Revolution and "bare necessities"

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the Stop the Bullshit Campaign

Mar 2, 2011, 2:58:37 PM3/2/11
(Let's forget about America. The revolution here won't start until
drivers are grounded because they can't afford the gas and don't know
any solution. So let's talk about Africa or something)

Oh, something predatory capitalism dismisses. We must constantly
progress or else we are losers, left to rot in poverty. Well, that's
not the point of a revolution. The point is that everybody has the
bare necessities covered. And what are they?

1- FREEDOM: We can't have a revolution without freedom of speech and
freedom to protest,

2- SAFETY: We don't care about freedom if we are not safe, so we must
be safe in the community (no need for gated community). We may
legalize drugs if it contributes to peace and stability. Worst
criminals will be subject to the Law of the Jungle (whatever it takes
to get the job done),

3- HEALTHCARE: C'mon, we all get sick sooner or later. Let's make
nonprofit healthcare a goal,

4- EDUCATION: Free up to technical level, then affordable at the
higher lever,

5- TRANSPORTATION: No, the revolution won't make it easy for you,
people in Africa, to own a car. We reject the idea of an SUV in an
urban civilized environment. The revolution will guarantee you the
right to have a bike and to be safe on the road. Of course, public
transportation is also part of the revolution and Curitiba, Brazil,
has been doing a quiet revolution in that respect,

6- HOMELESSNESS: No homeless. They will be interned in mental
institutions (as appropriate) or made to contribute to the community
where they live in exchange for the bare necessities.

7- HEALTHY FOOD: Affordable rice and beans, bananas and peanuts, or
popcorn as it may be the case.

Bare Necessities from the Jungle Book...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ogQ0uge06o

Don't let the lion dictate your necessities!!!

"Wisdom of the Jungle"

Rod Speed

Mar 2, 2011, 4:42:04 PM3/2/11
His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the Stop the Bullshit Campaign wrote

> (Let's forget about America. The revolution here won't start

You dont get revolutions in the great democracys, stupid.

> until drivers are grounded because they can't afford the gas

Taint gunna happen. In the ultimate, if gasoline does end
up very expensive, natural gas will be used, and when thats
gone too, hydrogen from nukes. Cars will carry on fine.

> and don't know any solution.

There are solutions already in use right now.

> So let's talk about Africa

No point, its always been a dismal failure.

They're so stupid that they cant even manage to work out that
having hordes of kids cant work, or what causes HIV/AIDS
either or that nasty people cant cause lightning strikes.

> or something)

> Oh, something predatory capitalism dismisses. We must
> constantly progress or else we are losers, left to rot in poverty.

Thats just plain wrong. Plenty of places stopped constantly
progressing and didnt rot in poverty when they did.

> Well, that's not the point of a revolution. The point
> is that everybody has the bare necessities covered.

Almost the entire modern first and second world worked out how to do that LONG ago now.

> And what are they?

> 1- FREEDOM: We can't have a revolution without
> freedom of speech and freedom to protest,

You dont get revolutions in the great democracys, stupid.

> 2- SAFETY: We don't care about freedom if we are not safe,

Mindlessly silly. Teenagers are absolutely notorious for not
giving a damn about safety. They really do believe that they
are bulletproof. Thats why we have always used them in wars.

> so we must be safe in the community (no need for gated community).

Easier said than done. There will always be criminals, stupid.

> We may legalize drugs if it contributes to peace and stability.

Open slather on drugs isnt going to do that.

> Worst criminals will be subject to the Law of the
> Jungle (whatever it takes to get the job done),

Thats not peace and stability, stupid.

> 3- HEALTHCARE: C'mon, we all get sick sooner or later.

Not everyone does, some are just healthy until they die in their sleep.

> Let's make nonprofit healthcare a goal,

Why should that be uniquely non profit ?

We all need to eat and drink. Only a fool would demand
that that be non profit because its something we all need.

> 4- EDUCATION: Free up to technical level,

It is right thruout the modern first and second world.

> then affordable at the higher lever,

Waffle. Define affordable.

With technical education it makes a lot of sense to have a
mechanism whereby you can pay for the technical education
with the better job you get with the technical education.

But you cant actually justify your line that up to technical level
should be free but not after that.

> 5- TRANSPORTATION: No, the revolution won't make
> it easy for you, people in Africa, to own a car. We reject
> the idea of an SUV in an urban civilized environment.

Only one eyed fools do.

> The revolution will guarantee you the right to have a bike and to be safe on the road.

Just another of your pathetic little drug crazed fantasys.

> Of course, public transportation is also part of the revolution

Hopeless outside urban areas and cars leave that for dead.

> and Curitiba, Brazil, has been doing a quiet revolution in that respect,

Pity about the rest of the country.

> 6- HOMELESSNESS: No homeless.

There will always be some loons that choose to 'live' like that.

> They will be interned in mental institutions (as appropriate)

Most of them prefer not to be forced into those.

> or made to contribute to the community where
> they live in exchange for the bare necessities.

Not even possible with the worst of the drug addicts and drunks.

> 7- HEALTHY FOOD: Affordable rice and beans, bananas
> and peanuts, or popcorn as it may be the case.

No thanks.

