Semi-OT: "30-year-old man speaks out after being evicted from his parents' house"

leno...@yahoo.com

May 26, 2018, 12:28:22 PM5/26/18

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/30-year-old-man-speaks-out-after-being-evicted-from-his-parents-house/ar-AAxJAV9?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout

Excerpts:

SYRACUSE, N.Y. – It's a case that pitted a mom and dad against their own son. The couple wanted the 30-year-old to move out of their home in upstate New York. Despite eviction notices and offers of cash, he wouldn't budge, CBS New York reports.

So now, a court ruling is forcing him out, and he's complaining about his parents...

...In the time that he's been at home, Rotondo said he's never been expected to contribute to household expenses, assist with chores or the maintenance of the property. He blames his so-called "failure to launch" on a custody battle he's been waging over his own son.

"I'm getting my son back, that's what I'm doing," he said.

But Judge Donald Greenwood agreed with mom and dad that he can do that somewhere else.

"I'm granting the eviction," he ruled...

Lenona.

leno...@yahoo.com

May 26, 2018, 12:54:34 PM5/26/18
Amusing commentary:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/kass/ct-met-michael-rotondo-kass-20180525-story.html

First paragraphs:

By John Kass
Chicago Tribune

May 26, 2018

It breaks my heart to say this, but the entire country is dead wrong about poor Michael Rotondo, the 30-year-old slacker living in his parents’ basement.

You’ve all been horribly, stupidly and arrogantly cruel; those of you on the left who’ve mocked poor Rotondo for being a conservative in a bad ’80s burgundy shirt, and those on the right who treated the Syracuse pajama boy as if he were the secret son of Bernie Sanders...

(snip)

Beaver...@live.com

May 27, 2018, 12:24:05 AM5/27/18
If he wins his other suit, it would be the death of retail. Or at least hinder the average person's ability to get anything done on the weekend.

http://cnycentral.com/news/local/man-ordered-to-leave-parents-home-filed-suit-against-best-buy-in-2017

leno...@yahoo.com

Jun 1, 2018, 12:29:00 PM6/1/18
Good points are made in this blog post about Rotondo and other "lost boys," but unless I missed something, no one seems to think it's OK to simply ORDER young men or women to leave home by age 18 (that's legal, if the parent was hoping for that) - or else. (Of course, such an expectation has to be made clear well in advance - and it helps if the parents put a lot of demands and tight restrictions on the kids so they will WANT to leave home. Paying even for little things like candy bars doesn't help - never mind their phone bills.

https://pjmedia.com/drhelen/stop-calling-men-deadbeats/

Lenona.