the Economics of war.

VFW

Dec 1, 2009, 12:13:14 AM12/1/09
In this shocking memoir, Confessions of an Economic Hit Man, John
Perkins tells of his own inner journey from willing servant of empire to
impassioned advocate for the rights of oppressed people. Covertly
recruited by the United States National Security Agency and on the
payroll of an international consulting firm, he traveled the world�to
Indonesia, Panama, Ecuador, Colombia, Saudi Arabia, Iran and other
strategically important countries. His job was to implement policies
that promoted the interests of the U.S. corporatocracy (a coalition of
government, banks, and corporations) while professing to alleviate
poverty�policies that alienated many nations and ultimately led to
September 11 and growing anti-Americanism. Within a few weeks of its
release , Confessions of an Economic Hit Man landed onThe New York Times
Bestseller List, then 19 other bestseller lists including the Los
Angeles Times, San Francisco Chronicle, USA Today, Wall Street Journal,
and Washington Post. The author has been interviewed repeatedly on
national radio and television shows, including Amy Goodman's Democracy
Now, CSPAN's Book TV, and PBS' Now with David Brancaccio. And now the
book is being published in 9 languages around the world. According to
John Perkins, "It is accomplishing an important objective in inspiring
people to think and talk and to know that we can change the world."
for more;

http://www.economichitman.com/
--
money; what a concept!

Bob F

Dec 1, 2009, 2:36:56 PM12/1/09

I read that book. Not the best writing, but the story is an important look at
the ways of modern economic capitalism.

A VFW

Dec 2, 2009, 11:15:56 AM12/2/09
In article <hf3r8b$58i$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,
"Bob F" <bobn...@gmail.com> wrote:

and ;

The "Crusaders" aren't fooling anyone. The Afghans have seen this all
before. The U.$. is not there to help anyone. And they have seen our
"resolve" before. And they have seen these "tactics" before,. Russia's
foray .
It's all doomed. The U.$. should just leave, they never should have
ventured into Islam. Racist tendencies are too obvious.
The Neo-Cons are getting their fists on Iraqi Oil. So just leave the
Quagmire alone. But, of course they can't.
did you know?
The Earth will be so much better when the humans have become extinct.
And it's just a matter of when. Bang or whimper. I'm thinking whimper.
Taking quite a few species with us.