<reams of even sillier crap flushed where it belongs>

Edward Dolan

Mar 2, 2011, 5:11:27 PM3/2/11
"Rod Speed" <rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the Stop the Bullshit
> Campaign wrote
>
>> (Let's forget about America. The revolution here won't start
>
> You dont get revolutions in the great democracys, stupid.

The hell you say! How do we know you are not lying?

> [...]

> Pity about the rest of the country.

The hell you say! How do we know you are not lying?

>> 6- HOMELESSNESS: No homeless.
>
> There will always be some loons that choose to 'live' like that.

The hell you say! How do we know you are not lying?

>> They will be interned in mental institutions (as appropriate)
>
> Most of them prefer not to be forced into those.

The hell you say! How do we know you are not lying?

>> or made to contribute to the community where
>> they live in exchange for the bare necessities.
>
> Not even possible with the worst of the drug addicts and drunks.

The hell you say! How do we know you are not lying?

>> 7- HEALTHY FOOD: Affordable rice and beans, bananas
>> and peanuts, or popcorn as it may be the case.
>
> No thanks.
>
> <reams of even sillier crap flushed where it belongs>

The hell you say! How do we know you are not lying?

Rod Speed

Mar 2, 2011, 7:12:28 PM3/2/11
Mr Ed the donkey Dolan wrote just the puerile shit any 2 year old could leave for dead.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the Stop the Bullshit Campaign

Mar 3, 2011, 1:11:25 AM3/3/11
On Mar 2, 5:11 pm, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
> "Rod Speed" <rod.speed....@gmail.com> wrote in message

Oh thanks. It saved me the trouble to answer but nobody cares what he
thinks anyway.

May I remind him we all have an African ancestor in our evolution
tree, though he seems rather Australopitecus.

Edward Dolan

Mar 3, 2011, 11:05:49 PM3/3/11
"His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the Stop the Bullshit
Campaign" <nolionn...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
[...]

> Oh thanks. It saved me the trouble to answer but nobody cares what he
thinks anyway.

> May I remind him we all have an African ancestor in our evolution
tree, though he seems rather Australopitecus.

That should be Australopithecus, but that is just the librarian-scholar in
me. You have got him pegged perfectly.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Rod Speed

Mar 3, 2011, 11:16:27 PM3/3/11

Tºm Shermªn™ °_°

Mar 3, 2011, 11:26:30 PM3/3/11
On 3/3/2011 10:05 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
> "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the Stop the Bullshit
> Campaign"<nolionn...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>> Oh thanks. It saved me the trouble to answer but nobody cares what he
> thinks anyway.
>
>> May I remind him we all have an African ancestor in our evolution
> tree, though he seems rather Australopitecus.
>
> That should be Australopithecus, but that is just the librarian-scholar in
> me. You have got him pegged perfectly.

More like Piltdown Man. ;)

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.

a real cheapskate

Mar 4, 2011, 5:56:46 AM3/4/11

> May I remind him we all have an African ancestor in our evolution
> tree, though he seems rather Australopitecus.-

do you have a link for this? I know a raging bigot:( and would love a
photo of his face when I show him a print of the info:)

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the Stop the Bullshit Campaign

Mar 4, 2011, 8:13:14 AM3/4/11
On Mar 3, 11:05 pm, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
> "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the Stop the BullshitCampaign" <nolionnoprob...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> [...]> Oh thanks. It saved me the trouble to answer but nobody cares what he
>
> thinks anyway.
>
> > May I remind him we all have an African ancestor in our evolution
>
> tree, though he seems rather Australopitecus.
>
> That should be Australopithecus, but that is just the librarian-scholar in
> me. You have got him pegged perfectly.

Yeah, but the misspelling comes out perfectly to tell the man from
Australia from the caveman.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the Stop the Bullshit Campaign

Mar 4, 2011, 8:21:04 AM3/4/11

http://www.scientific-web.com/en/Biology/Anthropology/images/AustralopithecusAfarensis1.jpg

Funny. I look authentically Australian and dress authentically
Australian. It's not effort just that I use the hat and safari look.

Rod Speed

Mar 4, 2011, 4:41:31 PM3/4/11
a real cheapskate wrote

>> May I remind him we all have an African ancestor in our evolution tree,
>> though he seems rather Australopitecus.-

> do you have a link for this?

Presumably you mean for the first part.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recent_single_origin_hypothesis

The Real Bev

Mar 4, 2011, 5:36:35 PM3/4/11
On 03/03/11 20:26, Tºm Shermªn™ °_° > wrote:

> On 3/3/2011 10:05 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:

>> <nolionn...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> [...]
>>> Oh thanks. It saved me the trouble to answer but nobody cares what he
>> thinks anyway.
>>
>>> May I remind him we all have an African ancestor in our evolution
>> tree, though he seems rather Australopitecus.
>>
>> That should be Australopithecus, but that is just the librarian-scholar in
>> me. You have got him pegged perfectly.
>
> More like Piltdown Man. ;)

Those guys did 'Brontosaurus Stomp' and Old McDonald's Cave'. Many have
done much worse. Incidentally, their tympanist played with the LA
Philharmonic.

But I digress...

--
Cheers, Bev
"By the time they had diminished from 50 to 8, the other