Re: Why GW Debate Sides Correlate with Belief in God

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the mundane prophet of the last days before the end of times

Dec 16, 2010, 1:55:22 PM12/16/10
On Dec 15, 4:09 pm, Rockinghorse Winner
<rwinner@remove_this.hmamail.com> wrote:
> Interesting how those who believe in God are generally skeptical about
> Global Warming, and those who are skeptical about god are receptive to the
> Global Warming claims. Any opinions as to why this correlation exists?

That's fairly easy to answer. Christians for the most part are found
among these groups:

1- They distrust Science so they believe in a conspiracy,

2- They tune to the wrong TV channels (never Animal Planet),

3- They listen to the preacher who feeds them his "version of events,"

4- They are likely to have lower IQ or are lazy about thinking,

5- They may have to assume responsibility and do changes to their
lifestyle such as riding a bike,

6- Jesus is coming soon... so who cares!?

THE WISE TIBETAN MONKEY SAYS

"History is happening now, so don't be left behind!"

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the mundane prophet of the last days before the end of times

Dec 16, 2010, 2:06:54 PM12/16/10

On Dec 16, 12:45 pm, Joe <jfg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You are stupid, monkey. You need an infusion of human blood.
>
> For the record, I am a faithful Catholic, and global warming is an
> inevitable consequence of human activity on the Planet. Motion
> creates heat. Anyone who denies Global Warming is an idiot. The only
> question is, how serious of a problem is it at present? That is a
> question on which even the scientists are divided.

You are more stupid if you think we can't minimize that damage and
instead should keep driving Stupid Unnecessary Vehicles as if nothing
is happening.

We can easily ride a bike for local errands and reduce our impact. But
your IQ is pretty good for a Christian. ;)

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the mundane prophet of the last days before the end of times

Dec 16, 2010, 2:10:38 PM12/16/10
On Dec 16, 1:53 pm, dali_70 <w_e_coyot...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 16, 12:45 pm, Joe <jfg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > You are stupid, monkey. You need an infusion of human blood.
>
> > For the record, I am a faithful Catholic, and global warming is an
> > inevitable consequence of human activity on the Planet. Motion
> > creates heat. Anyone who denies Global Warming is an idiot. The only
> > question is, how serious of a problem is it at present? That is a
> > question on which even the scientists are divided.
>
> Among evangelicals, fundamentalist's, and other right wing
> conservative christians, he's spot on. they tend to deny global
> warming, evolution, the big bang and just about everything else that
> contradicts their religion or the GOP & it's corporate propaganda of
> the day.
>
> I've noticed that among Catholics, even the one's who describe
> themselves as republican or conservative, tend to go along with the
> science on things like global warming, evolution and the big bang.
>
> As for how serious a problem it is at the present, I'd say it's pretty
> damn serious. It's an exponential problem, the longer we wait the
> worse it's going to be, and the harder it's going to be to correct, if
> thats even possible.

The Catholics may be closer to the truth, but they don't do shit about
it.

Wait, they pray! ;)

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the mundane prophet of the last days before the end of times

Dec 17, 2010, 6:10:12 PM12/17/10

On Dec 17, 4:38 pm, Brock <brockor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 16, 12:35 pm, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the mundane
> prophet of the last days before the end of times"

> <nolionnoprob...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > On Dec 15, 4:09 pm, Rockinghorse Winner
>
> > <rwinner@remove_this.hmamail.com> wrote:
> > > Interesting how those who believe in God are generally skeptical about
> > > Global Warming, and those who are skeptical about god are receptive to the
> > > Global Warming claims. Any opinions as to why this correlation exists?
>
> > That's fairly easy to answer. Christians for the most part are found
> > among these groups:
>
> > 1- They distrust Science so they believe in a conspiracy,
>
> > 2- They tune to the wrong TV channels (never Animal Planet),
>
> > 3- They listen to the preacher who feeds them his "version of events,"
>
> > 4- They are likely to have lower IQ or are lazy about thinking,
>
> > 5- They may have to assume responsibility and do changes to their
> > lifestyle such as riding a bike,
>
> > 6- Jesus is coming soon... so who cares!?
>

> One listens to a non-believer represent believer's positions at one's
> peril :)

That's why you don't trust the scientists, right? They don't believe
in Jesus!

I rest my case.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the mundane prophet of the last days before the end of times

Dec 20, 2010, 9:06:28 AM12/20/10

On Dec 20, 6:00 am, TLC <tlc.tere...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If anyone wants to read the idiotic trash of some real nutters see
> below,
>
> God’s global warming worked just fine
>
> Evidence from the pre-Flood world suggests that we need not fear
> global warming from carbon dioxide
>
> http://creation.com/global-warming-facts-and-myths
>
> AND THE RELIGIOUS WANT PEOPLE TO RESPECT THEIR VEIWS? THEY MUST BE
> INSANE!!!!

