Cleaned my Hayward pool pump filter = saved $80

Paul Michaels

May 10, 2011, 1:32:39 PM5/10/11
Rather than pay $80 for our pool cleaner to replace the dirty
cartridge filter in the Hayward Star Clear II filtration system, I
decided to remove, clean and replace it myself.

I created a quick guide to help out other owners of the Hayward Star
Clear II or other similar pool pump systems from different
manufacturers. No tools are needed except for a garden hose.

Here's the guide - http://www.paulstravelpictures.com/Hayward-Pool-Pump-Filter-Cartridge-Cleaning-Guide/

I hope someone finds it to be useful and saves some money. :) The
cleaned filter looks practically brand new, and should be able to last
a few more years with regular cleaning.

Cheers,
Paul

Bob F

May 11, 2011, 1:50:34 PM5/11/11

Or, just remove the filter cartridge, hose it off, soak in TSP, rinse thoroughly
and re-install.