The Tactical Bike

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the prophet of the deep jungle

Jan 4, 2011, 9:19:17 AM1/4/11
TACTICAL:
1. Of, relating to, used in, or involving military or naval
operations that are smaller, closer to base, and of less long-term
significance than strategic operations.
2. Characterized by adroitness, ingenuity, or skill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00n_vl6mpa0

Very, very clever little bike. So much so I ordered one.

Anyway, the strategy here is to take as long as possible in light of
the little space we've got to ride a bike without worrying about
traffic. I'm already launching my own adventures into no-man's land,
but sometimes you just want to relax.

That is the perfect tactical weapon to navigate short paths such as
the one nearby. It may be fancy but it's only around 1 mile long,
which you can do on a regular bike in under 5 minutes --being slowed
down by people and dogs as we are-- so the hope is that with something
midget like this it would take a complete workout to do a couple of
rounds.

I used to go around and around until I finally got bored and tired of
dodging people and dogs, and went back in the cage. No more! I have my
own "adventure machine," with a mere 20" tire, which I will keep for
expeditions into the deep jungle. The rest of the fleet --the Ape Bike
with long ape handlebars, the Comandante Bike with royal pedigree and
others-- will be sold or burned in the eternal fire dedicated to burn
dreams.

I'll keep you posted about the Monkey Bike. I'm a full 6'1" so if I
don't fit my little girlfriend will make the best of it. It will be an
icebreaker, the opposite of something antisocial like an SUV. I hope
that someday you will join us, as Lennon said in that famous song that
people should have as a theme to live by. You may say I'm a dreamer...

ICEBREAKER:
a. Something done or said to relax an unduly formal atmosphere or
situation.
b. A beginning; a start.