"I’m 61, single and have an MBA. I’m draining my savings after losing my job..."

Lenona

Jul 28, 2023, 2:10:00 PM7/28/23

Lenona

Jul 28, 2023, 2:13:29 PM7/28/23
Check out the comments, too - there aren't that many.

Dim Witte

Jul 28, 2023, 8:02:04 PM7/28/23
As an 87 year-old with similare if less signifigant financial hangups, I can suggest that you simply retire at 67 and manage expenses based on that. Your life of material wealth can be reduced then, and you can probably sell your car and do without auto insurance. In the long run, you're looking at subsistence life style with likely assisted living, hoping your health holds up. Likely you could reduce circumstances of lodging, etc., not be taking vacations, letting relatives support you, instead of you them, finding comefortable sharing with similar others.

Dim Witte

Jul 29, 2023, 12:21:58 AM7/29/23
Another suggestion is that you sell what you don't need, move to a small city with less overhead, and take a new job using your skills, such as independent book-keeper/accountant for local businesses, or even stay at home similar jobs.