:19 AM1/3/10
spendwize.com wrote:

> Could have been the honey, especially if it was a "natural" unprocessed
> kind. You can't give it to babies because it does have certain elements
> which can cause severe allergic reactions.

Pollen. I'm mildly allergic to some kinds of pollen, plus dust and dogs and
cats. Fortunately it can be cured easily with almost any OTC antihistamine.
Honey has never bothered me, though.

--
Cheers, Bev
Buckle Up. It makes it harder for the aliens

Dan Birchall

Jan 23, 2010, 12:44:40 AM1/23/10

Too much cinnamon could totally cause that sort of thing. There's an
old prank in which someone gets dared to eat a teaspoon of cinnamon; I've
seen YouTube videos of people trying to do it and they look like they
suffer 'extreme throat irritation and coughing.'

--
Oh, wicked, bad, naughty, _evil_ Dan! He is a _naughty_ person...