Miami's Deco Bike vs. London's Bike Program

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the Stop the Bullshit Campaign

Mar 14, 2011, 9:52:58 AM3/14/11
I've thought I'd die (due to the dangers on the road) before I saw it.
Here it is. We even have a British accent when approaching the
presentation...

http://www.decobike.com/

I wonder why formal presentations and bad guys always take a British
accent. Well, it's not the subject. We are just like London but with a
lot of road rage. Who will win in the end, the overwhelming number of
bicycles, or the mad drivers?

It ain't easy, and you may weigh the evidence...

'It's past midnight on Super Bowl Sunday when a sedan barrels through
the bike lane on 16th Street at Alton Road, right at cyclist Ken
Bereski.

Bereski slams on his handbrakes and swerves. The car squeals to a halt
inches from his tire. "You do realize this is a bike lane, right?"
Bereski hollers.

"You got a problem?" a rotund man behind the wheel demands. The driver
opens his door, but he's so fat he can't pull himself out to fight.

Bereski bikes away laughing — but shaken at the close call.'

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/2011-03-10/news/vigilante-cyclist-ken-bereski-films-bad-drivers/

***

Hey, it's not always a laughing matter and it's not that rare that the
guy pulls a gun, just that the car itself is the weapon of choice.

But, worry not, the Wise TibetanMonkey is here to save the day and
take you alive from one side of town to the other. I will be leading
the "Beach-Jungle Tours" through the back streets, sidewalks and mean
streets with a minimum of danger. The rewards are great, otherwise
you'll be stuck in a little area no bigger than a square mile.

Expect the unexpected in this tour. From a beautiful park right in the
middle of a Gated Community --there are no homeless in it!-- to a
nudist beach for the most daring. The daring comes from the distance,
not the clothing. Notice the shared bikes can not be taken out of the
Miami Beach city limits --something that took a lot of wisdom to
notice-- in which case I'll be leading the tour in cooperation with a
bike shop.

Through it all, I think we can beat London.

http://webspawner.com/users/BIKEFORPEACE

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

Apr 7, 2011, 1:11:28 PM4/7/11
On Mar 14, 9:52 am, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the

Stop the Bullshit Campaign" <nolionnoprob...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Through it all, I think we can beat London.

Sorry, we can't beat London! London has been around for a long while
and it's bound to be more civilized than us. As I try this DECO BIKE
program and try to find the meaning of it, I find it that my
predictions came true, ie. the bikes are concentrated in the tourist
area for show...

"I had strong suspicions that the caca (poop) on the Turtle Fancy
Mixed Path along the beach came from fancy dogs and not from stray
cats that populate the environment. In effect yesterday I witnessed
twice how leashed dogs were doing caca and their owners never bothered
to pick it up. The first one was on the grass at 74 ST and the second
RIGHT ON THE PAVEMENT near 65 ST and I shouted as I went by, "Nasty,
nasty!"

So this path is not only unsafe but unfit for humans for sanitary
reasons."

"MAY THE SUN SHINE UPON YOU!"