Oh no, they must be really dumb to believe that! They are simply
pitiful and shameful...

"God’s global warming worked just fine
Evidence from the pre-Flood world suggests that we need not fear
global warming from carbon dioxide"

Edward Dolan

Dec 20, 2010, 9:24:47 AM12/20/10
"His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the mundane prophet of the last days before
the end of times" <nolionn...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

TM is a poor crazy bastard who just posts on his one favorite subject -
hatred of motor vehicles because they interfere with his use of the roads.
His other favorite subject is attacking Christianity. If you respond to this
poor crazy bastard, then you are a poor crazy bastard too.

He likes to reference monkeys and other wild animals normally found only in
zoos because he is most likely a wild beast himself. I think he fornicates
with monkeys, but I can't prove it.

TM should confine himself to just one thread instead of proliferating them
like a poor crazy bastard. He is insane of course. I liken him to the
village idiot of olden times. The difference these days is that no one any
longer recognizes the village idiot because idiocy has become so widespread.

But I will be here to remind one and all of what a poor crazy bastard TM is.
It is a mark of My Greatness that I can still recognize the village idiot
even if the rest of you can't.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the mundane prophet of the last days before the end of times

Dec 20, 2010, 5:04:10 PM12/20/10

On Dec 20, 12:41 pm, Brock Organ <brockor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 12:40 PM, Brock Organ <brockor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> God is sexually impotent, meaning he's incapable of eradicating
> >> homosexuals even though homosexuality is a "sin" among Christians and
> >> even more among other faiths.
>
> > Or God's potency is more adequately evaluated by noting that He is not
> > subordinate to humankind:
>
> > "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose
> > that prevails."
>
> >http://bible.cc/proverbs/19-21.htm
>
> Sorry, I meant to prefix my response with: "Your highness, ..."

The "highness" part comes from my superior transportation choice: a
bicycle.

If there was a Jesus who rode a donkey... he would agree with me.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the mundane prophet of the last days before the end of times

Dec 20, 2010, 5:23:18 PM12/20/10
From the Dahon website...

"Make a change for the better Economic pressures, environmental
pressures, life pressures. What’s a person to do? Dahon makes bikes
that fit into your life and help you take charge of your weekly gas
bill, of your workouts, and of your carbon foot print."

This is an invitation to those Christians who are doing nothing. Dahon
is not a God, but the biggest manufacturing of folding bikes. ;)

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the prophet of the deep jungle

Dec 21, 2010, 2:47:34 PM12/21/10
On Dec 21, 9:46 am, Brock Organ <brockor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 8:01 AM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the

> mundane prophet of the last days before the end of times
>

> <comandante.ban...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > On Dec 20, 10:38 pm, Brock Organ <brockor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 4:56 PM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the

> >> mundane prophet of the last days before the end of times

> >> If you say so, your highness.
>
> > I'm sorry to hear that you find my choice of transportation
> > questionable.
>
> Only its relevance in the discussion, your highness.

Does belief in God...

a) Make you doubt scientists and thus GW?

b) Dismiss your personal contribution to fight GW?

A "yes" to any of those questions proves my point, and makes me stand
on higher moral ground. I'm trying to change the world by personal
contribution and that earns me the "highness" honorific title.

Edward Dolan

Dec 21, 2010, 6:27:03 PM12/21/10
"His Highness the TibetanMonkey,
[...]

> Does belief in God...
>
> a) Make you doubt scientists and thus GW?
>
> b) Dismiss your personal contribution to fight GW?
>
> A "yes" to any of those questions proves my point, and makes me stand
> on higher moral ground. I'm trying to change the world by personal
> contribution and that earns me the "highness" honorific title.

TM is a poor crazy bastard who just posts on his one favorite subject -

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the prophet of the deep jungle

Dec 21, 2010, 11:04:51 PM12/21/10

On Dec 21, 7:56 pm, Joe <jfg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 17, 5:49 pm, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the mundane

> prophet of the last days before the end of times"
>

> <comandante.ban...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > On Dec 16, 2:22 pm, LL <llp...@aol.com> wrote:
>
> > > On Dec 16, 11:01 am, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the mundane

> > > prophet of the last days before the end of times"

> > > LL: An excellent example of damning with faint praise!
>
> > > **************************
>
> > Those living in denial are definitely lower. But those doing something
> > are way higher. ;)
>
> Then you have to acknowledge I'm one of the highest, since I founded a
> non-stock corporation to educate the public regarding wind and solar
> power and local music and art!

You seem to be "high plus"...

Now this effort requires POLITICAL WILL if it ever is to become a
solution. I'm working in that area too.

Edward Dolan

Dec 21, 2010, 11:36:22 PM12/21/10
"His Highness the TibetanMonkey,> You seem to be "high plus"...